Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I Might Be Able To Vote For Trump...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

I Might Be Able To Vote For Trump...

Post by Bryce » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:05 pm

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Re: I Might Be Able To Vote For Trump...

Post by audiophile » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:22 pm

I don't see how that helps his weak conservative credentials.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:26 pm

Forever and always #NeverTrump
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:26 pm

Here's the way I look at it...

On social and economic issues, it's a toss up between T Rump and HilLIEry.

On being able to present oneself as being less than an ass, HilLIEry has a slight edge.

Now, when it comes to issues involving Iran, Putin and the old Soviet Block, China, North Korea as well as global and domestic terrorism, along with fixing the absolute disaster that has been made of our military, I can think of no one I would rather have running things than Gen. Michael T. Flynn. (this is high praise from me. I know a lot about him and he's a Democrat)

Like it or not, military issues, both domestic and foreign, along with terrorism, will probably be more important than domestic issues during the next four years.

If T Rump can stop presenting himself as a buffoon and picks Gen. Flynn as a running mate, he may just stand a chance with me.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:47 pm

Bryce wrote:Here's the way I look at it...

On social and economic issues, it's a toss up between T Rump and HilLIEry.

On being able to present oneself as being less than an ass, HilLIEry has a slight edge.

Now, when it comes to issues involving Iran, Putin and the old Soviet Block, China, North Korea as well as global and domestic terrorism, along with fixing the absolute disaster that has been made of our military, I can think of no one I would rather have running things than Gen. Michael T. Flynn. (this is high praise from me. I know a lot about him and he's a Democrat)

Like it or not, military issues, both domestic and foreign, along with terrorism, will probably be more important than domestic issues during the next four years.

If T Rump can stop presenting himself as a buffoon and picks Gen. Flynn as a running mate, he may just stand a chance with me.
Flynn is an unknown and VP candidates rarely move the needle overall. Besides... It's been said that the vice presidency "isn't worth a bucket of warm piss"... Expecting him to "run things" is a stretch...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:52 pm

NS8401 wrote: "isn't worth a bucket of warm piss"... .
Well, that certainly defines Joe Biden.

This missive wasn't meant to be taken as my view of how it may or may not affect the T Rump campaign in the mind of others. Just mine.

T Rump is used to getting advice and following it from people based on their strengths. I'm sure the General would have a bunch of input when it came to matters that were in his wheelhouse and not T Rumps. Even with an old prostate, I'd sleep better at night.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:06 pm

You can convince yourself manure is good too. Its great fertilizer, you might get used to the smell.
But its still shit.

In the past few weeks I've noticed the Washington Post's political staff is a schill for Trump. For every positive story they do on Trump every single other media source has the opposite reporting, including Fox News.
Which is odd considering Jeff Bezos' recent pissing match with Trump.

Posties like Ed O'Keefe and David Weigel have been writing stories and showing up on cable news acting like they're world class political gurus. When they actually sound like Trump campaign surrogates and they're probably counting the days to their next fully comped weekend at a Trump resort.

If you wanna convince yourself Trump is voteable just because he picks a carrer military man.
Go ahead.
Then make sure you're willing to trash your conservative credentials voting for a guy who (and his family) gave thousands in donations to Clinton and her campaigns for years.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:11 pm

JackAttack FM wrote:You can convince yourself manure is good too. Its great fertilizer, you might get used to the smell.
But its still shit.

In the past few weeks I've noticed the Washington Post's political staff is a schill for Trump. For every positive story they do on Trump every single other media source has the opposite reporting, including Fox News.
Which is odd considering Jeff Bezos' recent pissing match with Trump.

Posties like Ed O'Keefe and David Weigel have been writing stories and showing up on cable news acting like they're world class political gurus. When they actually sound like Trump campaign surrogates and they're probably counting the days to their next fully comped weekend at a Trump resort.

If you wanna convince yourself Trump is voteable just because he picks a carrer military man.
Go ahead.
Then make sure you're willing to trash your conservative credentials voting for a guy who (and his family) gave thousands in donations to Clinton and her campaigns for years.
Well, there are different types of shit. Some smells worse than others.
I keep asking myself, "Would I rather have HilLIEry?"

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:38 pm

Bryce wrote:...I keep asking myself, "Would I rather have HilLIEry?"
The Never Trump people will continue to throw their temper tantrum over Trump becoming the nominee, but when push comes to shove and election day arrives, I still believe that most of them will vote for Trump because they so despise Hillary, even if it means getting blackout drunk before going to the polls.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:40 pm

bmw wrote:
Bryce wrote:...I keep asking myself, "Would I rather have HilLIEry?"
The Never Trump people will continue to throw their temper tantrum over Trump becoming the nominee, but when push comes to shove and election day arrives, I still believe that most of them will vote for Trump because they so despise Hillary, even if it means getting blackout drunk before going to the polls.
And still losing... I still think it's all a big con by Trump...

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:45 pm

JackAttack FM wrote:*deleted*
I read your response before you deleted it.

You're now on my blocked list. Speaking of which, this is the first time in my 10+ years on these forums I've ever blocked anybody.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:54 pm

bmw wrote:

You're now on my blocked list. Speaking of which, this is the first time in my 10+ years on these forums I've ever blocked anybody.
What did he say?

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:05 am

NS8401 wrote:What did he say?
It was unclear whether the comment was directed at me or at Trump - but given the context of the response (as well as the fact that he immediately deleted it - if he were saying it about Trump he wouldn't have deleted it) it appeared to be directed at me. It wasn't as much offensive as it was just a completely uncalled for childish remark - one which suggested there is no point in me ever again engaging him in any kind of political debate.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:12 am

NS8401 wrote:And still losing... I still think it's all a big con by Trump...
By con, are you suggesting you think he might still drop out before election day?

I'd be curious to know how much better his poll numbers would be if the never Trump republicans supported him. I suspect it'd be an even race.

As to the original topic - I think going with a general is a VERY risky move. I know I'm comparing apples to oranges here - but look what happened when McCain went with a wild card pick. It didn't end well for republicans. That said, it would be an interesting choice.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:17 am

bmw wrote:

A person reacted in a similar way once, when I very quickly deleted one of my own posts. But when I explained that the reason I deleted it was because I was ashamed of it and shouldn't have posted it in the first place, the person was able to forgive me.

After that, although our political views were at polar opposite ends of the spectrum, we were able to engage in respectful discussion.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic