Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Detroit Lions 2023

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Detroit Lions 2023

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:44 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:56 pm
The Lions never seem to beat Seattle, and I'd love to see them eliminate Stafford, so give me the Rams.

I can completely understand why many folks would prefer a Seattle matchup, though. The Rams' body of work this season is more impressive.

Wouldn't it be something if we were to have a Lions - Browns Super Bowl this season? Browns have looked damn good of late.
One of my Christmas wishes just came true. 😎

It was probably a good thing we got bumped down to the 3 seed thanks to the officiating faux pas in Dallas. Glad it wasn't us facing Green Bay today!

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Bull Shannon

Post by Bull Shannon » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:46 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:44 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
The Lions never seem to beat Seattle, and I'd love to see them eliminate Stafford, so give me the Rams.

I can completely understand why many folks would prefer a Seattle matchup, though. The Rams' body of work this season is more impressive.

Wouldn't it be something if we were to have a Lions - Browns Super Bowl this season? Browns have looked damn good of late.

It was probably a good thing we got bumped down to the 3 seed thanks to the officiating faux pas in Dallas. Glad it wasn't us facing Green Bay today!
Shame the Browns lost, but the fact the Texans are still in it after the Cowboys got spanked is a worthy tradeoff.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:25 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:25 pm
Great win for the Lions! The hype train has left the building! Enjoy it until Baker Mayfield knocks you off in the NFC Championship. :lol
I get NO credit for this sarcastic prediction if/when the Bucs win next weekend. Why? I got the round that it would happen in wrong.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:23 am

I give the Bucs credit; they were outstanding on defense!

Philly's collapse in the final half dozen games is one of the more epic choke jobs in recent memory. Sure, Dallas's was pretty bad, too, but there was some question as to Dallas's legitimacy given their road record and the fact two teams in their division are doormats. Dallas also had the Chargers, Cardinals, Patriots and Panthers on their regular season schedule - four truly awful teams.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:31 pm

I don't think I can stomach another week of Baker, Baker, Baker.
It's probably gonna be billed as Act II of The Redemption of the Former Number One Overalls. :rolleyes

Please, national media, just stick to the plusses and minuses and make your worthless predictions.
Last edited by moldyoldie on Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MichMash

Post by MichMash » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:53 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:23 am
Philly's collapse in the final half dozen games is one of the more epic choke jobs in recent memory.
ESPN's Tim McManus posted a story on their website early yesterday that indicated there was a good deal of trouble in the Eagles' camp over the last six weeks, and it interestingly hinged on a certain former Lions head coach...
A NUMBER OF questions swirl around coach Nick Sirianni as the Philadelphia Eagles begin the postseason on a 1-5 slide. Following a 10-1 start coming off a Super Bowl appearance, the third-year coach has sought to lift the Eagles out of their rut, but they've only sunk deeper.

The offense -- chock-full of Pro Bowl-level talent -- has underperformed and shown its frustration. Sideline spats have carried over to tension in the locker room, where team sources say disagreements have occasionally devolved into finger-pointing. Demoting defensive coordinator Sean Desai and elevating Matt Patricia to defensive playcaller on Dec. 17 only made matters worse for a unit that eventually finished 30th in points allowed.

On top of those struggles, Jalen Hurts' desired direction for the offense has not materialized, which has been a source of disappointment for the franchise quarterback, according to a source with direct knowledge of Hurts' thinking. A disconnect between the visions of Sirianni, Hurts and offensive coordinator Brian Johnson has affected the offense's ability to land on an identity, the source said.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:35 pm

Philly was obviously a broken team the past 2 months. Crazy, when they were 10-1 everybody was talking SB and giving Hurts the MVP. Crash and burn.

TB scares me. They went into Lambaugh a few weeks ago and kicked the Packers ass. They have a very legit D, and they'll be blitzing Goff like crazy. I also expect them to throw the ball 2/3s of the time. This is gonna be a tough game. Lions have more talent and should win, especially with home field. But I won't lay the 6....too many.
The censorship king from out of state.

Mike

Post by Mike » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:12 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:23 am
Philly's collapse in the final half dozen games is one of the more epic choke jobs in recent memory. Sure, Dallas's was pretty bad, too, but there was some question as to Dallas's legitimacy given their road record and the fact two teams in their division are doormats. Dallas also had the Chargers, Cardinals, Patriots and Panthers on their regular season schedule - four truly awful teams.
All true RE: Dallas, but they were able to mask that a bit with going unbeaten at home during the regular season (something no one else was able to do) - thus the layer of surprise when they did get steamrolled in their own house.

Mike

Post by Mike » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:22 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:35 pm
TB scares me. They went into Lambaugh a few weeks ago and kicked the Packers ass. They have a very legit D, and they'll be blitzing Goff like crazy. I also expect them to throw the ball 2/3s of the time. This is gonna be a tough game. Lions have more talent and should win, especially with home field. But I won't lay the 6....too many.
Ehhhhh... I'm seeing that apparently the Bucs had the 4th-worst passing D during the regular season. So there's that.

And you may recall that the Lions dished out their own ass-kicking at Lambeau this year (why yes, with the exact same score: 34-20).

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:39 pm

I am not afraid of a 9-8 team in a garbage division.

The Bucs put up 9 against Carolina. That’s it. They lost to the Saints by 10 at home. The Eagles never rushed Baker Mayfield. Rush him and they are done for.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:55 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:44 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:

That's why I wanted the Rams to come in I didn't want to have to see the Packers in the playoffs until the NFC Championship Game at least. Happy that the Lions finally won a playoff game and ended the 32 year drought without winning a playoff game. Now hoping the Lions beat the Bucs on Sun.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:57 am

Mike wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:22 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:35 pm
Ehhhhh... I'm seeing that apparently the Bucs had the 4th-worst passing D during the regular season. So there's that.

And you may recall that the Lions dished out their own ass-kicking at Lambeau this year (why yes, with the exact same score: 34-20).
I'm wanting to agree with Honey. Lions, to me anyway, seem to have difficulty stopping a runner after a pass competition.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:41 pm

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:04 am

He handled that question brilliantly :lol I don't know which part was funnier - her stupid question, or his answer.

That's the best laugh I've had at a stupid question since this one:

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:58 pm

I would love to know the name and employer of that clueless reporter. Mr. Bowles' response indeed was great! Seems like a good dude. I'd wish him well if we weren't playing his team this weekend.

I hope Hutchinson makes Mayfield look like a little bitch. 👹

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic