Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Has God Spoken?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Has God Spoken?

Post by Rate This » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:28 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:45 pm
TCT your comments are laughable.

You are the one that tried to mix religion and politics by starting this thread! Hello!

I would never dream about starting a thread like this, because I can only point to pasts events as a reference, anyone that claims to speak with the authority of God in the present sense, like you do in this thread, is way out of line.

As soon as I rebut you presumptions of God's will and that the teaching of your church is in that line of thinking (IE no one has freewill) you personally attack me. There is no explanation that would cause someone to write a thread like this other than one that believes in predestination theology, hence the reason I took you on so firmly on that specific point.

By the way, Jesus and the disciples studied the old testament. And bragging about good works, only short-circuits them, best to say nothing. /1

/1 "Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven." Matthew 6:1
The Bible is such a contradictory and convoluted book. The largest component of Christianity holds that sort of thing as one of its core tenets. It’s a little hard to do good works without being seen...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:46 am

For example, one could put a bag of groceries on the steps of someone in need, and put a note in the bag that it is given in the name of the Lord.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:32 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:46 am
For example, one could put a bag of groceries on the steps of someone in need, and put a note in the bag that it is given in the name of the Lord.
and one can also fight hate and Injustice wrapped up in a douchebag like Mike Pence. Somebody seems to be confusing pride with righteousness.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:01 am

Since you didn't refute anything I wrote above in my 8:45 post, lets expand on this free will discussion and the fact we have choice:

https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical ... free-will/

The choice is between good and evil.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:55 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:45 pm
TCT your comments are laughable.

You are the one that tried to mix religion and politics by starting this thread! Hello!

I would never dream about starting a thread like this, because I can only point to pasts events as a reference, anyone that claims to speak with the authority of God in the present sense, like you do in this thread, is way out of line.

As soon as I rebut you presumptions of God's will and that the teaching of your church is in that line of thinking (IE no one has freewill) you personally attack me. There is no explanation that would cause someone to write a thread like this other than one that believes in predestination theology, hence the reason I took you on so firmly on that specific point.

By the way, Jesus and the disciples studied the old testament. And bragging about good works, only short-circuits them, best to say nothing. /1

/1 "Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven." Matthew 6:1
It's interesting you bring this passage up. I was just quoting Matthew 6:1-6 in regards to the video of pious Trumpers who were wailing, praying, and speaking in tongues late last week in front of the Clark County Nevada Clerk's office.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic