Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Red Lobster closing in Michigan?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
matt1

Red Lobster closing in Michigan?

Post by matt1 » Mon May 20, 2024 8:32 pm

Including Bay City, Saginaw, Flint, Detroit area, Mount Pleasant & Traverse City. TMZ ALERT!!!! :shock: https://www.tmz.com/2024/05/20/red-lobs ... #continued

Matt

Re: Red Lobster closing in Michigan?

Post by Matt » Mon May 20, 2024 8:41 pm

matt1 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 8:32 pm
Including Bay City, Saginaw, Flint, Detroit area, Mount Pleasant & Traverse City. TMZ ALERT!!!! :shock: https://www.tmz.com/2024/05/20/red-lobs ... #continued
Fascinating.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 20, 2024 9:41 pm

How you can score one last chance at affordable seafood fare at 11.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Mon May 20, 2024 11:08 pm

I'll sure miss those biscuits...my dog loved them too.
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

kager

Post by kager » Tue May 21, 2024 3:44 am

That 'all you can eat shrimp' wasn't such a great idea after all?
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 21, 2024 6:54 am

kager wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 3:44 am
That 'all you can eat shrimp' wasn't such a great idea after all?
I heard a story last night that guests were regularly walking out of the restaurant with pockets full of shrimp. That seems like a rather disgusting promotion.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue May 21, 2024 3:16 pm

The censorship king from out of state.

billmich88888

Post by billmich88888 » Wed May 22, 2024 12:05 pm

12 oaks/novi was closed last night, confirmed

MichMash

Post by MichMash » Wed May 22, 2024 1:09 pm

billmich88888 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 12:05 pm
Please confirm how you know this. I drove by that location last night (05/21/2024) on my way to the Chick-Fil-A next door and there were a number of cars in the parking lot. And a check of the redlobster.com web site right now (1:05 pm 05/22/24) shows that location as open, with carryout and reservations available.

MichMash

Post by MichMash » Wed May 22, 2024 1:19 pm

I'm enrolled in the Red Lobster frequent guest club, and yesterday I received the following email from the company:
Dear Guests,

You may be aware that Red Lobster filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. We’d like to take a moment to explain what this means for our company, and for you, our valued guests.

For more than five decades Red Lobster has been a part of your family’s life. We’ve been there for your celebrations, big and small. We may be the place that you first discovered your love of seafood. Or where you met the love of your life on a first date. Birthdays, graduations, anniversaries and yes, weddings. We’ve been here for them all. And Red Lobster is determined to be there for these moments for generations to come. And that’s why we filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

Bankruptcy is a word that is often misunderstood. Filing for bankruptcy does not mean we are going out of business. In fact, it means just the opposite. It is a legal process that allows us to make changes to our business and our cost structure so that Red Lobster can continue as a stronger company going forward. As many of you know, we recently made the tough decision to close a number of our restaurants.

The truth is, some of the world’s most beloved brands like Delta and Hertz have used this same process to protect their futures and their customers stood with them and rooted them on. And because of that, they emerged stronger.

Together, we have a lot worth rooting for. We’ve made delicious, high-quality seafood accessible for generations. Many of you tried lobster for the first time at our restaurant. We’ve brought you Lobsterfest and Crabfest over the years. And, of course, no meal is complete without Cheddar Bay Biscuits.

We are here and ready to continue making memories with you.

Join us. Dine with us. Root for us. Together, we can write a new chapter.

Red Lobster
Things can always change, but taking this at face value, it doesn't seem like the company's going away any time soon.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed May 22, 2024 1:51 pm

MichMash wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 1:19 pm
I'm enrolled in the Red Lobster frequent guest club, and yesterday I received the following email from the company:
Dear Guests,

You may be aware that Red Lobster filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. We’d like to take a moment to explain what this means for our company, and for you, our valued guests.

For more than five decades Red Lobster has been a part of your family’s life. We’ve been there for your celebrations, big and small. We may be the place that you first discovered your love of seafood. Or where you met the love of your life on a first date. Birthdays, graduations, anniversaries and yes, weddings. We’ve been here for them all. And Red Lobster is determined to be there for these moments for generations to come. And that’s why we filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

Bankruptcy is a word that is often misunderstood. Filing for bankruptcy does not mean we are going out of business. In fact, it means just the opposite. It is a legal process that allows us to make changes to our business and our cost structure so that Red Lobster can continue as a stronger company going forward. As many of you know, we recently made the tough decision to close a number of our restaurants.

The truth is, some of the world’s most beloved brands like Delta and Hertz have used this same process to protect their futures and their customers stood with them and rooted them on. And because of that, they emerged stronger.

Together, we have a lot worth rooting for. We’ve made delicious, high-quality seafood accessible for generations. Many of you tried lobster for the first time at our restaurant. We’ve brought you Lobsterfest and Crabfest over the years. And, of course, no meal is complete without Cheddar Bay Biscuits.

We are here and ready to continue making memories with you.

Join us. Dine with us. Root for us. Together, we can write a new chapter.

Red Lobster
Things can always change, but taking this at face value, it doesn't seem like the company's going away any time soon.
Quit bragging...
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

billmich88888

Post by billmich88888 » Wed May 22, 2024 2:25 pm

MichMash wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 1:09 pm
billmich88888 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 12:05 pm
Please confirm how you know this. I drove by that location last night (05/21/2024) on my way to the Chick-Fil-A next door and there were a number of cars in the parking lot. And a check of the redlobster.com web site right now (1:05 pm 05/22/24) shows that location as open, with carryout and reservations available.
was at 12 oaks myself 5-7 and when leaving saw zero cars in the parking lot, now maybe they were all parked on the other side of the building, but the part facing Novi road was empty..... if you saw the other side of the building and it was open, then i stand wholly corrected...

MichMash

Post by MichMash » Wed May 22, 2024 2:46 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 1:51 pm

Quit bragging...
It isn't much of a brag. Been a member for a while just to get the points and the occasional discount/free dessert options, but that's enough to get me on the email blast, I guess. I have only gone to the Novi location as it's closest to where I live, but we've purchased food there just twice in the last four years. We tried to do a takeout dinner on Good Friday 2020 that was a disastrous comedy of errors on the part of the restaurant, which resulted in the Novi manager giving me a $20 gift card for my trouble. The other time was last summer when we finally got around to using said gift card.

After the Good Friday debacle, my wife truly doesn't care whether we ever eat there again.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sun May 26, 2024 5:23 am

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun May 26, 2024 6:51 pm

Bail Bonds wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 12:53 pm
Why would you go to Red Lobster when you could go to Eddie V's? It's not that much more expensive and you get a better meal.
Uh.....thats the point. They're closing stores right and left, so no one is going.
The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic