Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Effectiveness of Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Falls Below 50 Percent After 5 Months: Study

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Motown322

Re: Effectiveness of Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Falls Below 50 Percent After 5 Months: Study

Post by Motown322 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:54 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:50 pm

I've got my flu shot on Monday, and I'll be at the six month mark on 10/21. I'm thinking later this month or early in November.
I hit my 6-month yesterday... have an appointment for Wednesday for the COVID booster and my flu shot. I figure both of them will have me feeling like shit (the second COVID shot knocked me on my ass for 24 hours) so I'll just get it over with at once.

Honeyman

Re: Effectiveness of Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Falls Below 50 Percent After 5 Months: Study

Post by Honeyman » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:18 pm

Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:03 am
Matt wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:27 am
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:07 pm
Well, I'm getting my booster tomorrow. I'll make sure to post if I grow a third arm or my dick falls off.
How'd it go?
I woke up this morning rather fatigued and have a headache. Just like I felt after #2....like I'm running at 75%. Weird feeling, but I know it'll be gone soon.

Thanks for asking.
I've got my flu shot on Monday, and I'll be at the six month mark on 10/21. I'm thinking later this month or early in November.
Can you get it? Though you had to be a 65+ old fuck like me.
The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:18 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:18 pm
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Well, I'm getting my booster tomorrow. I'll make sure to post if I grow a third arm or my dick falls off.
How'd it go?
I woke up this morning rather fatigued and have a headache. Just like I felt after #2....like I'm running at 75%. Weird feeling, but I know it'll be gone soon.

Thanks for asking.
Can you get it? Though you had to be a 65+ old fuck like me.
Here is what I got from CVS today:
Booster shots are now available to select individuals who received the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, six months after their second dose. Eligibility includes those ages 65+ and those ages 18 to 64 with underlying health conditions or at high risk for occupational or institutional exposure.
I've heard they aren't really checking for the underlying health issue or the occupational piece. If asked, I could make a decent argument for occupational exposure, and I have very mild seasonal allergy-induced asthma that doesn't require an inhaler.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:00 pm

Rite Aid took me right away without question... my only side effect was a sore arm for 2 days.

There still seems to be confusion between booster and third shot. What I received was the third shot of the same Pfizer vaccinations. They also are developing a booster shot which is slightly different. I believe today the booster is actually just a third child of the same original dose.
What is a COVID-19 vaccine booster?
A COVID booster shot is an additional dose of a vaccine given after the protection provided by the original shot(s) has begun to decrease over time. Typically, you would get a booster after the immunity from the initial dose(s) naturally starts to wane. The booster is designed to help people maintain their level of immunity for longer.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:20 am

Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
How'd it go?

Thanks for asking.
With my asthma, I am walking in and getting my booster on 10/20 which will be my six months. Not playing around before the winter wave hits.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:10 am

Waiting for Moderna to get the okie dokie for boosters and then I will be getting mine. Between diabetes, Blood Pressure and Parkinson's I think I will qualify.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:14 am

FWIW, Thursday 10/7 I took the Pfizer booster and the flu shot concurrently in opposite arms. I had sore shoulders for a couple days, but for the first time following any type of vaccine I must've had a reaction as that night I started getting chills and slight shivering followed by a night-long sweat. Room temperature was about 72° all night. I checked my temperature the next morning and it was 98.6°. I feel fine now; I'm 65 and soon to be 66.
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic