All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

Ron Cameron

A place to showcase the very best threads on the Buzzboard.
radiofan1974
Posts: 5903
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

The weekend routine has been a bit off with Ron of the air. I am sure these would be “interesting times” as Ron would say.

Wings on a playoff run, signing Patrick Kane-wonder what he would of that signing

The Pistons-ugh, Cade Cunningham would be hearing it from Ron

Tigers-combero and his advising

Lions-look out for the other teams

Michigan-Gosh, miss this the most, what would he say..:…
radiofan1974
Posts: 5903
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

Also I did not know Martin had a regular shift at wpon other then helping Ron
Deleted User 15924

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Deleted User 15924 »

Maybe you folks should reach out to Martin. Offer availability as a guest host. Momo At The Mike. Bobbert could write and warble the show's theme song. I sée potential.
edj
Posts: 3446
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:54 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by edj »

Round Six wrote: ↑Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:50 pm Maybe you folks should reach out to Martin. Offer availability as a guest host. Momo At The Mike. Bobbert could write and warble the show's theme song. I sée potential.
Martin is brutal as a DJ. Virtually no interaction with the music; it’s essentially a break from his chatter. They could play polka and it wouldn’t make a difference. Sounds like our hero in a way.
Momo
Posts: 11338
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

I should've known better, but I tread carefully when I saw this headline. I mean it's not like the Fourth Estate has breathlessly reported on any of Ron's frequent & much-hyped announcements over the many years.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/loc ... n-the-air/
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

Momo wrote: ↑Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:39 am I should've known better, but I tread carefully when I saw this headline. I mean it's not like the Fourth Estate has breathlessly reported on any of Ron's frequent & much-hyped announcements over the many years.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/loc ... n-the-air/
When Ron's time comes, it will be interesting to hear his variation on this quotation:
To quote a friend, ‘Detroit audiences are the greatest rock and roll audiences in the world” $%*#, I’ve known that for 52 years.’”
Something like:
To quote a friend, ‘Detroit sports fans (who don't listen to my show) are the biggest idiots in the world” $%*#, I’ve known that for 52 years.’”
Momo
Posts: 11338
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Bobbert wrote: ↑Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:44 am
Momo wrote: ↑Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:39 am I should've known better, but I tread carefully when I saw this headline. I mean it's not like the Fourth Estate has breathlessly reported on any of Ron's frequent & much-hyped announcements over the many years.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/loc ... n-the-air/
When Ron's time comes, it will be interesting to hear his variation on this quotation:
To quote a friend, ‘Detroit audiences are the greatest rock and roll audiences in the world” $%*#, I’ve known that for 52 years.’”
Something like:
To quote a friend, ‘Detroit sports fans (who don't listen to my show) are the biggest idiots in the world” $%*#, I’ve known that for 52 years.’”
Ron's grievances against Detroit extends to all the city's sports fans, including his audience.
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

Round Six wrote: ↑Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:50 pm Maybe you folks should reach out to Martin. Offer availability as a guest host. Momo At The Mike. Bobbert could write and warble the show's theme song. I sée potential.
That would be fun. Here is some opening music that I think would get the show off to a rousing (and mock serious) start:

https://youtu.be/17lEx0ytE_0?si=P0yqHWUXoxE0aDom
Kidcat
Posts: 499
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:38 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Kidcat »

edj wrote: ↑Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:24 am
Round Six wrote: ↑Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:50 pm Maybe you folks should reach out to Martin. Offer availability as a guest host. Momo At The Mike. Bobbert could write and warble the show's theme song. I sée potential.
Martin is brutal as a DJ. Virtually no interaction with the music; it’s essentially a break from his chatter. They could play polka and it wouldn’t make a difference. Sounds like our hero in a way.
I never have listened to Martin's show(and never will) but it does not suprise me that you would say he is brutal as a dj.As Ron's producer he is horrible.He should not be producing,a sports show.He is not a sports fan and it shows.
Momo
Posts: 11338
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Bobbert wrote: ↑Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:35 am
Round Six wrote: ↑Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:50 pm Maybe you folks should reach out to Martin. Offer availability as a guest host. Momo At The Mike. Bobbert could write and warble the show's theme song. I sée potential.
That would be fun. Here is some opening music that I think would get the show off to a rousing (and mock serious) start:

https://youtu.be/17lEx0ytE_0?si=P0yqHWUXoxE0aDom
That's a better theme, Bobbert, than "We Are the Champions" or "I hear an echo." As for me being behind the microphone, I’ll have to take a pass. I have a voice best suited for the silent era of the moving pictures.
briangoleb14
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:22 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by briangoleb14 »

Has Ron err Martin posted anything on Twitter? I'm blocked
radiofan1974
Posts: 5903
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

briangoleb14 wrote: ↑Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:37 pm Has Ron err Martin posted anything on Twitter? I'm blocked
For the most part, just sports headlines and some final scores
radiofan1974
Posts: 5903
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

Well there was just a update that “Sportstalk” has been postponed until further notice due to knee surgery
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

Jim Leyland has been elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame, following his recent induction into the "Next Two Weeks" Hall of Fame, for people who are constantly mentioned by Ron as upcoming guests.
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

If Jim Harbaugh had any guts, he would lobby to play undefeated Washington in the first round of the college football playoffs, instead of cupcake Alabama with its 12-1 record and SEC championship.
Post Reply