Democrat Debate Drinking Game

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 12047

Democrat Debate Drinking Game

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:53 pm

Take a shot every time someone knocks Donald Trump

OR

Take a half shot every time someone knocks Bernie Sanders.

Who gets drunk first?

audiophile

Re: Democrat Debate Drinking Game

Post by audiophile » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:55 pm

LOL, you do.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:27 pm

Warren slammed Bloomberg for supposedly saying "kill it", but she supports the killing of viable fetuses. What a hypocrite.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:29 pm

Complete chaos in this debate, 5 people taking at same time.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:31 pm

Bernie facial expressions are pretty crazy, finger pointing at himself, LOL.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:32 pm

Biden keeps talking even though he is way over time and argues everyone else did it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:38 pm

Warren argues that progressives (read far left) can appeal to moderate republican's. She is delusional.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:45 pm

Drink a shot every time the moderators fail to do their job effectively!

Bernie looks like a hunchback. What the heck is wrong with his posture?
Biden keeps talking even though he is way over time and argues everyone else did it.
Biden is right. Warren, Sanders, Buttigieg, and Bloomberg were given extended time at multiple moments during the debate; the useless moderators didn't seem to care.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:54 pm

Before the first commercial break, the moderators absolutely lost control of the debate...I suspect something was said to the candidates during the break because it is much more under control now.

btw - are these Democrats EVER going to be asked about foreign policy?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:00 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:54 pm
Before the first commercial break, the moderators absolutely lost control of the debate...I suspect something was said to the candidates during the break because it is much more under control now.

With the country on fire and an isolationist President is anybody really putting that even on the back burner?

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:01 pm

Bloomberg isn't getting destroyed tonight, but I wouldn't say he's having a particularly good debate either. You can tell that public debates just aren't one of his strengths.

Warren went too far in attacking Bloomberg tonight - her punches didn't land anywhere near like they did last debate, and she got quite a bit of booing from the audience.

Biden going after Steyer over investing in private prisons was a bit of an odd choice to me - why even engage with the one candidate who literally has a ZERO percent chance of winning the nomination?

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:05 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:00 pm
bmw wrote:

With the country on fire and an isolationist President is anybody really putting that even on the back burner?
I wonder if they'll even get a question on how they would deal with an impending pandemic such as the Corona virus? That is leading the news right now, both in the context of the large hit the stock market has taken and in the context of recent comments from the CDC saying the US will likely see a crisis in the near future. They should be asked how they would handle this situation.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:15 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:05 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:00 pm
bmw wrote:

I wonder if they'll even get a question on how they would deal with an impending pandemic such as the Corona virus? That is leading the news right now, both in the context of the large hit the stock market has taken and in the context of recent comments from the CDC saying the US will likely see a crisis in the near future. They should be asked how they would handle this situation.
1000% agree... the moderators would be guilty of malpractice for anything less...

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:29 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:15 pm
1000% agree... the moderators would be guilty of malpractice for anything less...
They didn't spend much time on it.

I was kinda disappointed in the answers, which were all basically nothing more than "spend more money." I didn't hear any details other than from Biden, saying he would demand that the US be allowed into China to monitor the situation (seems a little late for that).

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:20 pm

I watched most of the debate. I would rate performances as follows:

-Biden - A- - looked Presidential, reliance on his experience as VP was effective
-Sanders - B+ - Bernie was Bernie, didn't have a great night, but had a good enough night for the frontrunner
-Klobuchar - B- - Not as strong of a performance as last debate but not bad either.
-Bloomberg - C - Meh. He won't be the nominee.
-Warren - D+ - Way worse performance than last debate. What little chance she gave her self last week of getting back into the race evaporated.
-Buttigieg - D - His usual smug self. Did nothing to make himself relevant
-Steyer - who cares.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic