Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fidel Castro dead...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Turkeytop

Re: Fidel Castro dead...

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:03 pm

Please draw the line between dislike and hate.
I dislike Chinese food.

I hate porridge. Refuse to allow it into in my mouth.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:36 am

audiophile wrote:
Turkeytop wrote:
audiophile wrote:Trudeau is a bad joke of a leader!l

No disagreement with you on that. Trudeau's fine words about Castro do nothing to mitigate his own pro-capitalist, anti-working class record, nor that of his old man.
Mr. Trudeau is the laughing stock of everyone right now:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/27/world/jus ... index.html

What a nutcase...
“You wouldn’t go to Pol Pot’s funeral,” Texas senator Ted Cruz told ABC’s This Week on Sunday. “You shouldn’t be doing what Obama and Trudeau are doing, celebrating Castro.” https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ ... aueulogies

Dat true!

TT when are you CDN's going to kick your namby-pamby "leader" to the curb?
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:35 am

audiophile wrote:TT when are you CDN's going to kick your namby-pamby "leader" to the curb?[/b][/color]
I hope we'll kick him to the curb in 2019, not because of this incident, but because he is an extreme right, pro-capitalist, anti-working class liberal. His fine words about Castro don't change that. I never thought I would defend him on anything, but I do on this one. But it still wont get him my vote.

Typical, spineless Liberal. In the face of criticism from the redneck elements in our country, he has done a flipflop. He has now announced that he will not attend the funeral. Coward.

Fidel Castro was an honorary pall bearer at the funeral of Trudeau Sr.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

jry

Post by jry » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:14 pm

For some reason they decided that now was the best time to announce his passing. Maybe because they feared that a Trump led US would do something bad? Anyways, his granddaughter told one of my guys, during his most recent visit there, that her Gampy died a bit ago. He's probably been dead for 2 years or more.
There's a reason why Barry from Indonesia didn't visit the tin pots, tin pot, during his last trip, there. There's also a reason why they announced that they cremated the absolute leader on Saturday. Nothing to show in a casket, unless Madame Tussauds could whip up a realistic example of him.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:03 pm

Not Much Of A Leader...

http://nypost.com/2016/11/27/inside-fid ... y-starved/

Lived in luxury while country starved...
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:30 am

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:28 am

From what I've heard, Fidel was a textbook narcissist. Guy claimed he invented the curve ball! :barf
Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:10 pm

BIRAN, Cuba — Not long after Fidel Castro’s new government began seizing farms and cattle ranches in a voracious expropriation campaign, his mother, Lina Ruz, looked out the window one day in 1960 and saw bearded soldiers in her orange groves.

She went outside to confront them with a rifle. They asked her to put the gun down and call her son. Castro had nationalized his own parents’ land.

Today the family’s former estate is a tidily groomed government historic site open to the public. It also serves as an unintentional monument to the economically ruinous changes Castro brought to rural Cuba, starting with the fiefdom of his immigrant father.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/th ... 0c27fe4a58
So TT do you support nationalization of land? Since you think so highly of Fidel - he even took it from his own mother!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic