Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Biden lights $1.9T on fire, refuses to answer questions

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Biden lights $1.9T on fire, refuses to answer questions

Post by bmw » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:26 am

...he has a 60% approval rating and just got an overwhelmingly popular bill (near 80% support) through congress...
And THAT is what scares me. I expect Democrat politicians to spend money like drunken sailors whenever the opportunity arises - this is nothing new. A year ago they never could have dreamed that a crisis opportunity such as Covid could arise and give them an excuse to spend $1 trillion dollars after another after another after another. What bothers me and genuinely worries me about the future of this country is the percentage of Americans that voted these clowns into office and that support this kind of unrestricted spending.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:39 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:13 am
Matt wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:59 am
Rate This wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:23 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:07 pm
That speech sucked: https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/03/11 ... ch-n341864

July 4 - small groups? Go fuck yourself.
Conservatives are being driven batshit crazy because they cannot pin anything on Biden. The desperation is fantastic to watch. Bravo.

We aren’t just throwing the doors wide open. Too bad. It’ll come back slow and steady.

Outrage at petty little things has become the MO. Just as well. There isn’t one single idea to do anything to govern coming from the right anymore. It’s all obnoxious anger. Yawn.
It's almost like the last four years didn't happen. This is incredible. Biden clearly has no business being in office.
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:20 am
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:

Conservatives are being driven batshit crazy because they cannot pin anything on Biden. The desperation is fantastic to watch. Bravo.

We aren’t just throwing the doors wide open. Too bad. It’ll come back slow and steady.

Outrage at petty little things has become the MO. Just as well. There isn’t one single idea to do anything to govern coming from the right anymore. It’s all obnoxious anger. Yawn.
We have Trump to thank for the hole we are in right now. It takes time to dig out. If idiot was in office, we would probably only have about 100K vaccinated right now. This message would be: "Get vaccinated or not, either way we are almost at herd immunity."
Except that we were doing over 1M per day while he was in office - nice try though.

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles ... red-us-cdc
What in the world are you smoking and what did they mix into it? You can make fun of the guy all you want... he has a 60% approval rating and just got an overwhelmingly popular bill (near 80% support) through congress. That no Republicans supported it is political suicide.
Your five year poll suspension doesn't expire until November, 2025. People don't know what is in the monstrosity and don't realize that it isn't really a covid relief bill. Here is a pretty good articulation of what is happening, from a conservative viewpoint: https://redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2021/03 ... ce-n342011

Here's a good summation:
It looks like Biden learned a lot about moving the goalposts from his buddy Gavin Newsom, Governor of California. A more transparent and truthful version of Biden’s thoughts would read:

“There’s a good chance that if you all obey you’ll be allowed to have a small backyard gathering for 4th of July. Fireworks and/or parades? Not a chance we can allow you to talk to each other that much. You might realize that I’ve duped you. But we can’t let our guard down, no – there are a lot of variables and I’m calling them variants and new surges, but really that’s just a code word for whatever I want it to mean at the time.”
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:08 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:39 am
Rate This wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:13 am
Matt wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:59 am
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:

It's almost like the last four years didn't happen. This is incredible. Biden clearly has no business being in office.
Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:20 am
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:

We have Trump to thank for the hole we are in right now. It takes time to dig out. If idiot was in office, we would probably only have about 100K vaccinated right now. This message would be: "Get vaccinated or not, either way we are almost at herd immunity."
Except that we were doing over 1M per day while he was in office - nice try though.

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles ... red-us-cdc
What in the world are you smoking and what did they mix into it? You can make fun of the guy all you want... he has a 60% approval rating and just got an overwhelmingly popular bill (near 80% support) through congress. That no Republicans supported it is political suicide.
Your five year poll suspension doesn't expire until November, 2025. People don't know what is in the monstrosity and don't realize that it isn't really a covid relief bill. Here is a pretty good articulation of what is happening, from a conservative viewpoint: https://redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2021/03 ... ce-n342011

Here's a good summation:
It looks like Biden learned a lot about moving the goalposts from his buddy Gavin Newsom, Governor of California. A more transparent and truthful version of Biden’s thoughts would read:

“There’s a good chance that if you all obey you’ll be allowed to have a small backyard gathering for 4th of July. Fireworks and/or parades? Not a chance we can allow you to talk to each other that much. You might realize that I’ve duped you. But we can’t let our guard down, no – there are a lot of variables and I’m calling them variants and new surges, but really that’s just a code word for whatever I want it to mean at the time.”
Ok now you’re earning the moniker...

RedState is not a source of information you want to hang your hat on. Even TC doesn’t go to DailyKos or Mother Jones and bring it here.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:33 am

There's a clear difference between posting something as news and posting an opinion that is clearly noted to be an opinion.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:51 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:33 am
There's a clear difference between posting something as news and posting an opinion that is clearly noted to be an opinion.
The difference between say FOX News and Bloomberg TV or anything put out by the Associated Press for example.

Or anything put out by TC who clearly never took a basic communications course.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:17 pm

Here's what I don't get.

Who really needs this "stimulus" $$? I'm sure there are some folks out there in the restaurant or hospitality service business, but that has to be a small fraction of the total folks out there.

Who is buying up all the trucks and luxury SUVs?? I hear there are massive shortages on these vehicles all over the country. I've tried calling on several trucks just a few years old and they seem to be selling very well too, as all the ones I've called on have "just sold yesterday". Our local real estate folks are saying the housing market is suffering from a lack of inventory, especially on homes over 400K.

Who's buying all this crap if everyone is "hurting" so bad that they need some "stimulus" $$ from Uncle Sam??

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:15 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:17 pm
Here's what I don't get.

Who really needs this "stimulus" $$? I'm sure there are some folks out there in the restaurant or hospitality service business, but that has to be a small fraction of the total folks out there.

Who is buying up all the trucks and luxury SUVs?? I hear there are massive shortages on these vehicles all over the country. I've tried calling on several trucks just a few years old and they seem to be selling very well too, as all the ones I've called on have "just sold yesterday". Our local real estate folks are saying the housing market is suffering from a lack of inventory, especially on homes over 400K.

Who's buying all this crap if everyone is "hurting" so bad that they need some "stimulus" $$ from Uncle Sam??
Lack of inventory is a chronic problem for houses, that’s not new. The new car situation has had trouble recovering from the time lost when the plants shut down last year. They want about 60 days of inventory, if you aren’t spending most of your time building cars it’s hard to keep up. If used cars are selling like hot cakes that’s a sign folks are trying to save money.

The service sector is 70%+ of our economy and it’s still hurting badly in many places. Then there are the images of food lines all over the place. Not looking so fat and happy to me.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:55 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:17 pm
Here's what I don't get.

Who needs help? The people dealing with the long hauler effects of COVID and those suffering from long term disabilities that couldn't get seen often enough during the pandemic because their doctors' offices were closed. Come to Warren next Friday and I will personally take you to a food line so you can see for yourself.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:32 pm

I've seen a lot of folks in those food lines... And most look like they've NEVER missed a meal!!!

I am SURE there are some folks who are actually suffering from food insecurity, but I'll bet it's a small fraction of what you see in the food hand-out lines.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:34 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:32 pm
I've seen a lot of folks in those food lines... And most look like they've NEVER missed a meal!!!

I am SURE there are some folks who are actually suffering from food insecurity, but I'll bet it's a small fraction of what you see in the food hand-out lines.
You can be fat and still not be able to afford food comfortably... are you ignorant or just trolling us?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:55 pm

People get fat because they cannot afford fruits and vegetables. I can go and get 2 cheeseburgers for $2. However, you want 12 ounces of blueberries? That’ll be $5.00.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:04 am

Two of my friends have already had their 1400 deposited and mine and my children's is pending for early in the week. Who needs it? In my city Gleaners does a distribution three times a month. Pre packed boxes and an average of 1500 vehicles show up to have them put in the trunks or cargo areas by National Guard troops. While our job situation is really good, more jobs than people to fill them, a lot of people are still playing catch up when it wasn't this way. Those checks will help catch up power bills, car payments, rent and mortgage payments and maybe a doctor visit that has been put off because money has been tight. While I do not agree with all the pork in the bill, the real help is needed nationwide because of lockdowns, jobs eliminated and the slow recovery.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:02 pm

Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:55 pm
People get fat because they cannot afford fruits and vegetables. I can go and get 2 cheeseburgers for $2. However, you want 12 ounces of blueberries? That’ll be $5.00.
Ya gotta be kidding me. There's plenty of food that's healthy that doesn't cost what fresh fruit costs.

You can buy a whole lot more rice than you can cheeseburgers for the same amount of money, and the rice will be quite a bit more healthy for you to consume.

Lots of other options than the lazy cheeseburger route.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:22 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:02 pm
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:55 pm
Ya gotta be kidding me. There's plenty of food that's healthy that doesn't cost what fresh fruit costs.

You can buy a whole lot more rice than you can cheeseburgers for the same amount of money, and the rice will be quite a bit more healthy for you to consume.

Lots of other options than the lazy cheeseburger route.
Why sit there and have rice when you can really go cheap and eat Ramen for .20 a meal? I mean people survive on only rice and ramen and packaged foods like your dollar instant potatoes and Mac and cheese. Yessir good eaten there. It’s very hard to get a wide variety of healthy anything on the same budget as some really crappy stuff that tastes good and will catch up with you later. But the party of no doesn’t plan ahead.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:39 pm

My oldest feeds a family of four on about 225 a week, my youngest with a family of 5 270 a week and that is eating healthy. You load up on pasta, rice, ground beef and pre packaged foods loaded with sodium and you can cut that in half, but you are not eating healthy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic