Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

2020 Presidential Polls

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: 2020 Presidential Polls

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:26 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:23 pm
It is OK to try and fail. Every person does this. But to try and fail for 47+ yrs.....is way over the top. Thus, there is NO comparison between Biden and Trump.
Honest question - do you think President Trump, based only on the way he acts publicly, is a good person/role model?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:37 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:31 pm
Trump is NOT a politician. He is a New York business man. During his time in New York, he has learned to be ruff and tough around the edges to get things done. THAT is why people voted for him, to include me. People are sick and tired of "polished political and professional LIARS".
I voted for the guy too and probably will again this year. I was flipping between him and Gary Johnson up until about two-tenths of a mile to my precinct. It doesn't get much more last minute than that. I get Trump's appeal, but I wish he would act more professionally. I'm really not sure his business acumen is exactly top notch...
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:54 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:16 pm
I worry about the closet Trumpers. The ones who don't answer polls and fly under the radar. Also, the polling numbers at the polling places are going to be higher for Trump. It's going to take several days for the AV to be counted, and probably 2/3's of Dems I know are voting AV. So Trump will have some leads in swing states the night of November 3rd. Then when the AV votes come in and he loses, he will say it's rigged. And most of the Trumpers are going to star in their own version of the Purge. Things are going to get bad.
This is likely to be a major problem. If the networks all show H*** Trump leads and don’t qualify that there are hundreds of thousands of outstanding ballots per state that may take days to count, any accusations of “Liberal Bias” would look awfully silly forever after.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:07 am

R Bedell wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:54 pm
As a said before, Trump is NOT a politician, and that is why I am voting for him. Biden on the other hand, is a washed up demented embarrassment.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:50 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:37 pm
R Bedell wrote:
Trump is NOT a politician. He is a New York business man. During his time in New York, he has learned to be ruff and tough around the edges to get things done. THAT is why people voted for him, to include me. People are sick and tired of "polished political and professional LIARS".
I voted for the guy too and probably will again this year. I was flipping between him and Gary Johnson up until about two-tenths of a mile to my precinct. It doesn't get much more last minute than that. I get Trump's appeal, but I wish he would act more professionally. I'm really not sure his business acumen is exactly top notch...
I couldn't do it. Clinton was a non-starter. Trump was a maybe or maybe not.

Trump is better then I expected.

I think a lot of people can't separate personality from policy.

Ever have an employee that was very good at there job but personally gruff?

OR the opposite, someone very nice but absolutely incompetent at their job?

Who would you hire, if had to do it all over again?
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:59 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:50 pm
Matt wrote:
R Bedell wrote:

I'd re-open the search as both would be problem employees for different reasons.

The issue with Trump is that if he wasn't so abrasive and divisive, his re-election would be heavily favored.

Having said that, it is sad to watch the hallowed remains of Joe Biden being used as a Trojan horse for the democrats.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:30 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:50 pm
Matt wrote:
R Bedell wrote:

Oh yeah, because a pissing match with China in trade did wonders. Even before COVID, GM and Ford were cracking.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:34 pm

Would you suggest we just bend over and take it from China?

Wait... don't answer that.
Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:20 pm

UP906 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:34 pm
Would you suggest we just bend over and take it from China?

Wait... don't answer that.
We still are. Trump is annoying the Chinese but not scaring them.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:24 pm

Scaring them while their companies make 10-20% more from their high prices due to our shitty trade deals?
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:07 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:24 pm
Scaring them while their companies make 10-20% more from their high prices due to our shitty trade deals?
Exactly... the idea that he’s somehow done anything to China is a joke. Our trade deficit is bigger than its been in a long time.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:18 am

RT avoid the poles!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:07 am

And it missed everybody... amazing.

September 4

USC Dornslife Tracking
General Election:
Biden 51 Trump 43 LV

Global Strategy Group / Navigator
General Election:
Biden 50 Trump 41 LV

PPP
Minnesota:
Biden 52 Trump 44 V

Trafalger Group
Florida:
Trump 49 Biden 46 LV

Hodas And Associates
Pennsylvania:
Biden 51 Trump 45 LV

Wisconsin:
Biden 52 Trump 44 LV

Michigan:
Biden 52 Trump 41 LV

Data For Progress
Texas:
Biden 48 Trump 45 LV

Morning Consult
Wisconsin:
Biden 52 Trump 42 LV

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:55 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:28 pm
September 5

Harvard-Harris
General Election:
Biden 53 Trump 47 LV

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:58 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:55 pm
R Bedell wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:28 pm
September 5

Harvard-Harris
General Election:
Biden 53 Trump 47 LV
If that poll is close to accurate, Trump wins.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic