Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

TC Talks - what do you have against white people?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Re: TC Talks - what do you have against white people?

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:55 pm

TC Talks has a lot more to feel guilty about. So I guess he's entitled to feel that way. The rest of us have struggled in some way, and resent people who call us privileged. We studied hard, avoided drugs and alcohol, didn't gamble, and didn't have sex with every woman or man who looked at us crosseyed. We ended up with a degree and/or skill that allows us to make a living. Yet I know some affluent lolligaggers who were basically given degrees and jobs, and political positions, who lord it over the rest of us. They are the post turtles.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:17 pm

Whatever snowflake
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:32 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:08 pm
TCT is still calling people with different political opinions racists. Is it time to cancel TCT?
He is very polarizing, and I believe he does it to jerk peoples chains as some sort of test-bed for his clientele.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:26 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:32 pm
Matt wrote:
TCT is still calling people with different political opinions racists. Is it time to cancel TCT?
He is very polarizing, and I believe he does it to jerk peoples chains as some sort of test-bed for his clientele.
test-bed? Expand, sounds like I am missing out of valuable research.
― Matt

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:12 pm

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:53 pm

Besides other obvious advantages like networking, and the pure knowledge you gain from a well-rounded education, a college degree establishes a certain amount of credibility.

I know a lot of people without college education who can do one or two things very very well. They're called tradesman. But without some of the other skills you learn while at college very few people gain all of those skills with a GED.

When directing a society towards betterment, education always leads to more prosperity, and generally a happier society.

There's a reason why education and happiness parallel each other when studied. There's also a reason why the jails are filled with people who lack education.
― Matt

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:36 pm

Some of the most angry people I have ever met are college grads.

Very entitled, proud, strong headed and couldn't see the big picture.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:32 pm

Black Activist Louis Lomax, in 1968, said "It's not that Richard Nixon doesn't like Black people, it's that Richard Nixon doesn't like people".

Maybe TC Talks' problem is like Richard Nixon's, he doesn't like people.
Last edited by TC Shuts Up on Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:02 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:32 pm
Matt wrote:
Ya know, I've often thought ole Marxist Talks purposefully pokes me just to see how a moderately intelligent, old, white CONSERVATIVE will respond to his communist claptrap.

You may be on to something
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

jadednihilist

Post by jadednihilist » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:05 pm

People of color see through the bullshit. Being educated and attending implicit bias trainings has little effective impact in the reduction of racial disparities. If it's easy to pick on the "uneducated" or "southern culture," that's mostly your elitism and classism showing - which is another unacceptable form of discrimination and a view that is distorted from reality.

Among the whitest institutions in our country include academia and government. Our "elite" universities have no more racial diversity today than they have had 30 to 40 years ago, but that hasn't gotten them off our their high horse and pounding their chests. The lack of progress is not an accident. It comes from a lack of humility, snobbery, and an overemphasis on symbolism rather than results.

For this reason alone, having a college degree doesn't grant any additional moral high ground without a willingness to take a critical look inward, identify and acknowledge your faults, and work to grow from them. As many have noted in this thread, having a degree doesn't make you a better thinker; it only makes you more specialized in a subset of knowledge. In many cases, a college education can reinforce certain biases and make you that much more close-minded. You don't need a college education to have an open mind, challenge your world view, and be willing to listen to people - especially those who with whom you disagree.

We all have serious flaws. Elitism is both a flaw and a product of easily disprovable logical fallacies. It's also a major barrier to reducing the negative impacts of racism since it ignores the greatest perpetuators of racism -- the elites.
I'm here for a good, hearty debate, to agree and disagree respectfully, and commiserate on the current state of terrestrial radio.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:47 am

Well stated!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:42 am

jadednihilist wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:05 pm
People of color see through the bullshit. Being educated and attending implicit bias trainings has little effective impact in the reduction of racial disparities. If it's easy to pick on the "uneducated" or "southern culture," that's mostly your elitism and classism showing - which is another unacceptable form of discrimination and a view that is distorted from reality.
So you're a conservative white person representing the interests of people of color?

Do you have any evidence to support your perspective? I can offer you the BLM movement to refute pretty much anything you might offer.
― Matt

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:48 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:32 pm
Black Activist Louis Lomax, in 1968, said "It's not that Richard Nixon doesn't like Black people, it's that Richard Nixon doesn't like people".

Maybe TC Talks' problem is like Richard Nixon's, he doesn't like people.
You know, it almost seems like you and audiophile are related. It makes me wonder if Audiophile's Dad was an engineer.

That would be interesting, because you really don't need an education if Daddy just hands you the keys to a business. I see that happen a lot in Rural America.

I don't think it's likely, with all the conspiracy theories you got rolling around in your head I just don't see how someone could come out to be as capable as audiophile, but it's an interesting thought.
― Matt

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:09 am

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:42 am
jadednihilist wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:05 pm
So you're a conservative white person representing the interests of people of color?

Do you have any evidence to support your perspective? I can offer you the BLM movement to refute pretty much anything you might offer.
Who ever said the guy was a conservative white person?

You called me a conservative once too... so is anybody that thinks differently than you automatically a conservative?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:16 am

My dad worked in a foundry for 37+ years as a laborer.

I'm not related to anyone on this board that I'm aware of...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic