All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

Election predictions thread

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt
Posts: 15617
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Home of the National Champions

Re: Election predictions thread

Unread post by Matt »

America on Hiatus 1/20/25 - 1/20/29

Foxtrot
Delta
Tango

9000 - 353
User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 15158
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: Election predictions thread

Unread post by TC Talks »

I've been wondering all along if betting is influenced by the number of dollars on one side or the other. Taking a stab in the dark, Trumpers seem to be the types that enjoy gambling more than Democrats.
283,000,000 Americans didn't vote for Trump.

Ask me about my tap water.

Posting Content © 2026 TC Talks Holdings LP.
User avatar
Honeyman
Posts: 9830
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Election predictions thread

Unread post by Honeyman »

TC Talks wrote: ↑Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:57 pm I've been wondering all along if betting is influenced by the number of dollars on one side or the other. Taking a stab in the dark, Trumpers seem to be the types that enjoy gambling more than Democrats.
Not sure what you mean. The "bookies" essentially are just looking for their 10% vig. Ideally, they want the exact amount of $ bet on each side so they get their cut. That is why lines move.
The censorship king from out of state.

Dickish and right.
Matt
Posts: 15617
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Home of the National Champions

Re: Election predictions thread

Unread post by Matt »

Honeyman wrote: ↑Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:38 pm
TC Talks wrote: ↑Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:57 pm I've been wondering all along if betting is influenced by the number of dollars on one side or the other. Taking a stab in the dark, Trumpers seem to be the types that enjoy gambling more than Democrats.
Not sure what you mean. The "bookies" essentially are just looking for their 10% vig. Ideally, they want the exact amount of $ bet on each side so they get their cut. That is why lines move.
This is a nice own of the guy whose "data costs are higher than my mortgage".
America on Hiatus 1/20/25 - 1/20/29

Foxtrot
Delta
Tango

9000 - 353
User avatar
MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 9656
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Warren, MI

Re: Election predictions thread

Unread post by MotorCityRadioFreak »

MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:18 pm Trump will win the electoral college by fewer than 30 votes, and the victor will not be known until later this week.

There will also be numerous lawsuits.

Those are my predictions.

By the way, my polling place was pretty empty around 11a. No line when I arrived. About 8 folks in line when I left. My ballot was lengthy...just over two full pages.

I cast ballot #125.

The next precinct north was even slower in terms of traffic judging from lack of cars in the parking lot. Granted, some folks walk. I'm within a half mile of my polling location on a quiet neighborhood street and did see a number of pedestrians.

So, Matt, did you vote for Keith B. for regent? ;)
Pretty sure no old timer here voted for Keith but had a great laugh at the ballot. I almost wrote in Jim Moriarty for county prosecutor. Had to choose between a chauvinist and a drug Nazi for prosecutor here.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

NEVER EVER COMPLY WITH FASCISM!!!

"MCRF is now and will always be welcome here."-zzand. Fly high, zzand. Fly high.
User avatar
MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 9656
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Warren, MI

Re: Election predictions thread

Unread post by MotorCityRadioFreak »

By the way, I refused to vote for Andy Levin, Carl's nephew. No nepotism. Voted for Andrea Kirby(Working Class Party).
They/them, non-binary and proud.

NEVER EVER COMPLY WITH FASCISM!!!

"MCRF is now and will always be welcome here."-zzand. Fly high, zzand. Fly high.
User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 15158
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: Election predictions thread

Unread post by TC Talks »

Matt wrote: ↑Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:39 pm
Honeyman wrote: ↑Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:38 pm
TC Talks wrote: ↑Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:57 pm I've been wondering all along if betting is influenced by the number of dollars on one side or the other. Taking a stab in the dark, Trumpers seem to be the types that enjoy gambling more than Democrats.
Not sure what you mean. The "bookies" essentially are just looking for their 10% vig. Ideally, they want the exact amount of $ bet on each side so they get their cut. That is why lines move.
This is a nice own of the guy whose "data costs are higher than my mortgage".
How's my favorite conservative victim doing today?
283,000,000 Americans didn't vote for Trump.

Ask me about my tap water.

Posting Content © 2026 TC Talks Holdings LP.
audiophile
Posts: 9552
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: Election predictions thread

Unread post by audiophile »

MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:18 pm Trump will win the electoral college by fewer than 30 votes, and the victor will not be known until later this week.

There will also be numerous lawsuits.

Those are my predictions.

By the way, my polling place was pretty empty around 11a. No line when I arrived. About 8 folks in line when I left. My ballot was lengthy...just over two full pages.

I cast ballot #125.

The next precinct north was even slower in terms of traffic judging from lack of cars in the parking lot. Granted, some folks walk. I'm within a half mile of my polling location on a quiet neighborhood street and did see a number of pedestrians.

So, Matt, did you vote for Keith B. for regent? ;)
I respect your opinion MW. The urban turnout appears to be low.
Psalm 139:13 ~ For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.

Jeremiah 1:5 ~ "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you;

Exodus 20:13 ~ “You shall not murder."
User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 15158
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: Election predictions thread

Unread post by TC Talks »

Exit Polls from NBC show Covid is a priority 52 to 44 nationally and leads every key state exit poll.
Last edited by TC Talks on Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
283,000,000 Americans didn't vote for Trump.

Ask me about my tap water.

Posting Content © 2026 TC Talks Holdings LP.
bmw
Posts: 9293
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: Election predictions thread

Unread post by bmw »

Turnout through the roof in my precinct. My ballot number was like 986.
bmw
Posts: 9293
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: Election predictions thread

Unread post by bmw »

TC Talks wrote: ↑Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:39 pm Exit Polls from NBC show Covid is a priority 52 to 44 nationally and leads every key state exit polls.
Some of that is young people sick of the lockdowns.
User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 15158
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: Election predictions thread

Unread post by TC Talks »

You think young people are voting for the racist?
283,000,000 Americans didn't vote for Trump.

Ask me about my tap water.

Posting Content © 2026 TC Talks Holdings LP.
audiophile
Posts: 9552
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: Election predictions thread

Unread post by audiophile »

My daughters said NO ONE in their public school is for Biden. The were debating over one teacher though.
Psalm 139:13 ~ For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.

Jeremiah 1:5 ~ "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you;

Exodus 20:13 ~ “You shall not murder."
Matt
Posts: 15617
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Home of the National Champions

Re: Election predictions thread

Unread post by Matt »

MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:18 pm Trump will win the electoral college by fewer than 30 votes, and the victor will not be known until later this week.

There will also be numerous lawsuits.

Those are my predictions.

By the way, my polling place was pretty empty around 11a. No line when I arrived. About 8 folks in line when I left. My ballot was lengthy...just over two full pages.

I cast ballot #125.

The next precinct north was even slower in terms of traffic judging from lack of cars in the parking lot. Granted, some folks walk. I'm within a half mile of my polling location on a quiet neighborhood street and did see a number of pedestrians.

So, Matt, did you vote for Keith B. for regent? ;)
No. :lol

I voted for Bernstein and Meyers.
TC Talks wrote: ↑Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:41 pm You think young people are voting for the racist?
That's his point. They're NOT voting for the racist who called blacks super predators in the 90s.
America on Hiatus 1/20/25 - 1/20/29

Foxtrot
Delta
Tango

9000 - 353
Post Reply