Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mitt Romney-Just Another Spoiled Brat From Suburban Detroit

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Mitt Romney-Just Another Spoiled Brat From Suburban Detroit

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:29 pm

Mitt Romney is a spoiled brat. He's voting to impeach Trump. He is so jealous of Trump that he would sooner the nation become Communist than to stay with a proven winner.

Evidence of Romney's impeachable behavior.

https://www.nationalmemo.com/did-young- ... reloaded=1

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Honeyman

Re: Mitt Romney-Just Another Spoiled Brat From Suburban Detroit

Post by Honeyman » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:11 pm

Good man.....took some guts.

"Trump is guilty of an appalling abuse of public trust.”

“....was a flagrant assault on our electoral rights, our national security, and our fundamental values."

"Corrupting an election to keep oneself in office is perhaps the most abusive and destructive violation of one's oath of office that I can imagine.”
The censorship king from out of state.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:19 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:29 pm

Evidence of Romney's impeachable behavior.

https://www.nationalmemo.com/did-young- ... reloaded=1
Interesting publication, TC. Do you read that one often...or just when you were searching on dirt from 2012 like the article you quoted? Why am I guessing it is the latter?

Some other articles:

Trump’s Mediocre Economic Gains, In Three Graphs

How Right-Wing Media Spread Debunked Rumor Of Iowa ‘Fraud’

R Is For Republican — And Russian

Report: $22 Million In Dark Money Behind Kavanaugh Nomination
Last edited by Honeyman on Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:38 pm

If I thought Romney's vote was even remotely rooted in principle, I would disagree with it but would at least respect it. Here I don't think there's a shred of principle. Romney doesn't like Trump, has never liked Trump, and doesn't hide the fact that he doesn't like Trump. He knew he would get all kinds of praise and attention from the elites in the media by casting such a vote, and he's more than happy to carry on his feud.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:43 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:38 pm
If I thought Romney's vote was even remotely rooted in principle, I would disagree with it but would at least respect it. Here I don't think there's a shred of principle. Romney doesn't like Trump, has never liked Trump, and doesn't hide the fact that he doesn't like Trump. He knew he would get all kinds of praise and attention from the elites in the media by casting such a vote, and he's more than happy to carry on his feud.
So you don't respect people who act simply on their personal likes and dislikes on people......but you support Trump.

:lol

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:41 pm

If you watched Romney on TV , or - like me - first heard him on the radio while driving- and later saw the video - you can hear - and see and hear - the catch in his throat - and very long pause to regather his composure - when he says “My faith is at the heart of who I am.” And - that he took an oath before God to do impartial justice. The sure feeling within him that God was present - that God was with him - touched his heart and soul.

Only people blessed with the gift of faith - rather than the flap of pious jaws - spewing Bible verses while doing evil’s bidding - can relate to Romney and his rare, true, deep belief in God.

Most people will not be able to relate. It’s a true profile in courage. And because the truth is his shield - he won’t suffer one sleepless night. Despite all the loudmouth members of Trump’s cult, and the religious hypocrites.

Trump is guilty. All with brains know it. And all know conviction and removal was the just verdict. For the sake of the constitution. For the health of our democratic republic. Whether that just verdict happened, or not.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:53 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:38 pm
Didn't Romney also pretty much beg for Trump's support when he ran for President, when he was seeking the Sec of State position and when he ran for Senate? So much for his "principles"!!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:12 pm

km1125 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:53 pm

Didn't Romney also pretty much beg for Trump's support when he ran for President, when he was seeking the Sec of State position and when he ran for Senate? So much for his "principles"!!
II am not sure what your point is. He voted because he thought Trump was "guilty of an appalling abuse of public trust." But you believe he has to fall in line and goosestep behind his leader? We live in a democracy, as much as trump wants to change it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:24 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:12 pm
...We live in a democracy...
Uh...no we don't. We live in a representative republic. Big difference.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:30 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:24 pm
Honeyman wrote:
I stand corrected.

But in a representative republic, elected individuals represent the citizen body and exercise power according to the rule of law under a constitution which specifically talks about a separation of powers with an elected head of state.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:53 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:30 pm
bmw wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:24 pm
Honeyman wrote:
I stand corrected.

But in a representative republic, elected individuals represent the citizen body and exercise power according to the rule of law under a constitution which specifically talks about a separation of powers with an elected head of state.
It's funny you mention "separation of powers", as that is what one of the "charges" was based on. You can't have a "separation of powers" when some political group in Congress just wants to assert their "authority" over another branch of the government. The resolution to this should be to go to the third branch (judicial in this case) and see where they weigh in. The Democrats didn't want to do this, probably because they knew they would get slapped down hard by the SCOTUS. That's really where the "rule of law" rubber meets the road.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:12 pm

Mitt only voted on one article of Impeachment I have no problem with it I believe what he was saying. I'll always be a Mitt Romney supporter I know he'll never run for president again even know I believe he would've been a good president. Sean Hannity & Luara Ingraham want him to resign which both are wrong on that and I doubt that Luara will move to Utah just to vote Mitt out I think that is what she said last night since I don't watch either show I don't know.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:56 am

The Ingraham dame spouts evil thoughts and directives within her Trump White House propaganda during each of her shows. And almost always while displaying a cross of Jesus on a chain around her neck. Blatant hypocrisy. Nearly every night.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic