Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I voted thread

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: I voted thread

Post by Matt » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:21 pm

bmw wrote:EDIT - as to the original post here, I plan on voting on election day. I remember back in 2008 when I voted for McCain I was voter #666.
Its unfortunate that your voter number became the country's outcome that day. :lol

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:06 pm

Matt wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
Matt wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
audiophile wrote:
NS8401 wrote: ....I voted straight Democrat on my absentee ballot...
:barf

What, not enough time to fill in individual ones?
:red
Didn't feel like it... I wanted to play a stereotypical old frail Republican... :blink
Actually it is lazy Democrats that use that option, and really, you had an absentee ballot, so there was no reason for you to be that lazy.
Both groups are lazy and they all use that option.
What made you decide that Justin Burns was the right choice for Board of Governors at Wayne State?
Irrelevant offices are... irrelevant...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:53 am

NS8401 wrote:
Matt wrote: What made you decide that Justin Burns was the right choice for Board of Governors at Wayne State?
Irrelevant offices are... irrelevant...
Wow, just wow...
Last edited by audiophile on Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:41 am

audiophile wrote:Wow, just wow...
Typical Democrat voter response...

Oh NS, you didn't vote for Justin Burns. He's a Libertarian candidate for MSU's Board of Trustees. Maybe you should take bmw's advice and not vote on races you have no clue about.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:01 am

I'm so flabbergasted, I don't know what say, except that you proved this is really sad...
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:54 am

audiophile wrote:I'm so flabbergasted, I don't know what say, except that you proved this is really sad...
You can't possibly think trustee is a hotly studied race?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:06 am

I'm not concerned about how hotly contested it was, I'm more concerned about the lack of knowledge of what voters are voting for.

It's one thing to say I don't have enough information to make a decision on one candidate and not vote on certain race, but it another to wholesale vote based the (R) or (D).

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:18 pm

audiophile wrote:I'm not concerned about how hotly contested it was, I'm more concerned about the lack of knowledge of what voters are voting for.

It's one thing to say I don't have enough information to make a decision on one candidate and not vote on certain race, but it another to wholesale vote based the (R) or (D).
Perhaps... but just the same I would have manually guessed otherwise... I refuse to leave a box blank.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:03 pm

I skip ones I do not have any information on. You're voting blindly otherwise.

I have voted for every party at some point, except green.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:10 pm

So basically NS has admitted that the only reason he voted for Hillary is because she has a (D) next to her name, and that the only reason he voted straight-ticket is because he was too lazy to do otherwise.

Congrats, NS. You've managed to prove that you are the stereotypical democrat.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:18 pm

bmw wrote:So basically NS has admitted that the only reason he voted for Hillary is because she has a (D) next to her name, and that the only reason he voted straight-ticket is because he was too lazy to do otherwise.

So Republicans don't go straight ticket?

Get some ideas and attitudes I can get behind and I'll consider you guys... presently your platform stinks...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:28 pm

Yet you voted people you have no clue about?

No, your platform REALLY stinks!

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:51 pm

There are a number of things I won't be voting for on my ballot. I myself and I am sure most other voters have NO idea about these: MEMBER OF THE STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION, REGENT OF THE UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN, TRUSTEE OF MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY, GOVERNOR OF WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY, among other things.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:57 pm

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:27 am

bmw wrote:So basically NS has admitted that the only reason he voted for Hillary is because she has a (D) next to her name, and that the only reason he voted straight-ticket is because he was too lazy to do otherwise.

Keep in mind, he had an absentee ballot too! He could have taken his time and looked into everything.
NS8401 wrote:
audiophile wrote:I'm not concerned about how hotly contested it was, I'm more concerned about the lack of knowledge of what voters are voting for.

Perhaps... but just the same I would have manually guessed otherwise... I refuse to leave a box blank.
I'm not voting for either of my Ann Arbor City races. Christopher Taylor is a terrible mayor and Graydon Krapohl is a Taylor yes-man. They are the only options in my ward. At least the fifth ward has a chance to defeat a Taylor lackey.

I'm undecided about voting for Washtenaw County Sheriff and still need to do some research. Jerry Clayton is running for his third term and I voted for him the first two times. This year, his Republican challenger actually has law enforcement experience and is promising to go after the area's heroin problem. The issue I have with him is he flamed out as UM Police Chief and opened a sports memorabilia shop. He's also circulated rumors that Clayton doesn't intend to serve a full third term.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic