Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Jimmy Harbaugh fails in quest to get NFL head coaching job

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt

Re: Jimmy Harbaugh fails in quest to get NFL head coaching job

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:47 am

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:24 am
Bart Scott this morning said "this is gonna affect Michigan football recruiting immediately. But if you're Ryan Day and Mel Tucker you can use this in future recruiting in saying that you're being recruited to Michigan by a guy who doesn't even wanna coach there.”
I can assure you, this is NOT an issue.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

Circle Seven

Re: Jimmy Harbaugh to the Raiders?

Post by Circle Seven » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:52 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:24 pm
Why isn't that lazy has-been, Bob Wojnowski, reporting on this matter? (Just figured I'd toss that comment out there for discussion.)
I normally stay out of the Stadium but must comment on this one. Wojo works at 97.1 You are proposing that he do some actual reporting.
What he is good at is what I will call "bar talk". Sit and shoot the breeze.
The same hot air that me and you would put forth if we were at Malley's having a brew or two.
No real substance. Don't get me wrong. That's what 97.1 is all about. Airbags with no depth. He fits right in.
Last edited by Circle Seven on Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:02 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:08 pm
No way he flies to Minnesota on signing day, interviews, gets an offer, and turns it down. They didn't want him obviously.
Yes indeed. They passed on him. Someone said the meeting lasted 9 hours. Betcha it wasn't Harbaugh that said no.
I think he's got his eye on the door. Michigan needs to keep that thought in the back of their heads.
Despite what he says, he may skate given another chance.
Last edited by Circle Seven on Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:18 pm

Circle Seven wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:02 pm
Honeyman wrote:
No way he flies to Minnesota on signing day, interviews, gets an offer, and turns it down. They didn't want him obviously.
Yes indeed. They passed on him. Someone said the meeting lasted 9 hours. I'm thinking it wasn't Harbaugh that said no.
I'm thinking he's got his eye on the door. Michigan needs to keep that thought in the back of their heads.
Despite what he says, he may skate at any time.
The question is why skate when you’re right on the edge of being great? Unless he expected a raise and didn’t get one.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:24 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:18 pm
The question is why skate when you’re right on the edge of being great? Unless he expected a raise and didn’t get one.
Like I told Honeyman, I don't believe it was Harbaugh that said no.
He knew what he had here. Yet he still stuck his toe in the water in Minnesota.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:06 pm

Circle Seven wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:24 pm
Rate This wrote:
Like I told Honeyman, I don't believe it was Harbaugh that said no.
He knew what he had here. Yet he still stuck his toe in the water in Minnesota.
These decisions can be mutual, and it seems likely that is what happened here.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:17 pm

Rate This wrote:
Circle Seven wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:02 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Yes indeed. They passed on him. Someone said the meeting lasted 9 hours. I'm thinking it wasn't Harbaugh that said no.
I'm thinking he's got his eye on the door. Michigan needs to keep that thought in the back of their heads.
Despite what he says, he may skate at any time.
Who says they are "right on the edge of being great"? Yes, they had a very succesful 2021. But now their DC and 2 stud edge rushers are gone. Despite a soft schedule, they still have to play OSU in Columbus and Mel is 2-0 vs. them. Maybe he thinks last year was as good as he can do in AA. Maybe he was insulted by the pay cut last year, maybe he yearns for a SB, maybe he's tired of seeing Jon Vaughn saying "Fuck Jim Harbaugh!" on TV (Bo knew).

But there is no way he said no if the job was offered.
The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:42 pm

I love that sharties have their panties in a bunch about Harbaugh staying at Michigan. I suspect Jim will soon be reaffirming his commitment to "THE BEST... UNIVERSITY... IN THE WORLD!!!"

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:29 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:42 pm
I love that sharties have their panties in a bunch about Harbaugh staying at Michigan. I suspect Jim will soon be reaffirming his commitment to "THE BEST... UNIVERSITY... IN THE WORLD!!!"
:lol: I, for one, am glad he's staying. Especially under these circumstances with no DC and apparently a pissed off OC due to the recent shenanigans.

A new coach at Michigan kinda scares me. Can he match Jimmy's achievements?

Losing record to MSU. CHECK!

Losing record to OSU. CHECK!

Losing record in bowl games. CHECK!
The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:32 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:29 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:42 pm
:lol: I, for one, am glad he's staying. Especially under these circumstances with no DC and apparently a pissed off OC due to the recent shenanigans.

A new coach at Michigan kinda scares me. Can he match Jimmy's achievements?

Losing record to MSU. CHECK!

Losing record to OSU. CHECK!

Losing record in bowl games. CHECK!
There is no indication Josh Gattis is pissed off. Keep making shit up!

I really don't care how much Maude Tenor makes after one winning season, but you shartinas are all up in our B1G champion coach's nuts.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:51 pm

Come on, man... let's all drop the fanboyism here and look at it logically. Harbaugh didn't come back to Ann Arbor because he wanted to. He came back because he had no other option. He didn't get the job offer from Minnesota that he assumed he was gonna get. Let's not make this into something that it isn't. He went back to Manuel with his tail between his legs. I'm sure he's going to put 100% into the UM football squad this year but is he going to be peeking around the corner next January? Who knows? Let's not act like this is just par for the course though... it's a really bad look for recruits. Is this head coach committed or does he have one foot out the door?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:29 am

Motown322 wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:51 pm
Come on, man... let's all drop the fanboyism here and look at it logically. Harbaugh didn't come back to Ann Arbor because he wanted to. He came back because he had no other option. He didn't get the job offer from Minnesota that he assumed he was gonna get. Let's not make this into something that it isn't. He went back to Manuel with his tail between his legs. I'm sure he's going to put 100% into the UM football squad this year but is he going to be peeking around the corner next January? Who knows? Let's not act like this is just par for the course though... it's a really bad look for recruits. Is this head coach committed or does he have one foot out the door?
This head coach would really like to win a super bowl.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:35 am

Motown322 wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:51 pm
I think when the reworked contract is signed, it will put a lot of this speculation to rest. Jim said he would listen this year - he didn't hide that from anyone. He also said this would not be an annual thing. This is also the first time in seven years that he even expressed interest. I do believe him when he says his heart is here.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:47 am

I was done with Harbaugh awhile ago. This year's success mitigates that a bit.
I guess in my head I could be a "wait and see" guy for another year.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:28 am

craig11152 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:47 am
I was done with Harbaugh awhile ago. This year's success mitigates that a bit.
I guess in my head I could be a "wait and see" guy for another year.
He’s the next Bo. Statue is in the mail.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic