Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 29 at 11:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What will it take for people to stop supporting Trump?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Re: What will it take for people to stop supporting Trump?

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:33 pm

I could see them running Elizabeth Warren or Corey Booker.

Along your lines beemer, I read an article saying Jon Stewart should run. He'd be a great choice, though he never would.

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:47 pm

I think Jon Stewart would make an interesting VP pick, but I couldn't see him at the top of a ticket. I think someone like Cuban would have appeal to moderates and Oprah would help with the base of the party.

Or maybe Stewart as your WH Spokesperson?

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:19 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:42 pm
I agree the Dems can't run Biden, however, I wouldn't vouch for "anyone".....who do they have? Kamala? Gavin Newsom? Bernie?!? They're fucked. Only chance they have to win is if the GOP sticks with Donny.
Let me throw this out.
Gabbard or maybe Buttigieg.
(user ducks from flying fruit).
Some young people. Maybe Yang. Set aside how you personally feel about them, and just focus on the chances for a couple of people under 50 as running mates.

I just can't shag the feeling the Democrats should shy away from anyone old enough to have grandkids. I've always felt Obama won his first term because he was a good looking young man running against an old man.
(I know that's mean but I'm just saying how I see it).

Of course Harris hasn't a chance. Holey Moley. There is no way they will nominate her. I highly doubt she even tries. I think even she knows better.

Like I said. Tulsi Gabbard. Don't discount her just because she's on Fox all the time. Unlike the "don't give an inch" mentality of others in her party, she's not afraid to appease the other side just a little bit. Just enough to maybe grab some low hanging fruit on the other side.

I'm undecided on Newsom's chances to be honest. I'm just not that familiar with him.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:24 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:47 pm
... Oprah would help with the base of the party ....
I just don't see her wanting to be an elected official. Of course she will campaign and speak for whoever the nominee is.
But her heart's not into running for any office.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic