All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms
Thank you!
Thank you!
Ron Cameron
Re: Ron Cameron
I was in and out of the second hour. Sounds like classic Ron.
I am a little surprised the Friday show has had more callers than Sunday. Emails are drying up, or being ignored.
I am a little surprised the Friday show has had more callers than Sunday. Emails are drying up, or being ignored.
Re: Ron Cameron
It's summer movie season, with super heroes everywhere (Indiana Jones, Spiderman, Flash, Guardians of the Galaxy).
But once again, Hollywood missed a great opportunity to launch a unique new super hero:

But once again, Hollywood missed a great opportunity to launch a unique new super hero:

Re: Ron Cameron
Cowboy's 70th birthday is coming up next week (July 6). Maybe Mr. Positive can wish him a Happy Birthday on Ron's show.
https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 85#p735522
https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 85#p735522
Re: Ron Cameron
Ron should demand Sima get a toll free number, so Cowboy himself could call (much to our chagrin). Plus maybe the return of Windsor Dave and his unique takes
Re: Ron Cameron
I second that (e)motion! Although I suspect Ron would frown on giving Cowboy the free publicity,Bobbert wrote: ↑Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:17 am Cowboy's 70th birthday is coming up next week (July 6). Maybe Mr. Positive can wish him a Happy Birthday on Ron's show.
https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 85#p735522
How many more times will Martin peddle the canard that Cowboy has emailed … & that all he said was “hi”?! If Cowboy was relying wholly on emails to communicate with Ron he’d surely have much more to say.
-
Dan in Northville
- Posts: 466
- Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:45 pm
Re: Ron Cameron
Momo wrote: ↑Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:20 pmI second that (e)motion! Although I suspect Ron would frown on giving Cowboy the free publicity,Bobbert wrote: ↑Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:17 am Cowboy's 70th birthday is coming up next week (July 6). Maybe Mr. Positive can wish him a Happy Birthday on Ron's show.
https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 85#p735522
How many more times will Martin peddle the canard that Cowboy has emailed … & that all he said was “hi”?! If Cowboy was relying wholly on emails to communicate with Ron he’d surely have much more to say.
The only way Cowboy would send an email saying "HI" would be if "Hi" was some long lost relative of his that would be celebrating his 110th birthday this week had he not died 40 years ago.
-
radiofan1974
- Posts: 5903
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm
Re: Ron Cameron
Watching the tigers game and I see Kirk Gibson is doing the away games in Colorado, good to see with the health issues he has, I am sure Ron will have a breakdown
-
radiofan1974
- Posts: 5903
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm
Re: Ron Cameron
I am sure in Rons "show prep" he saw the article this morning about Hasse and his struggles, expect that to be pointed out and no mention of the beat writers being bought and paid for
-
radiofan1974
- Posts: 5903
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm
Re: Ron Cameron
I have not listened lately but during the week the fox national show that is overnight at wraps up at 6:00 AM I believe sometimes ends with a cowboy segment, wonder if he is doing that still since he does not have access to WPONMomo wrote: ↑Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:20 pmI second that (e)motion! Although I suspect Ron would frown on giving Cowboy the free publicity,Bobbert wrote: ↑Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:17 am Cowboy's 70th birthday is coming up next week (July 6). Maybe Mr. Positive can wish him a Happy Birthday on Ron's show.
https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 85#p735522
How many more times will Martin peddle the canard that Cowboy has emailed … & that all he said was “hi”?! If Cowboy was relying wholly on emails to communicate with Ron he’d surely have much more to say.
Re: Ron Cameron
Unless Cowboy’s carried out his talk of “retiring” from calling sports talk radio shows, I imagine he’s still calling. His absence from WPON airwaves is now - &, historically, has always been - a sole function of the station’s lack of a toll-free, call-in, number.radiofan1974 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:12 am
I have not listened lately but during the week the fox national show that is overnight at wraps up at 6:00 AM I believe sometimes ends with a cowboy segment, wonder if he is doing that still since he does not have access to WPON
Re: Ron Cameron
We can cross the Free Press's Ryan Ford off the list of potential guests for Ron. In a column addressing ten candidates to represent the Tigers at the ASG, Jake Rogers lands at #10, with 1,000-1 odds. In descending order, the others are Spencer Torkelson (500-1), Matt Vierling (400-1), Zach McKinstry (300-1), Tyler Holton (100-1), Miguel Combrero (50-1), Jason Foley (25-1), &, his top pick, at 2-1 odds, Alex Lange.
Re: Ron Cameron
The Colorado Rockies have a hot-hitting player named Ezequiel Tovar.
I'm sure that will trigger nostalgic discussions today about Cesar Tovar by Ron and/or Kurt.
I'm sure that will trigger nostalgic discussions today about Cesar Tovar by Ron and/or Kurt.
Re: Ron Cameron
Is the first word "stupid"?MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:12 pm I can think of a phrase other than "superfan" or "San Francisco" that the letters "SF" represent.