I continue to work to restore special features of the site following the software update that began October 14. Standard browsing and posting functionality should be fully restored at this point. Feel free to send me a private message if you encounter any issue.

New Features:
I. The Site Name text appearing at the top of each page is now a clickable hyperlink on both desktop and mobile devices; clicking the link will return you to the main index page of the Buzzboard.
II. You can edit Board Preferences --> Global Settings within your User Control Panel to increase the Buzzboard's font size on your PC, mobile device, or both!
III. You can also edit Board Preferences --> Global Settings within your User Control Panel to choose from an array of different stylesheet templates (the default one is "prosilver"). I may be adding even more options in the days ahead, so feel free to check often.

You can access your User Control Panel upon login or by visiting this link: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php
Click the "X" in the upper right corner of this box to conceal this message.

-M.W.
All accepted new user registrations through 8:40a ET on Sunday, October 20 have been activated. Please read the terms of use here prior to posting: ucp.php?mode=terms

Enjoy!

Detroit Tigers 2024

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
SD45

Re: Detroit Tigers 2024

Unread post by SD45 »

The pitching was great tonight,

Both only gave up 3 hits in eight innings. BUT it's still the Marlins, who are already 18.5 games back in their division,.
Honeyman

Unread post by Honeyman »

I honestly dont think I'm exaggerating when I say Reese Olson has pitched good enough to deserve Cy Young consideration for his performance the 1st quarter of the season.

He's 0-4.
The censorship king from out of state.
Honeyman

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

An Astro cheated: https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/401 ... ance-check
Bobbert

Unread post by Bobbert »

Honeyman wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:49 pm I honestly dont think I'm exaggerating when I say Reese Olson has pitched good enough to deserve Cy Young consideration for his performance the 1st quarter of the season.

He's 0-4.
I have no real idea what WAR is, but Olson ranks eighth for pitchers in the American League.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/leag ... ders.shtml
All along the icy wastes, there are faces smiling in the gloom.
Honeyman

I'm getting to despise this baseball team. 2 games in a row, versus the fucking Marlins, where they get great pitching and can't score a goddamn run.
Matt

Unread post by Matt »

I hear Tork plays a good first base.
This is a pro-Harris/Walz account

"I have to admit - Matt is right." ~bmw
Bobbert

Unread post by Bobbert »

I was sitting in a Leo's Coney Island one day, and this young guy mopped the floor by my booth about four times. When the waitress brought my bill, I mentioned this. With irony in her voice, and a twinkle in her eye, she said, "It's part of a process..."

I'm starting to get the same ironic feeling about Scott Harris, with his three batting coaches, and his unwillingness to apply the $32 million Cabrera Dividend to a couple of proven free agent hitters in the offseason.
All along the icy wastes, there are faces smiling in the gloom.
Matt

Unread post by Matt »

Bobbert wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:55 pm I was sitting in a Leo's Coney Island one day, and this young guy mopped the floor by my booth about four times. When the waitress brought my bill, I mentioned this. With irony in her voice, and a twinkle in her eye, she said, "It's part of a process..."

I'm starting to get the same ironic feeling about Scott Harris, with his three batting coaches, and his unwillingness to apply the $32 million Cabrera Dividend to a couple of proven free agent hitters in the offseason.
Imagine caring enough about baseball to make stupid jokes. Oh right:
Bobbert wrote:Most active topic:
Ron Cameron
(2951 Posts / 72.65% of user’s posts)
This is a pro-Harris/Walz account

"I have to admit - Matt is right." ~bmw
Chrocket87

Unread post by Chrocket87 »

Honeyman wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:39 pm I'm getting to despise this baseball team. 2 games in a row, versus the fucking Marlins, where they get great pitching and can't score a goddamn run.
Shut out in back to back games by a team that had a team ERA above 5 heading into this series….

Ouch.
A1B1C1D1

Unread post by A1B1C1D1 »

I hate a manager change mid-season, but there is no excuse for this team. I am ok losing a series to Cleveland, and the Twin's series doesn't look as bad with there recent run. But Miami should have been a sweep like Chicago.

It is still savable, but barely at this point.
edj

Unread post by edj »

Someone on 97.1 was talking about picking up Verlander. Hopefully tongue in cheek, because pitching is not the problem so far.

There's not a ton of production in Toledo either. Parker Meadows isn't hitting. Jung won't come up until he can defend better.
SD45

Unread post by SD45 »

Detroit 13, Arizona 0.

Skubal gave up one hit in six innings. Three hits allowed, two by Wentz.
moldyoldie

Unread post by moldyoldie »

SD45 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 12:03 am Detroit 13, Arizona 0.

Skubal gave up one hit in six innings.
Skubal gets thirteen runs and the rest of the rotation gets zippo. :( It just ain't fair, I tell ya! :lol
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris