Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What if everything you think you know about politics is wrong?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: What if everything you think you know about politics is wrong?

Post by Bryce » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:37 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:18 am
Bryce wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:14 pm

There are undecided voters. I was one in 2016. I'm pleased I made the right choice.
You were undecided! Fascinating, can you please recap when and how you made your decision? What factors did you consider? Did you vote a straight party ticket? (Notice, I'm not asking who you voted for, as you have the right to keep that private.)
Out of the gate, I was a Cruz supporter. It's no secret around this board. I couldn't wrap my arms around Trump because of his boorish behavior. His demeanor just wasn't "Presidential" in my eyes.

Even 30 days prior to the 2016 Presidential election I wasn't sure exactly what I would do. What tipped the scales for me was the Supreme Court Justice pick. He committed to a slate of choices I was on board with. There was no way I could in good conscience let HilLIEery have that pick.

In retrospect, the choice worked out beyond my wildest dreams. While still a bit of a boor at times, his policy and what he has accomplished, while having pretty much all of Washington fighting his every move, is more along the lines of my political thinking than anyone since Reagan.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 12047

Re: What if everything you think you know about politics is wrong?

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:49 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:37 pm
Even 30 days prior to the 2016 Presidential election I wasn't sure exactly what I would do. What tipped the scales for me was the Supreme Court Justice pick. He committed to a slate of choices I was on board with. There was no way I could in good conscience let HilLIEery have that pick.
Thanks for your analysis, and your honestly about your choice. I appreciate it. I'm sure there are many people who struggled with a choice, and the President has certainly kept the promise you expected him to...
I've discovered that adding a "foe" is kind of a waste of time, because you still end up seeing stuff from foes, like this from Matt who wrote:I too was undecided between Gary Johnson and President Trump until just before I arrived at my polling place. Of course you made a big production about blocking me, so you can't see this so I guess it doesn't make sense for me to expand on my thinking.
Yes I did make s deal out of it. Your use of the word "pig" caused me to end the conversation - and I guess if that was an in person I would have been more polite and just stepped away. Wondering if you would have used a different word if we were talking in person.

And "blocking" someone here doesn't work, when the browser keeps logging me out, and when you're logged out, you see every post. Have a great day, Matt. I apologize if I came off as disrespectful. I hope you choose to be more respectful in the future.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic