All accepted new registrations through 11:00p ET on September 26 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

Ron Cameron

A place to showcase the very best threads on the Buzzboard.
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

Ads (by my count): 3

11:52: Town Center Carpet & Floors (Plymouth), Ram's Horn (Southfield)
12:45: Ram's Horn (Southfield)
Momo
Posts: 11337
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Bobbert wrote: ↑Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:50 pm
Willie108 wrote: ↑Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:43 pm Nobody...but NOBODY will be the broadcaster Ron is.
Completely agree, but not in a way that Ron would like.

Are you channeling Bob Catterson?

Great find, Bobbert. I'll be taking my business to Bob Catterson Buick from now on.
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

Willie108 wrote: ↑Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:00 pm What a way to end the show...The Wanderer by Dion.
I hope it was an intentional reference to Ron.
Momo
Posts: 11337
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

"Interesting" that Ron hasn't received an email from Cowboy since he returned. I hope Cowboy's okay. If past is prologue, expect to hear from him next week.
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

Momo wrote: ↑Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:02 pm
Bobbert wrote: ↑Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:50 pm
Willie108 wrote: ↑Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:43 pm Nobody...but NOBODY will be the broadcaster Ron is.
Completely agree, but not in a way that Ron would like.

Are you channeling Bob Catterson?

Great find, Bobbert. I'll be taking my business to Bob Catterson Buick from now on.
I grew up in Indianapolis, so it was easy. :)
uncleb67
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:15 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by uncleb67 »

Momo wrote: ↑Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:55 pm The "email" machine is working overdrive today.
I guess not overdrive enough to have an e-mail I sent make it to be read or answered on-air!
Momo
Posts: 11337
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

uncleb67 wrote: ↑Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:22 pm
Momo wrote: ↑Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:55 pm The "email" machine is working overdrive today.
I guess not overdrive enough to have an e-mail I sent make it to be read or answered on-air!
The show operates on the premise that reality is overrated & can only be taken in small doses. Much easier to just create emails from thin air than to address real ones.
uncleb67
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:15 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by uncleb67 »

Momo wrote: ↑Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:27 pm
uncleb67 wrote: ↑Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:22 pm
Momo wrote: ↑Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:55 pm The "email" machine is working overdrive today.
I guess not overdrive enough to have an e-mail I sent make it to be read or answered on-air!
The show operates on the premise that reality is overrated & can only be taken in small doses. Much easier to just create emails from thin air than to address real ones.
So true, my friend. I noticed no call from “Mr. P” today.
Matt
Posts: 15612
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Home of the National Champions

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Matt »

Did you all finish on your posters as the show was ending?
America on Hiatus 1/20/25 - 1/20/29

Foxtrot
Delta
Tango

9000 - 353
Kidcat
Posts: 499
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:38 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Kidcat »

I wonder how long our hero will remain on the air
Ad revenue is drying up.With such,a poor time slot and hardly any listeners not to mention,Ron's age and health I give him 6 months tops before he is off the air.Savour these shows no telling how many are left.
Momo
Posts: 11337
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Kidcat wrote: ↑Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:01 pm I wonder how long our hero will remain on the air
Ad revenue is drying up.With such,a poor time slot and hardly any listeners not to mention,Ron's age and health I give him 6 months tops before he is off the air.Savour these shows no telling how many are left.
I'm not so sure. I expect Ron to continue to grace us with his presence as long as he's able to keep his two longtime sponsors & can make his way to the studio.
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

Momo wrote: ↑Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:30 pm
Kidcat wrote: ↑Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:01 pm I wonder how long our hero will remain on the air
Ad revenue is drying up.With such,a poor time slot and hardly any listeners not to mention,Ron's age and health I give him 6 months tops before he is off the air.Savour these shows no telling how many are left.
I'm not so sure. I expect Ron to continue to grace us with his presence as long as he's able to keep his two longtime sponsors & can make his way to the studio.
I go back and forth between these two points of view. All signs of reality point towards retirement. But I think everyone can agree that brute force persistence is what keeps Ron going. I once asked this 80-something lady who worked at a laundromat what kept her going, and she replied, "I never think about stopping." She had the same kind of hard-nosed drive that Ron has.
Kidcat
Posts: 499
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:38 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Kidcat »

If Ron was to retire his perfect last show
should go like this ,no guests,no callers,no sponsors,no real emails.Just Ron answering fake emails and talking about himself to an audience of 5 to 10 listeners.
Matt
Posts: 15612
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Home of the National Champions

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Matt »

Kidcat wrote: ↑Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:31 pm If Ron was to retire his perfect last show
should go like this ,no guests,no callers,no sponsors,no real emails.Just Ron answering fake emails and talking about himself to an audience of 5 to 10 listeners.
This is a punctuation nightmare.
America on Hiatus 1/20/25 - 1/20/29

Foxtrot
Delta
Tango

9000 - 353
Majik
Posts: 771
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Majik »

If Kidcat is not careful, we're gonna have Grammar Nazi brain matter splattered all over this site.
Post Reply