Cuomo instead of Biden

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Cuomo instead of Biden

Post by Rate This » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:39 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:27 pm
Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:30 pm
The link below is an article from the New York Post. A majority of Democrats want to nominate New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo for president instead of Joe Biden, according to poll results shared exclusively with The Post..
Now I'm not wanting a discussion about if this would be a good idea or not.

But could someone explain to me the process involved in doing this? Of course we agree there's no way Cuomo can get more delegates than Biden by the convention. So how would they go about doing this? Is it possible? Thanks.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/10/democrats ... oll-finds/
Since Biden has not locked up the nomination with enough delegates, the party is free to choose to put whomever they want forward. Even if he did get enough delegates, the party could change their own rules. The real hurdle is what date you have to file in each state to be on the ballot for the general election.
Actually folks in most other western democracies are rather mystified at any outrage about the party choosing the candidate. Another way we are different I suppose.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:45 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:39 pm
Actually folks in most other western democracies are rather mystified at any outrage about the party choosing the candidate. Another way we are different I suppose.
I don't have any problem with any method the party wants to use to figure out who they want to support, however they should NOT be using government money to do it. The government pays for the primary elections, which I think it totally insane. If the parties want to reimburse for the cost of the election, then fine... otherwise just figure out some other way to pick who you want to support.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:52 pm

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic