Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump privately supporting 16 week abortion ban

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

Re: Trump privately supporting 16 week abortion ban

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:39 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:23 pm
bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:40 pm
Help me understand why people who support abortion being legal right up until birth outright refuse to specifically state that that is their position. You're not the only one who won't answer it. If you think abortion should be legal until birth, why not say so?

My point was, btw, that you hold a minority opinion on this subject. 75% of Americans disagree with your position.
I’ve never met someone who says it should be legal up until birth. Not a one. I think this is way overstated.
Sounds like skewed statistics. While a scattered few individuals might actually say they believe abortion should be legal until birth, I'm guessing the question was more than likely posed toward stillborn babies and such. Should a woman find out in her eight month the baby has no heartbeat, does she have to carry it to term.

Don't know this for a fact, but there is no way 1/4 of this country has that belief.

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:42 pm

I didn't ask about the ethics of it or how common (or uncommon) it is, I simply asked about legality. People who support no bans on abortion, as a matter of law, support abortion being LEGAL right up until the moment of birth.

And HM - I disagree. Pro-choice activists do not support ANY restrictions on abortion whatsoever, including right up until birth. Whenever pro-choice politicians are asked this question point-blank, they deflect, just like TC Talks has here. If I recall, Sean Hannity asked that question to Gavin Newsom during his debate with DeSantis and Newsom wouldn't answer the question.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:13 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:42 pm
I didn't ask about the ethics of it or how common (or uncommon) it is, I simply asked about legality. People who support no bans on abortion, as a matter of law, support abortion being LEGAL right up until the moment of birth.

And HM - I disagree. Pro-choice activists do not support ANY restrictions on abortion whatsoever, including right up until birth. Whenever pro-choice politicians are asked this question point-blank, they deflect, just like TC Talks has here. If I recall, Sean Hannity asked that question to Gavin Newsom during his debate with DeSantis and Newsom wouldn't answer the question.
That’s because it boxes them in and he’s talking to a hostile person who will twist his words into whatever boogeyman thing he wants them to be.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:19 pm

It’s a shame tRump’s mother didn’t utilize those services… or she could’ve at least swallowed. :hat
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:25 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:13 pm
That’s because it boxes them in and he’s talking to a hostile person who will twist his words into whatever boogeyman thing he wants them to be.
I've heard that excuse before, and I say that's a cop out. Own your position and defend it appropriately. Otherwise, it comes across as one being ashamed of their position on something and not wanting to talk about it.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:13 pm

For those like Matt, who doubt that PP was on Main St., and is somehow some false memory that I have that couldn't be true, here you go.

https://aadl.org/photosearch?page=48

Those who doubt my memory that it could be seen coming down the hill going Southeast at the end of Sunset Rd., Google the address.

https://www.google.com/search?q=912+n+m ... s-wiz-serp

The building looked seedier at the time than the "Free Clinic" that Jennifer Jason Leigh/Stacy went to for an abortion in "Fast Times At Ridgemont High".
Last edited by Ben Zonia on Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:25 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:13 pm
For those like Matt, who doubt that PP was on Main St., and is somehow some false memory that I have that couldn't be true, here you go.

https://aadl.org/photosearch?page=48

Those who doubt my memory that it could be seen coming down the hill going Southeast at the end of Sunset Rd., Google the address.

https://www.google.com/search?q=912+n+m ... s-wiz-serp
When did I doubt that, Audiophile?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:52 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:25 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:13 pm
I've heard that excuse before, and I say that's a cop out. Own your position and defend it appropriately. Otherwise, it comes across as one being ashamed of their position on something and not wanting to talk about it.
I’m thinking this is largely people arguing the exceptions should always be usable. You don’t think Pro-Life people would have a field day labeling such people as the spawn of Satan?

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:42 pm

If women stopped hooking up with liars and losers, how much would the abortion industry be reduced?
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:46 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:42 pm
If women stopped hooking up with liars and losers, how much would the abortion industry be reduced?
Quite a bit but the universe doesn’t function that way. Way to blame the woman by the way.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:51 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:46 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
Quite a bit but the universe doesn’t function that way. Way to blame the woman by the way.
Calling men losers and liars is blaming the women? There would be NO abortions without crummy men.

-Author Unknown

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:54 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:51 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:46 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
Calling men losers and liars is blaming the women? There would be NO abortions without crummy men.
So, Audiophile, by your logic, it is the man's fault, so let's not let the woman choose to abort, UNLESS an immigrant who skipped the legal process raped her? Do you think this view is rational?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:27 pm

Hey MATTLOL101, don't you have some police to throw some shade on with your gay jokes? You have two have a lot in common, you must be the same too.

By the way, my last post prior to this one was Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:02 pm. I was working on car stuff.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:43 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:27 pm
Hey MATTLOL101, don't you have some police to throw some shade on with your gay jokes? You have two have a lot in common, you must be the same too.

By the way, my last post prior to this one was Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:02 pm. I was working on car stuff.
Where was the gay joke, Ben?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:03 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:36 pm
TC Talks believes it should be.
I support safe abortions. Feel free to continue to make up the rest like you tend to do.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic