Who Loves Dictators More Than Bernie?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 12047

Who Loves Dictators More Than Bernie?

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:11 pm

Bernie Sanders on 60 Minutes said this and lots of newspapers wrote:"We're very opposed to the authoritarian nature of Cuba but you know, it's unfair to simply say everything is bad. You know?" Sanders said on CBS' "60 Minutes" in an interview that aired Sunday. "When Fidel Castro came into office, you know what he did? He had a massive literacy program. Is that a bad thing? Even though Fidel Castro did it?"
Who does he think he is, Marge Schott? "Hitler was good in the beginning, but he went too far.""Everything you read, when he came in he was good," the Cincinnati Reds owner said in an interview broadcast by ESPN. "They built tremendous highways and got all the factories going. He went nuts, he went berserk. I think his own generals tried to kill him, didn't they?"

Or maybe it IS Presidential to laud praise onto homicidal dictators.

FDR - "(Joseph Stalin was)truly representative of the heart and soul of Russia” and a leader who was “thoroughly conversant with the provisions of our Constitution.”

Nixon - on his historic first trip to China, Nixon compared Mao Zedong and the communist leadership to George Washington and the other leaders of the American revolution.

Ronald Reagan was enthusiastic about Rios Montt, the genocidal president of Guatemala. “I know that President Rios Montt is a man of great personal integrity and commitment,” Reagan said in 1982.

Donald Trump - Kim Jong Un is "A talented man who loves his country very much. An honor to meet him."

Perhaps that's the path to the White House.

screen glare

Re: Who Loves Dictators More Than Bernie?

Post by screen glare » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:21 pm

Decisive swing state Florida - with all of Miami’s Cuban refugees from decades ago - who know first hand of Castro’s brutality - will NEVER vote for Bernie.

If Sanders is the nominee - Trump easily reelected. Why do you think both Putin and Trump want Bernie as Trump’s opponent?

Duh!

Bernie nominee = Trump victory.

Pass it on. Very important that Sander’s supporters under stand this never changing equation!

audiophile

Re: Who Loves Dictators More Than Bernie?

Post by audiophile » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:55 am

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic