Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 29 at 11:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Republicans: Controlling Your Life

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Republicans: Controlling Your Life

Post by bmw » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:06 pm

Most Republicans are ethically pro-life and believe that life starts at conception. As such, they believe in protecting the life of the unborn and further believe that the right of the unborn to be born outweighs the right of the woman to abort said life. The key disagreement between the 2 sides is not over women's rights vs. the rights of the unborn, but rather over when life begins. This is a key difference of opinion that will likely never be resolved in my lifetime.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:09 pm

The federal law is clear. Anything else is opinions.

I disagree with your opinion because it is not based on legitimate science.

Have you even read the Texas law? It basically endorses vigilantism because they can't control women any other way.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:34 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:09 pm
The federal law is clear. Anything else is opinions.

I disagree with your opinion because it is not based on legitimate science.

Have you even read the Texas law? It basically endorses vigilantism because they can't control women any other way.
I didn't state an opinion, either on abortion or on the Texas law. So I'm unclear as to which opinion of mine it is which you disagree.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:13 pm

This might explain some of TCT's' asshatery:
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:08 am
My daughter works for Planned Parenthood...
A heartbeat is REAL science.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:19 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:13 pm
This might explain some of TCT's' asshatery:
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:08 am
My daughter works for Planned Parenthood...
A heartbeat is REAL science.
As are genes and DNA, but those folks don't understand that.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:12 pm

And we are a nation of laws, and surprise, we are free from having zealots force their beliefs on all of us.

Speaking of PP, do you know how much harassment they put up with from the weirdos who like to march are with photos of a blob of cells?

What's with that?
― Matt

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:18 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:12 pm
And we are a nation of laws, and surprise, we are free from having zealots force their beliefs on all of us.
This statement is so freaking laughable coming from you of all people considering how you cheer-led and supported every last one of Governor Whitmer's 100+ executive orders that ultimately got overturned by a court because she was using power she didn't have. When I raised issues early on (before her EO's were overturned) suggesting that this wasn't how government was supposed to work, you called my concerns "crocodile tears."

We are a nation of laws when it suits your beliefs. When it doesn't, you're perfectly ok with a dictator running the show.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:59 am

BMW, nailed it, 100%!

TCT forgot to update his talking points. Democrat Neanderthal! LOL

Democrats have abandoned their 'my body, my choice' argument'
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:18 am

audiophile wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:59 am
BMW, nailed it, 100%!
Thanks. I'm just tiring of him playing both sides of the "rule of law" fence depending on when it suits his beliefs. I try to at least be consistent. I believe that any powers not explicitly granted to the federal government are left to the states or to individuals. And when it comes to those remaining powers, I defer to the individual unless there is a compelling argument for the state or for local government to regulate.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:46 am

I am glad that SCOTUS refused to stop it because this needs to run through the lower courts first and then SCOTUS can hear it. I am not a fan of abortion except in certain cases but having said that it needs to be available in clean medical surroundings. The Texas "law" is wrong on all counts.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:38 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:18 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:12 pm
This statement is so freaking laughable coming from you of all people considering how you cheer-led and supported every last one of Governor Whitmer's 100+ executive orders that ultimately got overturned by a court because she was using power she didn't have. When I raised issues early on (before her EO's were overturned) suggesting that this wasn't how government was supposed to work, you called my concerns "crocodile tears."

We are a nation of laws when it suits your beliefs. When it doesn't, you're perfectly ok with a dictator running the show.
Explain to me Roe vs Wade. Not your opinion, what the ruling means to Americans.
― Matt

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic