Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Pirate Radio in the 90’s

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Studio87

Re: Pirate Radio in the 90’s

Post by Studio87 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:52 pm

deadend wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:54 pm
I find this topic very interesting. I hope a lot of people chime in. When was the last time there was a pirate station in the area? There was one in Toledo about a year or so ago that was talked about on this board.
The Toledo pirate station is still broadcasting. Relocated just a few miles outside of Toledo, to avoid detection. :smokin

Time to stop corporations from ruining Local TV and Radio

Art Van Damme

Re: Pirate Radio in the 90’s

Post by Art Van Damme » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:14 pm

Sorry my memory is fuzzy on these recollections.
- There was an Hispanic language station around the “southwest side” of Detroit at 106.3 or 106.9. It spurred into W4’s signal for quite a few miles. I don’t recall if that shutdown was a result of the W4 engineering staff calling the FCC or not. The pirate didn’t last very long.

- Another pirate that lasted at least a couple of years during the same time period as above, was at 90.3. A friend of mine and me, traced it to East Dearborn. The audio was CNN Headline News taken directly from a cable tv source. We used to hear WOW! Cable ad inserts. It was pretty powerful. It got out to Livonia. We figured the antenna wasn’t very tall, but the picket-fencing was evident even close to the transmitting source (or what we thought it was coming from)

Nice topic RadioKev. My hats off to you!
Art

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic