Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I tested positive for Covid today

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: I tested positive for Covid today

Post by Rate This » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:21 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:13 pm
bmw wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:59 am
Update:

Some day when I'm feeling better I will do a careful re-evaluation of my political views on this topic. I'm not sure what will change and what won't, but I'll post here when that day comes.

Also update on my mom. She's on her 3rd day in the hospital. She's in excellent hands there and I've gotten to talk to her a few minutes a day over the phone each day. I think she's going to pull through it. I think they got her condition stabilized in the nick of time. I think even another half day of us waiting to take her could have been fatal.

If I have one bit of advice to anybody who is fighting Covid - KEEP YOURSELF HYDRATED! i can't begin to stress how important it is to not let yourself start becoming dehydrated because that is when bad things start to happen.
I'm glad to hear things are looking up! I will say that I don't believe that covid views should be political, but I will be interested to hear if your views have changed.
I would be very interested to know if he had to do it all over again for the *chance* to not go through it like he is if he would get the jab?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:29 pm

Best wishes to your mom and yourself, bmw, as both of you work to recover.

Apologies for taking so long to post; I've not been reading this forum as frequently as usual and somehow missed this thread until now.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:37 pm

Update: Altogether my Covid lasted about 11 days. Fever had broke on Day 10, came back a bit Day 11, and since then has been gone. I still have some pretty nasty lingering effects like sinus congestion and literally ZERO smell (though oddly enough my taste is close to normal), but I'm gradually resuming normal life. Each day I continue to get a bit better, though today was a bit of a setback insofar as I once again didn't feel like doing much of anything. I believe my mom to be mostly over the Covid. She now has an unknown length road ahead recovering. Still on supplemental oxygen though this morning her numbers were up a bit which is good.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:41 pm

Great news!
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:30 pm

Good to hear.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:55 am

BMW is a small business owner.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:29 pm

Reagan4prez wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:11 am
While I’m glad to see the civility in tone with the interactions with bmw, I’m also disappointed that in other threads these same people are trashing “anti-vaxxers.”

Here’s a tip, bmw and all other people who have made a voluntary decision not to get vaccinated deserve respect and not to be fired or treated like second class citizens.

That’s all.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic