All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

Ron Cameron

A place to showcase the very best threads on the Buzzboard.
briangoleb14
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:22 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by briangoleb14 »

Believe it when I hear him on the air..
Momo
Posts: 11338
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Rm0411 wrote: ↑Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:45 pm Reliable sources have informed me Ron is planning his triumphant return to the airwaves on WPON on Friday December 22 from 11 - 1
Confirmation.
Hi Friend,

I will return on Friday, December 22, 2023,
11 am- 1pm e.t, my first guest will be Ray Scott.

Friday, December 29, Terry Foster
Rm04111234
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:50 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Rm04111234 »

Momo wrote: ↑Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:38 pm
Rm0411 wrote: ↑Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:45 pm Reliable sources have informed me Ron is planning his triumphant return to the airwaves on WPON on Friday December 22 from 11 - 1
Al, Rob?! Fingers crossed!
Al doesn't possess the insight on Ron as do I (or baseball for that matter.....)
radiofan1974
Posts: 5903
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

Momo wrote: ↑Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:21 pm
Rm0411 wrote: ↑Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:45 pm Reliable sources have informed me Ron is planning his triumphant return to the airwaves on WPON on Friday December 22 from 11 - 1
Confirmation.
Hi Friend,

I will return on Friday, December 22, 2023,
11 am- 1pm e.t, my first guest will be Ray Scott.

Friday, December 29, Terry Foster
The December 22nd show I believe will be the Christmas extravaganza!! Looking forward to the JFK story, just like some movies when you see them over and over, I am sure I will gain some new insight! I am sure other guests will make a surprise, perhaps Jim Kaat from New zeland!!
Trophyhead
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:36 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Trophyhead »

I knew I took the day off next week for some reason!

It would be a class move for WPON to play "You Can't Keep A Good Man Down," by James and Bobby Purify, right before the show starts. Either side of an 11 o'clock ID. Never can tell with traffic and new mobility adjustments about a punctual show start.

This made my whole damn day.
Dan in Northville
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:45 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Dan in Northville »

Trophyhead wrote: ↑Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:00 pm I knew I took the day off next week for some reason!

It would be a class move for WPON to play "You Can't Keep A Good Man Down," by James and Bobby Purify, right before the show starts. Either side of an 11 o'clock ID. Never can tell with traffic and new mobility adjustments about a punctual show start.

This made my whole damn day.
Well, one thing's for sure.......................James and Bobby's other big hit, I'm Your Puppet, would certainly never apply to our Ron
Trophyhead
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:36 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Trophyhead »

Always happy to share the ice and create opportunities with the puck.
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

Martin, the Radio Expert

(Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer)

Martin, the radio expert,
Had a lot of broadcast skills,
And if you ever hired him,
He would help you pay the bills.

All of the Detroit stations,
Clamored for his production,
And the one place he worked most,
Had the letters P-O-N.

Then one sunny day in May,*
Cameron came to say,
"Martin, with all that you know,
Help me run my sports talk show."

Then they were re-united,
Martin making posts on X,
(Formerly known as Twitter),
Telling us what happens next.

*May 2023, after Ron Cameron's awkward departure from WDTK.
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

Kidcat wrote: ↑Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:48 am After a long sleepless night and much soul searching I have decided NOT to take my posting talents to the RIP Ron Cameron thread.I have chosen loyalty over generational wealth.Kidcat will remain on the Ron Cameron Thread team.
Good for you. I took a week off from the Buzzboard to avoid participating in that thread and feeding the ego of the pest who started it.
Momo
Posts: 11338
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Bobbert wrote: ↑Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:03 am Martin, the Radio Expert

(Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer)

Martin, the radio expert,
Had a lot of broadcast skills,
And if you ever hired him,
He would help you pay the bills.

All of the Detroit stations,
Clamored for his production,
And the one place he worked most,
Had the letters P-O-N.

Then one sunny day in May,*
Cameron came to say,
"Martin, with all that you know,
Help me run my sports talk show."

Then they were re-united,
Martin making posts on X,
(Formerly known as Twitter),
Telling us what happens next.

*May 2023, after Ron Cameron's awkward departure from WDTK.
Bobbert, Stopette & Geritol, Ron's Christmas spectacular sponsors, have no choice but to find a place for your newly-interpreted holiday standards.
Momo
Posts: 11338
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

With the scheduled guests announced for the next two Fridays, I wonder if Ron's return - at least initially - is going to be limited to just Fridays.
Matt
Posts: 15617
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Home of the National Champions

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Matt »

Bobbert wrote: ↑Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:05 am
Kidcat wrote: ↑Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:48 am After a long sleepless night and much soul searching I have decided NOT to take my posting talents to the RIP Ron Cameron thread.I have chosen loyalty over generational wealth.Kidcat will remain on the Ron Cameron Thread team.
Good for you. I took a week off from the Buzzboard to avoid participating in that thread and feeding the ego of the pest who started it.
You're pathetic.
America on Hiatus 1/20/25 - 1/20/29

Foxtrot
Delta
Tango

9000 - 353
Kidcat
Posts: 499
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:38 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Kidcat »

Matt wrote: ↑Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:07 pm
Bobbert wrote: ↑Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:05 am
Kidcat wrote: ↑Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:48 am After a long sleepless night and much soul searching I have decided NOT to take my posting talents to the RIP Ron Cameron thread.I have chosen loyalty over generational wealth.Kidcat will remain on the Ron Cameron Thread team.
Good for you. I took a week off from the Buzzboard to avoid participating in that thread and feeding the ego of the pest who started it.
You're pathetic.
Lets see.We have 1 poster who entertains us with parody songs and we have anothet poster who insults and degrades.Gee I wonder who is pathetic.Newsflash its not Bobbert.This will be the last that I post about you Matt.Please be kind to me because I am so sacred of your witty comments.Ha ha ha
Matt
Posts: 15617
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Home of the National Champions

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Matt »

Kidcat wrote: ↑Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:27 pm
Matt wrote: ↑Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:07 pm
Bobbert wrote: ↑Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:05 am
Kidcat wrote: ↑Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:48 am After a long sleepless night and much soul searching I have decided NOT to take my posting talents to the RIP Ron Cameron thread.I have chosen loyalty over generational wealth.Kidcat will remain on the Ron Cameron Thread team.
Good for you. I took a week off from the Buzzboard to avoid participating in that thread and feeding the ego of the pest who started it.
You're pathetic.
Lets see.We have 1 poster who entertains us with parody songs and we have anothet poster who insults and degrades.Gee I wonder who is pathetic.Newsflash its not Bobbert.This will be the last that I post about you Matt.Please be kind to me because I am so sacred of your witty comments.Ha ha ha
95.2% of your posts are about a pathetic old man, and you don't realize there is a space after periods. Maybe you should pipe down and hold your L.
America on Hiatus 1/20/25 - 1/20/29

Foxtrot
Delta
Tango

9000 - 353
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

Matt wrote: ↑Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:07 pm
Bobbert wrote: ↑Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:05 am
Kidcat wrote: ↑Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:48 am After a long sleepless night and much soul searching I have decided NOT to take my posting talents to the RIP Ron Cameron thread.I have chosen loyalty over generational wealth.Kidcat will remain on the Ron Cameron Thread team.
Good for you. I took a week off from the Buzzboard to avoid participating in that thread and feeding the ego of the pest who started it.
You're pathetic.
Come on, Matt, you can do better than that. You really need to let go of your obsession with this thread. You leave us alone and we'll leave you alone.
Post Reply