Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

National Ammo Shortage In The US

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Bryce

National Ammo Shortage In The US

Post by Bryce » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:15 pm

Well, it seems that with the Bolshevik's, anarchists, BLM and Antifa running wild, Mr. and Mrs. Middle America has taken notice and there's a national ammo shortage. Not only is ammo in short supply because of hoarding, it has pushed the prices for ammo up dramatically.

I have three carry guns. I normally put 200 rounds through each one once a month. Practice makes perfect, plus it's fun. A year ago, I could buy a case of 1000 rounds for a little over 200.00. Two of my carry guns use the same rounds. The third uses a different caliber so I normally buy two cases every third purchase. Today, the price for the same case is 800.00. If the same thing was happening to say, gasoline, certain state Attorney Generals would be launching price gouging investigations. With ammo, these same "protector's of the public" could give a shit.

Kind of pisses me off.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Re: National Ammo Shortage In The US

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:22 pm

Ammo shortage in the US? :rollin

Is there a gun shortage too?
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:22 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:15 pm
Well, it seems that with the Bolshevik's, anarchists, BLM and Antifa running wild, Mr. and Mrs. Middle America has taken notice and there's a national ammo shortage. Not only is ammo in short supply because of hoarding, it has pushed the prices for ammo up dramatically.

I have three carry guns. I normally put 200 rounds through each one once a month. Practice makes perfect, plus it's fun. A year ago, I could buy a case of 1000 rounds for a little over 200.00. Two of my carry guns use the same rounds. The third uses a different caliber so I normally buy two cases every third purchase. Today, the price for the same case is 800.00. If the same thing was happening to say, gasoline, certain state Attorney Generals would be launching price gouging investigations. With ammo, these same "protector's of the public" could give a shit.

Kind of pisses me off.
It could also be folks trying to scare you with imaginary boogiemen so you'll by said ammo and drive up the price. Just sayin'.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:28 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:22 pm
It could also be folks trying to scare you with imaginary boogiemen so you'll by said ammo and drive up the price. Just sayin'.
Ehhh...

Survey say's, "Wrong Answer."
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:29 pm

Your President needs to get well so he can address that National crisis.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:38 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Ammo shortage in the US? :rollin

Is there a gun shortage too?
Well kind of. I had to wait six weeks for the last one I purchased. It is quite special. It was worth the wait. It's, in my opinion, the worlds best concealed carry gun for people that wear suits a lot and need something very accurate and light weight.

Walther PK380 w/ LASER 380 ACP

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:41 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:28 pm
Rate This wrote:
Ehhh...

Survey say's, "Wrong Answer."
In other words even in Portland life goes on unimpeded despite the hype.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:50 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:41 pm

The family of Aaron J. Danielson may argue that statement.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:08 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:50 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:41 pm

The family of Aaron J. Danielson may argue that statement.
Consider the experience of someone who lives there...
J.M. in Portland, OR, writes: I feel compelled to comment about the ongoing distortions of actual events in Portland, Oregon. Contrary to Chris Wallace's "100 days of riots in Portland" statement during the Presidential debate, in fact we've had around 130 days of continuous protests over racial injustice in the same 3x3 block area of downtown (maybe 5x5 for a very crowded weekend). There are tens of thousands of people living downtown in apartments and condos blocks away from the protests and they've been undisturbed.

Most of the protests have been peaceful, except when the white supremacists (e.g., Proud Boys) or Federal "officers" decided to show up to provoke people. The Proud Boys, in particular, openly admit they come to Portland to start fights and force "the liberal city to waste its money" on protecting them. When they're absent and the police aren't intentionally provoking people (here's looking at you, #22 and your buddies) things remain peaceful. Yes, some of these events have been declared riots. In point of fact, the Portland PD typically declares a riot before the situation actually becomes one so they can disperse people and keep things from spiraling out of control.

The existence of protests in Portland is like announcing the stunning discovery that water is wet. I worked downtown prior to the pandemic and protesters conveniently limited their activities to days that ended in Y. The real question of any trip downtown was if the volume of people protesting would make it difficult to get in or out in a timely fashion. While some might find it extraordinary and disturbing people protested so frequently, we Portlanders largely consider this what it is: civic engagement and we go about our lives when the topic is not of interest.

Looking at downtown Portland, almost every single window near street level is boarded up. The boards went up in March/April as a response to COVID and to protect against graffiti, not because of protests that started in May: most have been painted to express support for the protesters and racial justice by the businesses that own those boards. The boards did not go up because of rioting.

Antifa, the other great boogieman of the right, is a concern of almost no one who lives here. If it gets mentioned at all, it's usually to acknowledge it's being scapegoated or that violence isn't acceptable. It's not like everyday Portlanders are furtively checking their surroundings for Antifa mobs as they march down the street trying to waste the city's money. Life downtown and out in the burbs basically goes on as normal as it can during a global pandemic, albeit with some irritation at being sensationalized beyond all recognition.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:16 pm

Yup....

Peaceful protests...

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:03 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:16 pm
Yup....

Peaceful protests...

First of all that doesn’t reflect but a minority of people who go down there to do that. Secondly it’s in a concentrated area. Third it sounds like the folks in Portland feel a little differently than the folks in Oklahoma about this. They don’t want help. The sheriff there told Trump to fuck off when Trump tried to claim the sheriff had endorsed him which is something he said he would never ever do. That kind of 1968 law and order campaign isn’t going to work in 2020. The right is selling us a manufactured outrage because they have no ideas or future plans to articulate. Just attacks, boogeymen and the like. It’s a dead end party. You will lose.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:31 am

That's a nice pistol Bryce.

The thing is, there will always be people with more money than brains. People that will panic and pay the exorbitant prices for guns and ammo.

Myself, I saw this coming a long time ago and got into reloading. Problem is... I wasn't the only one. Try finding reloading components. They are as scarce as hen's teeth.
Thread Killer

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:40 am

UP906 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:31 am
Myself, I saw this coming a long time ago and got into reloading. Problem is... I wasn't the only one. Try finding reloading components. They are as scarce as hen's teeth.
The problem is, using reloads void many manufactures warranty.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:12 am

.80 a round?

I'm telling you, this breaks my heart.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:53 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:40 am
UP906 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:31 am
The problem is, using reloads void many manufactures warranty.
Meh... not worried about running them in .357 wheelgun.
Thread Killer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic