Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Comey Clears Hillary

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Turkeytop

Comey Clears Hillary

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:54 pm

FBI director: new Hillary Clinton emails show no criminal wrongdoing

James Comey says surprise batch of emails discovered during Anthony Weiner investigation ‘have not changed conclusion’ of inquiry completed in July

The FBI has determined that a new batch of emails apparently related to Hillary Clinton’s private email server “have not changed our conclusion” that she committed no criminal wrongdoing, FBI director James Comey told congressional leaders in a letter on Sunday.

As campaigning continued ahead of Tuesday’s presidential election, a Clinton spokeswoman said the candidate was “glad this matter is resolved”. Clinton’s opponent, Donald Trump, did not immediately address the Comey letter as he spoke at campaign events.

On 28 October, only 11 days before the presidential election, Comey sent those leaders a letter informing them that agents had discovered emails “that appear pertinent” to the bureau’s months-long investigation into Clinton’s use of a private server while she was secretary of state.

The move, so close to an election, proved tremendously controversial. In July, Comey had announced that Clinton and her aides were “extremely careless” but that “no reasonable prosecutor” would bring a case against them.

Writing to Congress on Sunday, Comey said: “Since my letter, the FBI investigative team has been working around the clock to process and review a large volume of emails from a device obtained in connection with an unrelated criminal investigation.

“During that process, we reviewed all of the communications that were to or from Hillary Clinton while she was secretary of state.”

He concluded: “Based on our review, we have not changed our conclusions that we expressed in July with respect to Secretary Clinton. I am grateful to the professionals at the FBI for doing an extraordinary amount of high-quality work in a short period of time.”

Clinton was aboard her campaign plane when the news broke, as was the case with Comey’s first letter nine days ago. Jennifer Palmieri, a spokeswoman for the campaign, made a brief statement to reporters.

“We are glad to see that [Comey] has found, as we were confident he would, that he has confirmed the conclusions that he reached in July and we are glad that this matter is resolved.”

Aides could be seen huddling toward the front of the plane and reading from an iPad as reports of Comey’s letter came through. Palmieri was seen to enter Clinton’s cabin at very front, shielded by a curtain, moments before she spoke to the press.

Leaving the plane in Cleveland, roughly 30 minutes after Comey’s announcement, Clinton ignored a reporter’s question about whether she had seen the letter.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ames-comey

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Re: Comey Clears Hillary

Post by Bryce » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:13 pm

Just how the hell do you read and analize 650,000 e mails and verify if the information is classified, by the various three letter agencies that sent them, in eight days?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:39 pm

Bryce wrote:Just how the hell do you read and analize 650,000 e mails and verify if the information is classified, by the various three letter agencies that sent them, in eight days?
It was like 20,000 or something....

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:45 pm

Software employed that looks for key words over hundreds of thousands of documents, software that spots identical emails already cleared in first round of investigation, metadata indicating "to" and "from" identities.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:29 pm

MSNBC and CNN do not avoid mentioning the second Comey letter - once again exonerating Hillary - when it makes sense to do so in their 24/7 wall to wall coverage of this presidential election. I've seen it discussed both Monday and election day Tuesday.

Fox however seems to be avoiding any mention of the second letter in such a way that it's explicit re Hillary's exoneration. Both Monday and election day Tuesday I've not seen it mentioned - in an explanatory way - when it would be helpful for voters to understand what the second Comey letter concludes.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:45 pm

screen glare wrote:MSNBC and CNN do not avoid mentioning the second Comey letter - once again exonerating Hillary - when it makes sense to do so in their 24/7 wall to wall coverage of this presidential election. I've seen it discussed both Monday and election day Tuesday.

Fox however seems to be avoiding any mention of the second letter in such a way that it's explicit re Hillary's exoneration. Both Monday and election day Tuesday I've not seen it mentioned - in an explanatory way - when it would be helpful for voters to understand what the second Comey letter concludes.
Why depress your base?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic