Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bernie beat Hillary in Michigan...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Bernie beat Hillary in Michigan...

Post by audiophile » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:30 am

bmw wrote:
audiophile wrote:They aren't running anything worth a darn. Just half-bleeped Trump clip.
Yeah, if I hear Trump tell somebody to go *bleep* themselves one more time....

Seriously though, the Hillary campaign had so much Trump source material to pick from, I'm a little surprised they're not more creative with their ads here.
They claim Trump making occasional stupid statements will "hurt children", yet Clinton campaign is the one replaying it over and over.

And Matt right about WJC in the ogle office. What about the children hearing WJC lying to public and under oath "I didn't have sexual relations with that woman". What about not stepping down and getting impeached? Oh the children!

Hypocrites all of them...

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:37 am

Trump gave a midnight rally in Grand Rapids last night. I watched part of it on youtube - he actually seemed very Presidential and very on-message. And the place was PACKED.

That youtube video has received about 465,000 views over the past 10 hours.

Hillary gave a speech earlier in the day in Allendale. View count - 12,000.

Youtube is certainly not a scientific way of predicting anything, but you have to admit those are some strong numbers for Trump. He has a very dedicated core following.

Like/dislike numbers are interesting on the rally videos as well. Hillary's has 152 likes. Trump's? 18,727

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:45 am

Hillary: Too much YELLING!
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:10 am

audiophile wrote:
bmw wrote:
audiophile wrote:They aren't running anything worth a darn. Just half-bleeped Trump clip.
Yeah, if I hear Trump tell somebody to go *bleep* themselves one more time....

Seriously though, the Hillary campaign had so much Trump source material to pick from, I'm a little surprised they're not more creative with their ads here.
They claim Trump making occasional stupid statements will "hurt children", yet Clinton campaign is the one replaying it over and over.

And Matt right about WJC in the ogle office. What about the children hearing WJC lying to public and under oath "I didn't have sexual relations with that woman". What about not stepping down and getting impeached? Oh the children!

Hypocrites all of them...
What about all those singers swearing at Hillary rallies? Oh the children - and don't forget Hillary said you abort 'dem children until 36 weeks!

Hillary AD: Oh the children!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:49 am

bmw wrote:Trump gave a midnight rally in Grand Rapids last night. I watched part of it on youtube - he actually seemed very Presidential and very on-message. And the place was PACKED.

Youtube is certainly not a scientific way of predicting anything, but you have to admit those are some strong numbers for Trump. He has a very dedicated core following.

Like/dislike numbers are interesting on the rally videos as well. Hillary's has 152 likes. Trump's? 18,727
He seemed presidential because they took his twitter away and forced him to use a TelePrompTer... he wasn't doing that in his own. He was very tightly controlled.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:26 pm

bmw wrote:Trump gave a midnight rally in Grand Rapids last night. I watched part of it on youtube - he actually seemed very Presidential and very on-message. And the place was PACKED.

Electoral-vote.com had a H*** swing in Trump's favor today. Hillary is only at 288. They have Florida and Nevada as ties. They are predicting she wins both, but you can tell they are clearly hedging. I'm still predicting a loss for the country/Hillary win, but I definitely see that conditions exist for a Trump win.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:26 pm

Electoral-vote.com had a H*** swing in Trump's favor today. Hillary is only at 288. They have Florida and Nevada as ties. They are predicting she wins both, but you can tell they are clearly hedging. I'm still predicting a loss for the country/Hillary win, but I definitely see that conditions exist for a Trump win.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:41 pm

Matt wrote:

They hedged because those SurveyMonkey polls were done online and they hope NBC supervised them well enough that the results were close to some sort of reality. The evidence for Nevada and North Carolina points in Hillary's favor right now. The whole thing hinges on SurveyMonkey being right.

I just waited in line with my fiancée for 2 hours 20 minutes to vote in Novi. Turnout is up and early polls show "strong leader" as the big trait this time around that people want... could be good news for The Donald...

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:45 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Matt wrote:

They hedged because those SurveyMonkey polls were done online and they hope NBC supervised them well enough that the results were close to some sort of reality. The evidence for Nevada and North Carolina points in Hillary's favor right now. The whole thing hinges on SurveyMonkey being right.

I just waited in line with my fiancée for 2 hours 20 minutes to vote in Novi. Turnout is up and early polls show "strong leader" as the big trait this time around that people want... could be good news for The Donald...
My biggest concern is that the methodology for sampling the actual electorate was not accurate. We will soon know!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:50 pm

Matt wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
Matt wrote:

My biggest concern is that the methodology for sampling the actual electorate was not accurate. We will soon know!
I'm beginning to be concerned about that and that's partly because Israel and Brexit were polled one way and turned out another and it wasn't close... maybe the death of polling?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:52 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Matt wrote:

Voting twice for Donald? :blink

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:56 pm

audiophile wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
Matt wrote:

Voting twice for Donald? :blink
Why of course :blink

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic