All accepted new registrations through 11:00p ET on September 26 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

Ron Cameron

A place to showcase the very best threads on the Buzzboard.
Momo
Posts: 11337
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Glad to hear from you, Mr. Transistor. Happy New Year to you & everyone else here, too. I hope you continue to check back to monitor our reportage of the continuing trainwreck.

I saw Ron again at the Bloomfield Hills library last Saturday. He arrived before I did, but, due to his slow gait, I was right on his heels when I entered. He had stopped, so, not wanting to make eye contact, I just passed him by. There was no further contact. Since he didn't have a walker with him, I'm wondering if the library provides them & he had stopped to take one. That might explain why he mentioned the walker at the circulation desk the previous week. Next time I'm there I'll test my theory about the library making walkers available for its patrons.

Now that I know that Ron & I are now regularly crossing paths, my new year's resolution is to help him address his one-man band predicament. To that end, I made copies of some baseball trivia questions I came across. I'll hand them to Ron when I next see him. At least in the immediate future, that should reduce the always-pressing need for Ron to do show prep, freeing him to meet & entertain prospective sponsors.
Majik
Posts: 771
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Majik »

Momo wrote: ↑Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:47 pm Glad to hear from you, Mr. Transistor. Happy New Year to you & everyone else here, too. I hope you continue to check back to monitor our reportage of the continuing trainwreck.

I saw Ron again at the Bloomfield Hills library last Saturday. He arrived before I did, but, due to his slow gait, I was right on his heels when I entered. He had stopped, so, not wanting to make eye contact, I just passed him by. There was no further contact. Since he didn't have a walker with him, I'm wondering if the library provides them & he had stopped to take one. That might explain why he mentioned the walker at the circulation desk the previous week. Next time I'm there I'll test my theory about the library making walkers available for its patrons.

Now that I know that Ron & I are now regularly crossing paths, my new year's resolution is to help him address his one-man band predicament. To that end, I made copies of some baseball trivia questions I came across. I'll hand them to Ron when I next see him. At least in the immediate future, that should reduce the always-pressing need for Ron to do show prep, freeing him to meet & entertain prospective sponsors.
I see a bright future for you as Mr. C’s next producer.
Mega Hertz
Posts: 4595
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Mega Hertz »

Someone make sure Momo doesn't own a copy of the Catcher in the Rye.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
Majik
Posts: 771
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Majik »

Mega Hertz wrote: ↑Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:19 pm Someone make sure Momo doesn't own a copy of the Catcher in the Rye.
I don’t see Mo as that kind.
Momo
Posts: 11337
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Majik wrote: ↑Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:24 pm
Mega Hertz wrote: ↑Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:19 pm Someone make sure Momo doesn't own a copy of the Catcher in the Rye.
I don’t see Mo as that kind.
Yeah, I'm not yet haunting the grounds of The Dakota, where Ron recently moved after selling his apartment at the Waldorf.
Momo
Posts: 11337
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Will TS Terry be in studio ... or still stuck at the airport?
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

Momo wrote: ↑Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:47 pm Glad to hear from you, Mr. Transistor. Happy New Year to you & everyone else here, too. I hope you continue to check back to monitor our reportage of the continuing trainwreck.

I saw Ron again at the Bloomfield Hills library last Saturday. He arrived before I did, but, due to his slow gait, I was right on his heels when I entered. He had stopped, so, not wanting to make eye contact, I just passed him by. There was no further contact. Since he didn't have a walker with him, I'm wondering if the library provides them & he had stopped to take one. That might explain why he mentioned the walker at the circulation desk the previous week. Next time I'm there I'll test my theory about the library making walkers available for its patrons.

Now that I know that Ron & I are now regularly crossing paths, my new year's resolution is to help him address his one-man band predicament. To that end, I made copies of some baseball trivia questions I came across. I'll hand them to Ron when I next see him. At least in the immediate future, that should reduce the always-pressing need for Ron to do show prep, freeing him to meet & entertain prospective sponsors.
Thanks for the story. Hope this turns in to something interesting.

I'm still chuckling from your first encounter with him at the library:

"I know you."
"Most people do."

That speaks volumes about how Ron sees his place in the world.
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

Momo wrote: ↑Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:39 am Will TS Terry be in studio ... or still stuck at the airport?
I'm guessing that Martin knows Ron well enough to not post anything about upcoming guests on X.

Even without Two Strokes Terry, I'm looking forward to:
  • Ron's pro-official take on the controversial Lions play last weekend.
  • Ron's attempt to minimize the significance of UM's win over Alabama on Monday.
Momo
Posts: 11337
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Bobbert wrote: ↑Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:41 am
Momo wrote: ↑Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:47 pm Glad to hear from you, Mr. Transistor. Happy New Year to you & everyone else here, too. I hope you continue to check back to monitor our reportage of the continuing trainwreck.

I saw Ron again at the Bloomfield Hills library last Saturday. He arrived before I did, but, due to his slow gait, I was right on his heels when I entered. He had stopped, so, not wanting to make eye contact, I just passed him by. There was no further contact. Since he didn't have a walker with him, I'm wondering if the library provides them & he had stopped to take one. That might explain why he mentioned the walker at the circulation desk the previous week. Next time I'm there I'll test my theory about the library making walkers available for its patrons.

Now that I know that Ron & I are now regularly crossing paths, my new year's resolution is to help him address his one-man band predicament. To that end, I made copies of some baseball trivia questions I came across. I'll hand them to Ron when I next see him. At least in the immediate future, that should reduce the always-pressing need for Ron to do show prep, freeing him to meet & entertain prospective sponsors.
Thanks for the story. Hope this turns in to something interesting.

I'm still chuckling from your first encounter with him at the library:

"I know you."
"Most people do."

That speaks volumes about how Ron sees his place in the world.
Yes, Bobbert, the very instant I heard Ron’s response I knew I had gotten his very essence.
Momo
Posts: 11337
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Ron's waiting for Mr. Postman to drop off his Yellow Pages.
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

Momo wrote: ↑Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:02 am Ron's waiting for Mr. Postman to drop off his Yellow Pages.
Now they're playing "Wipe Out".

The irony is overwhelming.
ItsJustCharlie
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by ItsJustCharlie »

Does the show take this long to start usually?
Momo
Posts: 11337
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

ItsJustCharlie wrote: ↑Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:05 am Does the show take this long to start usually?
Not usually. Maybe Michigan's victory was just too much for Ron.
Momo
Posts: 11337
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

And he's live!
Post Reply