All accepted new registrations through 11:00p ET on September 26 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms
Thank you!
Thank you!
Tony Gates Pulled From WLAV
-
St. Louis Dave
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:12 pm
Re: Tony Gates Pulled From WLAV
any rumblings from Mr. Gates? It's been really quiet. I see LAV is trying to "liven it up" with more social media and awful trite morning show schtick. Bad jokes, trivia, and morning zoo kind of stuff.... yuck
Re: Tony Gates Pulled From WLAV
If I-96 never got axed, snot fm 105.3 might have never came to be
Re: Tony Gates Pulled From WLAV
HEY! Mibuzzboard is now an official "industry forum"!
https://www.thefocus.news/celebrity/tony-gates-wlav/
https://www.thefocus.news/celebrity/tony-gates-wlav/
The censorship king from out of state.
Dickish and right.
Dickish and right.
Re: Tony Gates Pulled From WLAV
Now that is interesting. Investigative reporting by WFGR!
Also I see that JoJo Girard is solo again on WFGR mornings. What happened to his co-host? The few times I heard the two, it came off awkward. I think he is much better by himself.
Also I see that JoJo Girard is solo again on WFGR mornings. What happened to his co-host? The few times I heard the two, it came off awkward. I think he is much better by himself.
Re: Tony Gates Pulled From WLAV
Probably the best article WFGR has written in 8+ years.
Re: Tony Gates Pulled From WLAV
I had Kristie on my show Southpaws on 7-13-16 to talk about the Bissell Pet Foundation. What a great lady.
Southpaws airs Saturday nights at 11:00 on Global Community Radio Channel 1; weekly on Pacifica Radio affiliates KCEI-FM 90.1, Taos, NM; KZGM-FM 88.1, Cabool, MO; KEPJ-LP in San Antonio, TX. Available on Spreaker, Apple Podcasts, & Pandora.
-
format this
- Posts: 233
- Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:49 pm
- Location: Just stole Bill Murray's Budweiser at Wrigley
- Contact:
Re: Tony Gates Pulled From WLAV
Mary Ellen is currently fighting breast cancer. She has discussed it on her personal Facebook page.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.
EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!
EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!
-
Trophyhead
- Posts: 446
- Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:36 am
Re: Tony Gates Pulled From WLAV
With no Ed Buchanan to spice "Breakfast in the Basement," I don't stumble into Jazz Brunch, or WLAV as often as I might, in the past.
This time of year, even when they come in sketchy, I tune in "the Fat One" out of Battle Creek via 930 AM or WION's 1430 signal from Ionia. For the sake of investigation, I will see about Breakfast and Jazz Brunch next Sunday.
This time of year, even when they come in sketchy, I tune in "the Fat One" out of Battle Creek via 930 AM or WION's 1430 signal from Ionia. For the sake of investigation, I will see about Breakfast and Jazz Brunch next Sunday.
Re: Tony Gates Pulled From WLAV
I have been listening to LAV for the past hour (10-11am) and there is no Jazz Brunch.Also, is it true WLAV has cancelled its long running Jazz Brunch show on Sunday mornings??? If so, I do have to say I'm surprised that show survived as long as it did.
Tack care, Bernie.
PS. I wish there was something about Tony Gates. It must be a big secret like the "Manhattan Project".
-
Jeff Cunningham
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:41 am
Re: Tony Gates Pulled From WLAV
“Big secret”? Nonsense.
It’s called ‘budget cut’.
They got rid of a salary and now their numbers are going up. I hardly doubt anyone in management has any regrets.
It’s called ‘budget cut’.
They got rid of a salary and now their numbers are going up. I hardly doubt anyone in management has any regrets.