Could We Have a Sane Discussion About Abortion?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Could We Have a Sane Discussion About Abortion?

Post by audiophile » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:41 am

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:39 am

More of lovinlife101 and his
mentally murky,
over modulated,
Mud Sucker-mouthed,
excremental expounding.

And his little dog, too. audiophile the amplifier.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:08 am

Looks like someone is forgetting that the courts will block any draconian moves made by the far right. Several churches up here are preparing for the blowback for trying to circumvent due process of lawmaking.

I sure hope the organizers are ready for a big spotlight because they are about to get "Me Too'd".

My daughter works for Planned Parenthood just wait to see what's next.
audiophile wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:41 am
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:59 pm

Odd Emoji selection, lovinlife101.

Most of us see nothing funny about abortion.

But then - to understand - we must always remember - it’s your brain. It’s your funny bone. It’s your taunt and run - and gloat - personality.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:36 pm

I'm focusing on the heart rather than law. If you believe it is wrong then you should be speaking against the practice (legal or not) rather than forcefully regurgitating some DNC talking points. This has little or nothing to do with religion. Many atheists and agnostics also oppose it.

After all, If I said I didn't like others killing puppies, no one would bring up a law or religion issue on here. They would just agree on the merits.

How much more precious is a baby (unborn or born) than a puppy? Think about it...

I'm serious! Think...
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:59 pm

The difference is - a female human has been given by her creator a free will to choose to carry and deliver. Or to abort.

Mother Nature/God also causes abortion frequently. It’s euphemistically called “miscarriage”. The fetus at any stage of development mysteriously and suddenly aborts.

Or the fetus dies in utero and a medically necessary abortion or D&C is performed. Without those options - the carrying female’s life is in danger from continuing to carry dead tissue.

Usually dogs have no free will choice to carry and deliver puppies. Or to abort them.

You’re welcome. It’s good to stay factual. “Think!”

And not draw comparisons that do not compare, at all.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:50 pm

Yep! And that's a fact, jack!

It almost feels like SG thinks because you can't see anything from the outside, that nothing is there. Get this man an ultrasound machine so he can become edumacated...

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:35 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:08 am
I sure hope the organizers are ready for a big spotlight because they are about to get "Me Too'd".

My daughter works for Planned Parenthood just wait to see what's next.
So planned parenthood's operatives are going to launch a bunch of baseless 'sexual misconduct' allegations against a bunch of folks for a political point?

Haven't we been through that before?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:20 pm

It's not political, it's hate faith, and it's anti-woman. Did you know that abortions represent 8% of Planned Parenthood services? They are THE health care system for poor women, including birth control and prenatal care. These Kristians and their hater radio stations are actually attacking poor women.

Political discussion has nothing to do with religious beliefs.
Last edited by TC Talks on Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
― Matt

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:58 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:20 pm
It's not political, it's hate faith, and it's anti-woman. Did you know that abortions represent 8% of Planned Parenthood services? They are THE health care system for poor women, including birth control and prenatal care. These Kristians and their hater radio stations are actually attacking poor women.

And Al Capone probably only killed 8% of the folks he faced. Maybe even less.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:49 am

km1125 wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:58 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:20 pm

And Al Capone probably only killed 8% of the folks he faced. Maybe even less.
They got him for tax evasion no less... so he didn’t even get nailed on the 8% or less...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:21 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:36 pm
How much more precious is a baby (unborn or born) than a puppy? Think about it...

I'm serious! Think..
Absolutely,

A) Why do we hear nothing from the Anti-abortion crowd about the global suffering of children born into abject poverty?

B) Why aren't you campaigning for America to stop killing millions of citizens in "conflicts" that profit conservative corporations? (Living breathing people of faith)

C) Why were you silent as children died in cages?

D) Why isn't the"political weight" of this movement working to properly fund the foster care program?

E) Why do you support or not protest gun rights when the primary purpose of most guns is to kill people?

F) Why do you attack the largest health care provider to pregnant women in the nation?

You ignore or forgive these sins with rationalizations? All the time "God Bless America".

Your movement is disingenuous because it is nothing but a rouse to enlist people into the conservative political arena. This is the belief that the government should have no control over the lives of Americans except poor women who can't afford to travel to a place where abortion will remain safe and legal.

I'm thinking about the hypocrisy, and that anti-abortion organizations really don't care about "people" as much as the power and wealth it gives them.

Thinking from the heart? You are elitists who live the teachings of Christ that happen to be convenient for you. We all sin, and it's not up to you to judge others.
― Matt

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:20 pm

The atheist’s case against abortion: respect for human rights I am an atheist, a 29-year-old woman, well-educated at secular institutions, and I lean liberal on many issues, including same-sex marriage and climate change. I am also a dedicated pro-life activist, working to make abortion unthinkable.

https://www.americamagazine.org/politic ... man-rights

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:50 pm

I presented a case that legislating abortions is an attack on the poor and not a priority when it comes to "having a heart" regarding human rights issues.
― Matt

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:25 pm

Arguing against abortion goes beyond the policies or teachings of any religious text. It is not an issue restricted only to the religious but rather an issue concerning human rights and therefore defies the labels of religion, political affiliation, race, gender, sexual orientation, and so on. If we can agree that abortion wrongfully takes the life of a living human being, then all other labels which define our individuality should be irrelevant to the issue at hand.

https://www.lifenews.com/2012/02/28/con ... -abortion/
Excellent point from an atheist. It's simply a human rights discussion.

PS If someone kills themselves, it could harm others around them. IE: If they off themselves to eliminate their pain, but they might pass that pain on to the next generation. I don't recommend it for that reason.
Last edited by audiophile on Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic