Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Is it possible we have entered a new Civil War

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Is it possible we have entered a new Civil War

Post by bmw » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:11 am

zzand wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:55 am
...The letter signed by almost if not all Republican governors backing Texas. At least one state has publicly offered to send it's National Guard to back up their troops and a guy I work with who is in the guard said they are working to get ready to go there too...
I heard about this yesterday. As of then, it was all but 1 governor. And of course, this is getting little to no mainstream press coverage whatsoever.

Do you think the Biden admin has the guts to go in and start tearing down fence?

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:37 am

I read this morning that the border patrol hasn't touched the fencing to this point. If I understand the supreme Court order it says the fence can be taken down but does not say Texas can't put new fencing up to replace what is cut. As to your question, I don't think they will for fear of starting a confrontation that no one really wants.

Deleted User 16173

Post by Deleted User 16173 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:52 am

zzand wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:37 am
I read this morning that the border patrol hasn't touched the fencing to this point. If I understand the supreme Court order it says the fence can be taken down but does not say Texas can't put new fencing up to replace what is cut. As to your question, I don't think they will for fear of starting a confrontation that no one really wants.
Time for Texas to construct an electric fence. No one can get through or take it down. Problem solved.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:45 pm

Mark Nelson wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:52 am

Time for Texas to construct an electric fence. No one can get through or take it down. Problem solved.
I agree. Far too many Texans running around this country raising havoc. Most of them are dirty, smelly, not too smart and really aren't that useful for society. They just need to stay in the one star state and keep their criminals away from the rest of us.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:56 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:45 pm
Mark Nelson wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:52 am

I agree. Far too many Texans running around this country raising havoc. Most of them are dirty, smelly, not too smart and really aren't that useful for society. They just need to stay in the one star state and keep their criminals away from the rest of us.
We've had our fill of them in Traverse City.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:35 pm

zzand wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:37 am
The cops of Texas against stealth fighters and nukes. Fantastic matchup, I really think Texas might have a chance. :roll:

The Feds being the only one to enforce laws surrounding the border is one very old piece of settled law. But hey.. Texas let the lady and her two kids drown in the river and wouldn't let the feds go get them. Great approach.

This is political theatre and NONE and I mean NONE of the Republicans doing the crowing actually give a damn about the border. This is just to make Biden look bad. Remember that many of the businesses that donate to them rely on illegal immigrants for labor. The whole thing is a ruse and they really don't care what the collateral damage is which leads me to believe there is a place in hell for them.

radiofann

Post by radiofann » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:28 pm

The Biden open border policy was entirely his own making, I am assuming a fish tossed to the deep progressive crowd thanking them for electing him.
See my fuller post in the thread on Biden.

However , Texas has the right to defend its state residents, it has sovereignty over its own border.

Texas has the same right to defy federal policy, just as states are finding their own states rights to legalize cannabis. (Michigan and 23 other states), and even legalize hard drugs such as methamphetamine, crack, heroin (Oregon). These states are in violation of federal laws as well.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:23 pm

Whoa. Heroin is legal in Oregon?

I have to, uh...um....yeah...I....need to go there to visit my, um....uncle Edgar.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:53 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:23 pm
Whoa. Heroin is legal in Oregon?

I have to, uh...um....yeah...I....need to go there to visit my, um....uncle Edgar.
Better hurry, it appears they are going to rescind the policy sooner than later.

Deleted User 16173

Post by Deleted User 16173 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:25 pm

700,000 Truckers headed for Texas as of this afternoon. Could this be the beginning of the
civil war?

HD74

Post by HD74 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:17 pm

On any given day there are 700,000 trucks headed to Texas, and 700,000 leaving Texas. Maybe you should check truck crossing to Canada too. Knock your b.s. off fool.
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:05 pm

The first questions asked by Texans if they were to break away...... Do I STILL get my Soc.Sec. and Medicare?

Deleted User 16173

Post by Deleted User 16173 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:41 pm

HD74 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:17 pm
On any given day there are 700,000 trucks headed to Texas, and 700,000 leaving Texas. Maybe you should check truck crossing to Canada too. Knock your b.s. off fool.
Just passing along the fake news that Google News is posting. P.S. Zip it.
Last edited by Deleted User 16173 on Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:42 am

I have seen this reported on several legit news sources this morning.

Deleted User 16173

Post by Deleted User 16173 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:35 am

I have as well. The group is called Truckers for Jesus. I have heard that the number is a lot less than 700,000 Truckers. Like around 100,000.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic