Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Next Speaker Predictions

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
zzand

Re: Next Speaker Predictions

Post by zzand » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:10 pm

Not Jefferies. Wrong party.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:41 pm

zzand wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:10 pm
Not Jefferies. Wrong party.
I suppose there’s always the other party’s guy that remains no matter what. If they want to save their necks they had better make a deal with somebody here… that they can’t cobble somebody acceptable together for the good of their own party if nothing else is mind boggling…

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:46 pm

You can't get to yes with someone that won't say anything but no.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:53 pm

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:00 pm

I know the R - Reps are just chomping at the bit to get out of town to do damage control so if you're a D why not stick around and see if you can drum up seven votes while the dopes are out of town, take a vote and pop the champagne when they come back to find Jefferies as the shiny new SOH.

Before anyone says that would be stealing the Speaker position, the R's haven't been able to do shit themselves. I would consider it an act of leadership of the highest order to get back to work for the American people.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:27 am

This may make others laugh as hard as this made me laugh this morning...

Bergman is a carpetbagger who was elected with Military Complex money. I think every Republican should run.

Seriously, 5 Republican defectors would be all it takes to elect Jefferies.
As members of the United States House of Representatives continue a contentious fight to decide who will become the new Speaker of the House, northern Michigan’s representative is throwing his hat in the ring.

Jack Bergman (R), who represents Michigan’s 1st Congressional District, released a statement on Friday afternoon announcing that he is running to serve as Speaker. The announcement framed Bergman’s decision as a move to end “the protracted leadership battle in the House of Representatives that has paralyzed the body.”

“My hat is in the ring, and I feel confident I can win the votes where others could not,” Bergman said. “I have no special interests to serve; I’m only in this to do what's best for our nation and to steady the ship for the 118th Congress.”
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:55 pm

Tom Emmer or Mike Johnson will be the next Speaker of the House.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:43 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:55 pm
I don't know about that.
Former President Donald Trump privately conveyed to allies on Friday he does not back House Majority Whip Tom Emmer’s bid for speaker, throwing another wrench into an already chaotic process to find the next person to hold the gavel.
Trump hasn't commented on Johnson yet but he will.
― Matt

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:23 pm

Curiosity gets the better of me. Say Jeffries does get enough votes to be speaker (fat chance, a Barack AND a Hakim in leadership roles in this country?). How does this go down? You have an ever-so-slim. Republican majority but a Democrat is the speaker. Does Jeffries control business in the House? He brings bills to the floor? Or he just controls who speaks and when? And has this ever happened in the House before?
-TurkeyTop

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:22 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:23 pm
Curiosity gets the better of me. Say Jeffries does get enough votes to be speaker (fat chance, a Barack AND a Hakim in leadership roles in this country?). How does this go down? You have an ever-so-slim. Republican majority but a Democrat is the speaker. Does Jeffries control business in the House? He brings bills to the floor? Or he just controls who speaks and when? And has this ever happened in the House before?
If the Democrats cut a deal to protect certain moderate Republicans if they play ball, and given them decent committee leadership, it would certainly work. There are enough purple districts now at risk because of the Republican embarrassment, I bet they could capture 5. Thing is, what are the rest of the Republicans going to do about? They can pound sand.

It's more plausible than a Republican winning at this point.
― Matt

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:14 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:22 pm

If the Democrats cut a deal to protect certain moderate Republicans if they play ball, and given them decent committee leadership, it would certainly work. There are enough purple districts now at risk because of the Republican embarrassment, I bet they could capture 5. Thing is, what are the rest of the Republicans going to do about? They can pound sand.

Fascinating.
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:31 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:14 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:22 pm

Fascinating.
:lol
― Matt

MichMash

Post by MichMash » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:24 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:55 pm
It won't be Emmer, whose nomination lasted all of about three hours. One mean "RINO" tweet from El Trumpo and Emmer backed out.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:15 pm

Oh boy this sure is embarrassing for the GOP.
― Matt

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:35 pm

Something, Something, reaping what you sow, or something like that.
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic