Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Voting Irregularities

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Voting Irregularities

Post by screen glare » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:45 pm

Get rid of voting machines requiring electricity. Too easy for things to go wrong. Everyone should mark with a pen their paper ballot. Far fewer ways to change each voter's documented choice.

audiophile

Re: Voting Irregularities

Post by audiophile » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:52 pm

screen glare wrote:Get rid of voting machines requiring electricity. Too easy for things to go wrong. Everyone should mark with a pen their paper ballot. Far fewer ways to change each voter's documented choice.
But you would be killing trees! :hat
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:07 pm

audiophile wrote:
screen glare wrote:Get rid of voting machines requiring electricity. Too easy for things to go wrong. Everyone should mark with a pen their paper ballot. Far fewer ways to change each voter's documented choice.
Long live the trees! :lol

Seriously... let's go back to paper ballots that aren't secret... like the founders intended it...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:14 pm

In Canada we use paper ballots and a pencil The reverse side of the ballot is completely covered with black ink, to make it opaque.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:32 pm

NS8401 wrote:
audiophile wrote:

Seriously... let's go back to paper ballots that aren't secret... like the founders intended it...
I see nothing wrong with paper ballots that are marked with pen.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:39 pm

audiophile wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
audiophile wrote:

I see nothing wrong with paper ballots that are marked with pen.
Neither do I... but it saves paper and supposedly prevents meddling...

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:09 pm

Not sure if this fits the topic but my Lexington Kentucky daughter was turned away and not allowed to vote this morning because her name wasn't on the local precinct paper list. This despite State rolls showing she is registered at that precinct. She went at 6 am because she works 7 to 7 and the Kentucky polls are open 6 to 6. She called the State people from work and they said sorry it happened but there is nothing we can do. :rolleyes
I no longer directly engage trolls

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:12 pm

craig11152 wrote:Not sure if this fits the topic but my Lexington Kentucky daughter was turned away and not allowed to vote this morning because her name wasn't on the local precinct paper list. This despite State rolls showing she is registered at that precinct. She went at 6 am because she works 7 to 7 and the Kentucky polls are open 6 to 6. She called the State people from work and they said sorry it happened but there is nothing we can do. :rolleyes
Does Kentucky's library have a card catalog, or have they deemed that unnecessary for their three coloring books? :blink
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:13 pm

That stinks! They should have at least gave her a provisional ballot - pending outcome of name problem.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:00 am

audiophile wrote:That stinks! They should have at least gave her a provisional ballot - pending outcome of name problem.
Yes you are correct. She should have been given a provisional ballot but they did not offer her one and she was not aware enough to demand one.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic