Page 4 of 4

Re: 2021 NFL Draft

Posted: Wed May 05, 2021 7:13 pm
by paul8539
The Lions need to draft a new owner.

Re: 2021 NFL Draft

Posted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:35 am
by moldyoldie
It appears the Lions think enough of their seventh-round draft choice RB Jermar Jefferson that they've chosen to waive Kerryon Johnson. :shock: Not a H*** shock here, but still a surprise in that Johnson, while not as able a runner following two knee injuries, still proved to be an adept pass blocker and receiver on third downs. I suppose the free agent signing of Jamaal Williams followed by the drafting of Jefferson forced a reassessment of the running back situation. I also think in light of this coaching staff's "pound the rock" rhetoric that the fullback position will be given a new priority.

Re: 2021 NFL Draft

Posted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:59 am
by bmw
Jermar Jefferson has a winning attitude - to the point of arrogance. We'll see whether that's a plus or a minus for the team. As I noted earlier, he was a 4th round pick on most peoples' boards with no obvious reason why he didn't go earlier, hence, a value steal late in the 7th round.

Re: 2021 NFL Draft

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:22 am
by moldyoldie
MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:52 am My post of April 29 so far is aging quite well.

I said back then Sewell was not a good pick at #7 overall. In fact, I said I hated the pick. He had a really crappy preseason.
He's also playing a new position at RT; there'll be a learning curve.

In related news, last year's starter at RT most of the season, Tyrell Crosby, was waived. This was something of a surprise, despite his injured hammy, and leads me to believe there was something behind the scenes that didn't sit well with the new regime.

Re: 2021 NFL Draft

Posted: Fri May 16, 2025 2:19 pm
by MWmetalhead
Matt wrote: ↑Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:53 pm
MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:48 pm I hate the pick of Sewell.

Jeff Seidel of the Freep's analysis is spot on. Lions should've traded down or taken a play maker at #7 overall.

Didn't figure they'd draft a QB this year. Was hoping they'd pick a cornerback or a receiver.

They'll probably win 3 games total this coming season.
You're the one that likes Jeff Seidel?
Turns out the Lions did indeed win only 3 games in the 2021 season. That half of my post aged well. :)

The other half...not so much!