Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Buttigieg suspends campaign?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Buttigieg suspends campaign?

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:18 pm

...so says CNN. We'll see if another news organization corroborates.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Buttigieg suspends campaign?

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:25 pm

Confirmed by the AP.

This really surprises me. I thought he would stay in the race until at least Super Tuesday.

Let's see if he endorses Biden. He clearly doesn't want Sanders to be the nominee.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:32 pm

Confirmed by several at this point. I am shocked he didn't wait to see how Tuesday turned out but I don't think it would have changed the outcome.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:35 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:25 pm
Confirmed by the AP.

This really surprises me. I thought he would stay in the race until at least Super Tuesday.

Let's see if he endorses Biden. He clearly doesn't want Sanders to be the nominee.
I suspect that him dropping out now is strategic... most of his voters (a not insignificant 8-12% more than likely) will mostly go to Biden... that could make a world of difference come Tuesday.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:48 pm

You bet it's strategic. I'll lay ten to one, if Biden gets the nomination, Mayor Pete is second on the ticket.
The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:00 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:48 pm
You bet it's strategic. I'll lay ten to one, if Biden gets the nomination, Mayor Pete is second on the ticket.
That’s probably not a bad bet... they’d probably roll right over Trump and maybe deliver the senate as well... Trump should be quaking in his boots about that possibility or finding a way to order up some dirt of some kind right about now...

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:10 pm

He was promised something to drop out! Maybe not the vice president spot, but he was promised something by the DNC. He should’ve been the last candidate dropping out . The DNC knows they need Pete to drop out for Biden to have any sort of chance !

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:37 pm

zzand wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:10 pm
He was promised something to drop out! Maybe not the vice president spot, but he was promised something by the DNC. He should’ve been the last candidate dropping out . The DNC knows they need Pete to drop out for Biden to have any sort of chance !
He also had no chance of getting the mod and was in the way and knew it...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic