Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 29 at 11:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fauci: No Mask, One Mask, Two Masks...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Fauci: No Mask, One Mask, Two Masks...

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:29 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:43 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:46 am
A lot of doctors' offices voluntarily closed. My neurologist's office has been closed since March.
But surgeries and medical testing also went down for March and April and maybe part of May. Nobody on the side of keeping things locked down seems to be able to do the following:

1. Come up with some evolution in strategy. All we have are the exact same rules repeated ad nauseum and all they are largely are the rules applied 100 years ago to combat the Flu Pandemic. We are unable to refine that at all?!?

2. They don’t seem to give a rats ass about the health effects both mental and physical on people who can’t get to a doctor or aren’t seeing enough people and having enough face to face interactions. An entire generation of kids in their formative years are missing a year of interaction. That will have consequences down the road. The longer this continues the harder it’s getting to support it. Then you have idiotic “experts” wanting to make this the new way we do things on a normal basis that clearly don’t have any friends or a life that’s been disrupted. The whole thing has been handled like complete shit and I’m not talking just Trumps non-handling of it. Whitmer deserves a lot of criticism for her utterly disconnected smugness and do as I say not as I do attitude. From a PR standpoint she’s an utter moron.
You sound like my conservative dad. I respect the doctors who don't want to be open, but they need to be honest that their office will be closed until the pandemic is over. My neurologist has done telehealth appointments, but he has given false hope. Back in August, he was like "yeah, we should be open in October." It's ridiculous. But at the same time, how can I condemn a man for wanting to keep his immediate and extended family safe(his parents live with his family)?

People will have trauma in any pandemic. Look back at the Spanish flu.

For me, I was in the hospital at the end of last March/early April with an oxygen level of 89. That changes anyone's life. I will never be the same as before that. People were literally dying around me.

The bottom line is that Michigan is 4th best in the nation in new COVID infections. We have had two months of decreased new case loads. I would post the graph, but this site is still not letting me, but they dropped like a rock.

Gretchen is not a moron. She stood up to a disrespectful misogynist president that insulted her, even cut off supplies for a short time. I respect the he'll out of her.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:15 am

Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:29 am
Rate This wrote:
A lot of doctors' offices voluntarily closed. My neurologist's office has been closed since March.
But surgeries and medical testing also went down for March and April and maybe part of May. Nobody on the side of keeping things locked down seems to be able to do the following:

1. Come up with some evolution in strategy. All we have are the exact same rules repeated ad nauseum and all they are largely are the rules applied 100 years ago to combat the Flu Pandemic. We are unable to refine that at all?!?

2. They don’t seem to give a rats ass about the health effects both mental and physical on people who can’t get to a doctor or aren’t seeing enough people and having enough face to face interactions. An entire generation of kids in their formative years are missing a year of interaction. That will have consequences down the road. The longer this continues the harder it’s getting to support it. Then you have idiotic “experts” wanting to make this the new way we do things on a normal basis that clearly don’t have any friends or a life that’s been disrupted. The whole thing has been handled like complete shit and I’m not talking just Trumps non-handling of it. Whitmer deserves a lot of criticism for her utterly disconnected smugness and do as I say not as I do attitude. From a PR standpoint she’s an utter moron.
You sound like my conservative dad. I respect the doctors who don't want to be open, but they need to be honest that their office will be closed until the pandemic is over. My neurologist has done telehealth appointments, but he has given false hope. Back in August, he was like "yeah, we should be open in October." It's ridiculous. But at the same time, how can I condemn a man for wanting to keep his immediate and extended family safe(his parents live with his family)?

For me, I was in the hospital at the end of last March/early April with an oxygen level of 89. That changes anyone's life. I will never be the same as before that. People were literally dying around me.

The bottom line is that Michigan is 4th best in the nation in new COVID infections. We have had two months of decreased new case loads. I would post the graph, but this site is still not letting me, but they dropped like a rock.

Gretchen is not a moron. She stood up to a disrespectful misogynist president that insulted her, even cut off supplies for a short time. I respect the he'll out of her.
So you read little to nothing of what I posted and argued or chose to ignore much of it. Fantastic.

As for cases coming down... we are going to chase our tails AGAIN and reopen only to shut down when cases spike. It’s beyond old. Instead of trying the same thing over and over why don’t we find another method? This one only gives an illusion of success.

From an optics perspective Whitmer sucks at this.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:32 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:15 am
Rate This wrote:

So you read little to nothing of what I posted and argued or chose to ignore much of it. Fantastic.

As for cases coming down... we are going to chase our tails AGAIN and reopen only to shut down when cases spike. It’s beyond old. Instead of trying the same thing over and over why don’t we find another method? This one only gives an illusion of success.

More specifically, I think Dr. Fauci has changed with the science. The fact that he went from no masks to one to two is because the science keeps changing. This variant is no joke.

I will be upgrading to a KN95 mask as well as wearing a shield when I am indoors grocery shopping which is quick and rare being I do Kroger pickup. I think Audio has been right in regards to mask protection.

Overall, I think Gretchen has done the best she can other than getting the antibody treatments out. The fact of the matter is that the Trump administration shorted Democratic states when it comes to vaccines! Now, we have President Biden signing off on doubling the availability of vaccines. I expect to be vaccinated by late spring.

We are all tired of this. Lock downs are frustrating, but the unmitigated spread of COVID has caused these more contagious and more deadly variants to arrive. Do you want Michigan to be the home of the next variant? Well, stopping all lock downs is the path to that. MDHHS was reporting 9800 cases a day beforeThanksgiving! Yesterday, we were at 1600 a day. I feel much less nervous with these types of numbers. This virus spreads exponentially if left unchecked.

And for the record, I do expect a bump up in numbers when restaurants reopen.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:46 am

Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:32 am
Rate This wrote:
Rate This wrote:

More specifically, I think Dr. Fauci has changed with the science. The fact that he went from no masks to one to two is because the science keeps changing. This variant is no joke.

I will be upgrading to a KN95 mask as well as wearing a shield when I am indoors grocery shopping which is quick and rare being I do Kroger pickup. I think Audio has been right in regards to mask protection.

Overall, I think Gretchen has done the best she can other than getting the antibody treatments out. The fact of the matter is that the Trump administration shorted Democratic states when it comes to vaccines! Now, we have President Biden signing off on doubling the availability of vaccines. I expect to be vaccinated by late spring.

We are all tired of this. Lock downs are frustrating, but the unmitigated spread of COVID has caused these more contagious and more deadly variants to arrive. Do you want Michigan to be the home of the next variant? Well, stopping all lock downs is the path to that. MDHHS was reporting 9800 cases a day beforeThanksgiving! Yesterday, we were at 1600 a day. I feel much less nervous with these types of numbers. This virus spreads exponentially if left unchecked.

You still won’t address the PR side of this which by any measure is atrocious. Then you deflect to Fauci and Trump when I never mentioned them. Then you roll out here talking about how far the numbers have fallen despite this having happened the other times we locked down and then it spiked when we reopened. I would argue that locking down and drawing this out provided enough time for the virus to mutate and get more contagious. I don’t think the new variant is more deadly. The whole point of the virus is to replicate itself and live in its host not kill it.

So if the vaccine proves ineffective against a new strain of COVID should we remain locked down indefinitely? What if it takes 20 years to be rid of it because it keeps changing and getting away from the vaccines effectiveness?Should we simply keep this up consequences be damned?

And if Gretchen is so smart and you firmly believe reopening restaurants will be a negative why aren’t you criticizing her for it? Is there anything negative you are capable of saying about the woman? Speaking as someone left of center she is absolutely terrible. She blew it by not working with the legislature as state law requires, then when the State Supreme Court told her to shove it she simply used MDHHS to make as many new orders as she could that did the same thing and still refused to work with the legislature. This whole thing has gone to her head and she has proven herself to be quite inept on a number of things. Several of the orders for what gets shut down and what stays open don’t even make any sense. And a year into this THE STRATEGY AND ORDERS ARE THE SAME... we aren’t fixing anything or really doing much. Just spinning our wheels for the hell of it I suppose.

Maybe at some point our arrogance will simply give way to the realization that we cannot defeat a new virus artificially no matter how hard we try. Especially one that continues to change endlessly. The new variant will be the dominant strain by the end of March. It continues to spread no matter what we do. At some point sitting back and watching is all we can do. Eventually people will vote out anybody who supports lockdowns. If we are in this in 2022, then anybody who is pro-lockdown will go down in flames.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:36 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:46 am
Rate This wrote:
Rate This wrote:

You still won’t address the PR side of this which by any measure is atrocious. Then you deflect to Fauci and Trump when I never mentioned them. Then you roll out here talking about how far the numbers have fallen despite this having happened the other times we locked down and then it spiked when we reopened. I would argue that locking down and drawing this out provided enough time for the virus to mutate and get more contagious. I don’t think the new variant is more deadly. The whole point of the virus is to replicate itself and live in its host not kill it.

So if the vaccine proves ineffective against a new strain of COVID should we remain locked down indefinitely? What if it takes 20 years to be rid of it because it keeps changing and getting away from the vaccines effectiveness?Should we simply keep this up consequences be damned?

And if Gretchen is so smart and you firmly believe reopening restaurants will be a negative why aren’t you criticizing her for it? Is there anything negative you are capable of saying about the woman? Speaking as someone left of center she is absolutely terrible. She blew it by not working with the legislature as state law requires, then when the State Supreme Court told her to shove it she simply used MDHHS to make as many new orders as she could that did the same thing and still refused to work with the legislature. This whole thing has gone to her head and she has proven herself to be quite inept on a number of things. Several of the orders for what gets shut down and what stays open don’t even make any sense. And a year into this THE STRATEGY AND ORDERS ARE THE SAME... we aren’t fixing anything or really doing much. Just spinning our wheels for the hell of it I suppose.
As the science goes, so goes Gretchen for the most part. She has been very consistent. I am not quite sure why you have changed unless audio has hacked your account.

She has been under duress from the restaurant community to open. Some have made threats to her life. I think she is very sympathetic to what they are going through. I don't agree with them opening up, but she knows that there has beeoverallgic delay in small businesses getting funds. It's quite obvious that Trump did not allow the Cares money to get to the small businesses who need it. People like Joel Osteen had no business getting that Monet. Should have been more controlled.

As far as Gretchen's handling of the crisis, I do think it has been good overall in light of horrible federal support, an ignorant MI legislature, and bloodthirsty militias.

Has she made errors? Yes. I wouldn't have suspended lawn services in April and May. Wouldn't have banned hydroxychloroquine, seeds in April, and been more efficient with these antibodies to save people.

Studies have shown the variant is more deadly but is not hampering the efficacy of the vaccines.

Lock downs are stopping the spread. And yes, 94% of those who get the virus are living, but at what cost? My friend has been in the hospital 14 times since contracting July and had to go to the Mayo Clinic to get answers. The raw numbers of this disease matters because it equals for long term disability in the decades to come.

The MI legislature wanted no mask mandates and no social distancing. It gets you Florida. Do you want 15,000 cases every day with 500 dead every day? Is that it? Should we turn back the clock to March and April where our hospitals were packed and I had to wait to be let in a fucking COVID screening tent when I could hardly fucking breathe? I left my house not knowing if I was going to die because I thought I had COVID and had a history of asthma while I felt like had a piano on my back. Tested negative, but I didn't get tested until I had been sick a week. They said it was an upper respiratory infection, but I am still not 100% convinced. Still have wheezing fits from time to time and weird skin rashes.

My cousin had 2 bouts with breast cancer and is a teacher. If these inbreds like SHIRKey had their way, she would be in the classroom and exposed to COVID. She would die, but I guess that wouldn't matter to you. Who stood firm and encouraged school districts to go remote? That's right, Gretchen.

She saved a lot of us that were unemployed in April by helping clear the red tape to help us get extended unemployment. So, yes without Whitmer I would be broke and probably would have killed myself to be honest.

So, when she runs again in 2022, I will support her against DINOs like Mark Hackel or other Republicans as useless as Bidet either with my money or my time or both. She saved me, and I will fight for her. The end.

Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:53 am

There is no evidence that restaurants caused increased covid spread. Whitmer is unfit to serve.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:12 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:53 am
There is no evidence that restaurants caused increased covid spread. Whitmer is unfit to serve.
Not only that but MCRF is pulling a 6% mortality rate out of his ass. It’s close to 1%.

Every time they lock down, reduce the spread and open up there’s another spike afterwords. Wash rinse and repeat. No new ideas or ways to stop the cycle.

MCRF... your anxiety about the problem outstrips the problem. Get a grip. Nobody hacked my account. I’m just fed up and enough is enough.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:49 am

MCRF that is flattery, but that's not deserved this time, LOL.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:45 am

Is Florida's higher daily death counts when compared to Michigan because:

- Their residents, on average, are older that Michigan's and older people are more likely to have fatal complications?
- Their population is more than double Michigan's?
- They have restaurants / bars open?
- They have many, many more visitors / people with 2nd homes that aren't residents (at any given time, there are probably closer to 3 times as many people in FL than there are in MI).

I literally LOL at all the Monday Morning Scientists that actually have no clue at all the different factors that come into play. That list above is the tip of the iceberg of all the variables in play.

Truly, all of this stuff is junk science and claiming one governor is better than an other because of the policies is flawed thinking, no matter the political party.
Wellllll... la de frickin da

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:06 am

The science doesn't change. If you had to change your stance, it's because YOU interpreted the data wrong and further scientific discoveries PROVED you were wrong.

What about all the "the masks are to protect other people, not yourself", "science-based" proponents??

Complete bullcrap. Masks do have an ability to protect the person wearing it, as well as do something to protect others if you are the one sick, but they aren't 100% effective. The do improve your odds of prevention, but they will not end the virus. There are also negative consequences of promoting false solutions, and one of those is actually increasing the risks for folks because you're dismissing all the other infection vectors.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:22 pm

Because of the fact that discoveries continue to be made for the original strain and the variants of COVID, the science DOES change.

Audacity sucks.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:12 am

Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:22 pm
Because of the fact that discoveries continue to be made for the original strain and the variants of COVID, the science DOES change.
No. Again, the science doesn't change. Whoever made the initial assessments should have contained it to the current/original strain, which some did. The new strain and variants MAY lead to different conclusions and responses, but in this case the SCIENCE doesn't actually do that but they are making changes in recommendations anyways.

Regardless of what the SCIENCE says.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic