Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Let's talk about Sweden

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
RedMenace

Re: Let's talk about Sweden

Post by RedMenace » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:43 am

km1125 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:10 am
Michigan ALONE has had more deaths than Sweden due to COVID. I don't think we know yet how many additional deaths we'll have due to the associated shutdown either.

Luckily, the feds have pumped money into the state's economy, or we'd see THOUSANDS of more deaths due to starvation and crime due to everyone going broke. That can still happen this year though, if folks don't start getting back to real paychecks.
I know one thing for sure, save your money. Because once the "free money" $600 per week runs out, the dipshits that have been buying "toys" right and left will be broke. It'll be the biggest sale on "slightly" used 4 wheelers, side by sides. boats. jet skis, guns, etc. we've seen in decades.

Counting all the assholes in the room I'm defiantly not alone.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:45 am

You got that right.
Thread Killer

UP906

Post by UP906 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:57 am

I can't wait until all the libs that panic bought firearms come to their senses.
Thread Killer

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:16 am

RedMenace wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:43 am
km1125 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:10 am
Michigan ALONE has had more deaths than Sweden due to COVID. I don't think we know yet how many additional deaths we'll have due to the associated shutdown either.

Luckily, the feds have pumped money into the state's economy, or we'd see THOUSANDS of more deaths due to starvation and crime due to everyone going broke. That can still happen this year though, if folks don't start getting back to real paychecks.
I know one thing for sure, save your money. Because once the "free money" $600 per week runs out, the dipshits that have been buying "toys" right and left will be broke. It'll be the biggest sale on "slightly" used 4 wheelers, side by sides. boats. jet skis, guns, etc. we've seen in decades.
Amen, I like your thinking.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:36 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:23 am
I'm just accepting the reality of the situation. There are no good answers - and there were no good answers as of probably sometime in January. Since we keep arguing in circles there's not much else for me to say here. The reality as I see it is that given how contagious the virus is and given how many people already have it, the best course of action is to just let it run its course while doing what we can to protect the most vulnerable groups of people until we can get a treatment/vaccine. The one-size-fits-all strategy of trying to prevent everybody from getting sick IS NOT WORKING as should be blatantly apparent from the current numbers. Like it or not, we are ALREADY ON THE PATH, and it is inevitable, to eventual 70% infection and herd immunity.
It’s not working because all the red states down south DECIDED TO REOPEN AT THE BEGINNING OF MAY. It would have worked like it did in other countries if the Republican Party at all levels was a functional political party and not a group of reactionaries hell bent on going the opposite direction when everybody is trying to get them to turn a certain way. “You want me to not jump off that cliff? Ok lets see how long it takes me to fall”...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:49 am

Most of my clients delayed reopening and are reaping the benefits. Imagine getting your operation up only to close 5 weeks later. It's happening all over.

That's what you get from a sideshow clown leading things.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:58 am

bmw wrote:
I'm just accepting the reality of the situation. There are no good answers - and there were no good answers as of probably sometime in January. Since we keep arguing in circles there's not much else for me to say here. The reality as I see it is that given how contagious the virus is and given how many people already have it, the best course of action is to just let it run its course while doing what we can to protect the most vulnerable groups of people until we can get a treatment/vaccine. The one-size-fits-all strategy of trying to prevent everybody from getting sick IS NOT WORKING as should be blatantly apparent from the current numbers. Like it or not, we are ALREADY ON THE PATH, and it is inevitable, to eventual 70% infection and herd immunity.
Herd immunity is an unlikely goal because we do not know yet whether having had the disease confers immunity. If it is even possible, it would require at least 60% of the population to have had the disease and recovered. That's about 200 million Americans suffering from Covid. If the death rate is only 1% (we hope), that's over 2 million Americans dead. And many more suffering permanent damage to lungs, heart, kidneys and brain. A pretty big price to pay, I'd say.
Last edited by Honeyman on Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
The censorship king from out of state.

RedMenace

Post by RedMenace » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:58 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:49 am
Most of my clients delayed reopening and are reaping the benefits. Imagine getting your operation up only to close 5 weeks later. It's happening all over.

So you think Whitmer is a joke too?

Because she's the one who made those decisions here.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:05 am

RedMenace wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:58 am
TC Talks wrote:

What decisions? She didn’t make a decision to reopen and then close 5 weeks later... Abbott, Ducey and DeSantis on the other hand... they are rolling that way.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:07 am

We haven't closed, we are getting closer to that decision because of the mask inept, but we are doing ok.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

RedMenace

Post by RedMenace » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:09 am

Honeyman wrote:
bmw wrote:
Herd immunity is an unlikely goal because we do not know yet whether having had the disease confers immunity. If it is even possible, it would require at least 60% of the population to have had the disease and recovered. That's 260 million Americans suffering from Covid. If the death rate is only 1% (we hope), that's over 2.6 million Americans dead. And many more suffering permanent damage to lungs, heart, kidneys and brain. A pretty big price to pay, I'd say.

Your assumption implies that all people that contract it would "suffer" from it. Many people that contract it don't even know they have it. And even less have to be hospitalized.

RedMenace

Post by RedMenace » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:12 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:07 am
We haven't closed, we are getting closer to that decision because of the mask inept, but we are doing ok.
Rate This wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:05 am
RedMenace wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

What decisions? She didn’t make a decision to reopen and then close 5 weeks later... Abbott, Ducey and DeSantis on the other hand... they are rolling that way.

LOL, you dipshits dance like trained monkeys. So when governor bitchface close us back down it's not her fault right?

You lemming crack me up.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:36 am

Bmw... there’s mounting evidence AGAINST heard immunity and that Sweden got it wrong:
https://www.businessinsider.com/coronav ... ain-2020-7

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:19 pm

TC Talks wrote:

Surprised you would describe Whitmer that way!!

(but I agree!)

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:41 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:36 am
Bmw... there’s mounting evidence AGAINST heard immunity and that Sweden got it wrong:
https://www.businessinsider.com/coronav ... ain-2020-7
That study looks rather inconclusive. Unless I'm reading the results incorrectly, it looks like 86% of people who tested positive still had antibodies in their system several weeks later, and presumably the bulk of the 14% who didn't may never had had antibodies due to never really getting sick in the first place.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic