Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Momo

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Momo » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:47 pm

Glad to hear from you, Mr. Transistor. Happy New Year to you & everyone else here, too. I hope you continue to check back to monitor our reportage of the continuing trainwreck.

I saw Ron again at the Bloomfield Hills library last Saturday. He arrived before I did, but, due to his slow gait, I was right on his heels when I entered. He had stopped, so, not wanting to make eye contact, I just passed him by. There was no further contact. Since he didn't have a walker with him, I'm wondering if the library provides them & he had stopped to take one. That might explain why he mentioned the walker at the circulation desk the previous week. Next time I'm there I'll test my theory about the library making walkers available for its patrons.

Now that I know that Ron & I are now regularly crossing paths, my new year's resolution is to help him address his one-man band predicament. To that end, I made copies of some baseball trivia questions I came across. I'll hand them to Ron when I next see him. At least in the immediate future, that should reduce the always-pressing need for Ron to do show prep, freeing him to meet & entertain prospective sponsors.

Majik

Post by Majik » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:33 pm

Momo wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:47 pm
Glad to hear from you, Mr. Transistor. Happy New Year to you & everyone else here, too. I hope you continue to check back to monitor our reportage of the continuing trainwreck.

I saw Ron again at the Bloomfield Hills library last Saturday. He arrived before I did, but, due to his slow gait, I was right on his heels when I entered. He had stopped, so, not wanting to make eye contact, I just passed him by. There was no further contact. Since he didn't have a walker with him, I'm wondering if the library provides them & he had stopped to take one. That might explain why he mentioned the walker at the circulation desk the previous week. Next time I'm there I'll test my theory about the library making walkers available for its patrons.

Now that I know that Ron & I are now regularly crossing paths, my new year's resolution is to help him address his one-man band predicament. To that end, I made copies of some baseball trivia questions I came across. I'll hand them to Ron when I next see him. At least in the immediate future, that should reduce the always-pressing need for Ron to do show prep, freeing him to meet & entertain prospective sponsors.
I see a bright future for you as Mr. C’s next producer.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:19 pm

Someone make sure Momo doesn't own a copy of the Catcher in the Rye.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Majik

Post by Majik » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:24 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:19 pm
I don’t see Mo as that kind.

Momo

Post by Momo » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:33 am

Majik wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:24 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:19 pm
I don’t see Mo as that kind.
Yeah, I'm not yet haunting the grounds of The Dakota, where Ron recently moved after selling his apartment at the Waldorf.

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:39 am

Will TS Terry be in studio ... or still stuck at the airport?

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:41 am

Momo wrote:

Thanks for the story. Hope this turns in to something interesting.

I'm still chuckling from your first encounter with him at the library:

"I know you."
"Most people do."

That speaks volumes about how Ron sees his place in the world.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:45 am

Momo wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:39 am
Will TS Terry be in studio ... or still stuck at the airport?
I'm guessing that Martin knows Ron well enough to not post anything about upcoming guests on X.

Even without Two Strokes Terry, I'm looking forward to:
  • Ron's pro-official take on the controversial Lions play last weekend.
  • Ron's attempt to minimize the significance of UM's win over Alabama on Monday.

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:50 am

Bobbert wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:41 am
Momo wrote:

Thanks for the story. Hope this turns in to something interesting.

I'm still chuckling from your first encounter with him at the library:

"I know you."
"Most people do."

That speaks volumes about how Ron sees his place in the world.
Yes, Bobbert, the very instant I heard Ron’s response I knew I had gotten his very essence.

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:02 am

Ron's waiting for Mr. Postman to drop off his Yellow Pages.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:04 am

Momo wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:02 am
Ron's waiting for Mr. Postman to drop off his Yellow Pages.
Now they're playing "Wipe Out".

The irony is overwhelming.

ItsJustCharlie

Post by ItsJustCharlie » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:05 am

Does the show take this long to start usually?

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:07 am

ItsJustCharlie wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:05 am
Does the show take this long to start usually?
Not usually. Maybe Michigan's victory was just too much for Ron.

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:08 am

And he's live!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:09 am

Great start to today's broadcast!

Is Ron doing imbedded infomercials now? He must be spending time listening to WJR.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic