Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 29 at 11:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bernie Can't Answer Questions

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:10 am

Despite picking up 10 more delegates than Hillary last night, the big story was also Bernie inability to answer detailed questions:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/po ... interview/

Clearly he is more knowledgeable than Trump on governmental affairs, but lacks it business sense and fiscal sense.

The one with intellect in this race Cruz. At 44 the guy is way smarter than his age.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Re: Bernie Can't Answer Questions

Post by Bryce » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:14 am

He doesn't have to answer questions. His base, young people who have been over indulged by their parents, is looking for a president that will do the same thing.

Bring on the free stuff.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:32 am

True.

Bernie is Hugo Chavez lite.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:10 am

audiophile wrote:Despite picking up 10 more delegates than Hillary last night, the big story was also Bernie inability to answer detailed questions:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/po ... interview/

Clearly he is more knowledgeable than Trump on governmental affairs, but lacks it business sense and fiscal sense.

The one with intellect in this race Cruz. At 44 the guy is way smarter than his age.
Cruz is smart to a point but he is using a lot of Nixon like tricks and he has the tendency to start saying and thinking whatever he thinks he can get past people. A couple days ago he called on the RNC to remove Kasich from the ballot in the remaining states since he can't win the nomination outright at this point. For starters the RNC cannot do that but to Cruz's supporters it sounds like a good idea so he said it anyway. Maybe he just doesn't care that this ain't possible?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:12 am

I'm not an expert on that, but do you have an article that says that's impossible for RNC?

jry

Post by jry » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:02 am

Yeah, the "Free Crap" people do not care about answers or details. They just want free crap.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:14 am

I agree...

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:20 am

audiophile wrote:I'm not an expert on that, but do you have an article that says that's impossible for RNC?
Candidates submit petitions to state election boards to get on the ballot. The RNC has nothing to do with who is on the ballot in what state.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:54 pm

"He's just a nice old man with (white hair) like my mother says."

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:59 pm

JackAttack FM wrote:"He's just a nice old man with (white hair) like my mother says."
"Better than a certain mid 40's slimeball my mother says will irrevocably alter the trajectory of the USA for the worse"

jry

Post by jry » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:38 pm

[quote="JackAttack FM"]"[i]He's just a nice old man with (white hair) like my mother says.[/i]"[/quote]

AND, he can point his finger in a really cool way to emphasize the points he makes. Like during every word in every sentence.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:14 pm

And yet young foolish voters would vote for him.

Doesn't really matter about "government experience". The people who are in office are totally out of touch with real people. That's why they can't function doing the simplest tasks that we do every day. And yet, they are arrogant enough to believe they know everything.

And people really don't become more intelligent with age after about age 16. They just get more experience. And if they are reasonably intelligent, experience shows them that nothing is really "free". I knew that when I was seven years old. Taxpayers pay it, or they print more and more money which becomes progressively worthless, with no value added to back it up.
Last edited by Ben Zonia on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:15 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:

Doesn't really matter about "government experience". The people who are in office are totally out of touch with real people. That's why they can't function doing the simplest tasks that we do every day. And yet, they are arrogant enough to believe they know everything.

And people really don't become more intelligent with age after about age 16. They just get more experience. And if they are reasonably intelligent, experience shows them that nothing is really "free". I knew that when I was seven years old. Taxpayers pay it, or they print money which becomes progressively worthless.
The brain stops growing and reaches full maturity at 24 so 16 is not some barrier to getting smarter...

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:28 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Ben Zonia wrote:

And people really don't become more intelligent with age after about age 16. They just get more experience. And if they are reasonably intelligent, experience shows them that nothing is really "free". I knew that when I was seven years old. Taxpayers pay it, or they print money which becomes progressively worthless.
The brain stops growing and reaches full maturity at 24 so 16 is not some barrier to getting smarter...
An IQ of 100 (average) corresponds to a mental age of 16. IQ is statistically distributed, like just about everything else. You may get more ACHIEVEMENT mastering certain skills, and get better at taking tests, but you are no more intelligent. You certainly can MEMORIZE more things between 16 and 24, and learn the meaning of more words, but you are no more intelligent.

Yes, IQ has fallen out of favor, and achievement tests have become favored, but now education is more about what you are taught to think, than in mastering the ability to think on your own. You can certainly design a test where political thought is tested, rather than intelligence, and say that the wrong political views mean you are less intelligent. U of M designed such a test in the late 1960s. It even had a pseudo IQ labelled "Intellectual Quality", which was really testing political alignment with academic thought.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:22 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
Ben Zonia wrote:

An IQ of 100 (average) corresponds to a mental age of 16. IQ is statistically distributed, like just about everything else. You may get more ACHIEVEMENT mastering certain skills, and get better at taking tests, but you are no more intelligent. You certainly can MEMORIZE more things between 16 and 24, and learn the meaning of more words, but you are no more intelligent.

Yes, IQ has fallen out of favor, and achievement tests have become favored, but now education is more about what you are taught to think, than in mastering the ability to think on your own. You can certainly design a test where political thought is tested, rather than intelligence, and say that the wrong political views mean you are less intelligent. U of M designed such a test in the late 1960s. It even had a pseudo IQ labelled "Intellectual Quality", which was really testing political alignment with academic thought.
What then if your IQ is higher or lower than 100? Did you stop either after (higher) or before (lower) than 16?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic