All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

Ron Cameron

A place to showcase the very best threads on the Buzzboard.
Momo
Posts: 11340
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Bobbert wrote: ↑Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:09 am The first part of Ron's show on Friday made a big impression on me. There was a mixture of despair and disgust that I'd never heard before. Very dark.

It reminded me of the title of a book that H.G Wells wrote near the end of his life:

Image
Which brought to mind then-Vice President Dan Quayle's address to the United Negro College Fund, whose motto is "a mind is a terrible thing to waste." "[W]hat a waste it is to lose one's mind," he said. "Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."
radiofan1974
Posts: 5903
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

A bit off topic here, I have a picture I would like to insert that I think would get Ron’s approval, but can’t figure out how to insert a picture, could I get the cliff notes version?

Thanks
ShempLives
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:08 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by ShempLives »

I've had the same frustration as radiofan1974.
Momo
Posts: 11340
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

On the all-request Mr. Positive line, Mr. Positive, could you please ask Ron if Combrero is the most popular Tiger of all time & if his appointment spells the end of Lance Parrish's official role with the team?
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

radiofan1974 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:33 am A bit off topic here, I have a picture I would like to insert that I think would get Ron’s approval, but can’t figure out how to insert a picture, could I get the cliff notes version?

Thanks
I don't think there's a way to directly insert a picture into a post. I've been able to insert graphics by using the images folder of a website that I created.

Somewhere on the Buzzboard, someone talked about setting up a cloud directory to use for image insertions, but I'm not sure how that works.
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

Momo wrote: ↑Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:36 am
Bobbert wrote: ↑Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:09 am The first part of Ron's show on Friday made a big impression on me. There was a mixture of despair and disgust that I'd never heard before. Very dark.

It reminded me of the title of a book that H.G Wells wrote near the end of his life:

Image
Which brought to mind then-Vice President Dan Quayle's address to the United Negro College Fund, whose motto is "a mind is a terrible thing to waste." "[W]hat a waste it is to lose one's mind," he said. "Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."
At this church that I once attended, a minister retired. He said he could "feel the ice starting to crack." With Ron, I think the ice has cracked and he's up to at least his waist in water.

I think one of the reasons we keep listening to Ron is to be there at the very end.
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

If Ron is unhappy today, he only has himself to blame. It is the last day of Miguel Cabrera's excessively long and very expensive contract with the Tigers. For Ron (and I admit, myself), it should be a day of great celebration.
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

Lance Parrish and Scott Harris might have finally met yesterday. Both participated in the pre-game ceremony for Combero. That should make Ron happy.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 018887007/
Cabrera’s family was seated in the front row, including his mother and father, who threw out the ceremonial first pitch, with their son doing the catching.

"We've been celebrating Miggy for six months and it's been worth it and fun," Hinch said. "Tram was in the house. Jim was in the house. Lance (Parrish) and Willie (Horton). All that stuff is very meaningful to the Tigers, to our fans, to our players, to me and especially to Miggy."

Tigers president Scott Harris was also on the dais and helped present the gifts, which were incredible.
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

Momo wrote: ↑Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:51 am On the all-request Mr. Positive line, Mr. Positive, could you please ask Ron if Combrero is the most popular Tiger of all time & if his appointment spells the end of Lance Parrish's official role with the team?
Also ask Ron if this is one of the happiest days of his life, because Miguel Cabrera is retiring. Thanks.
Momo
Posts: 11340
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

With surgery in the offing, I wonder who Ron's emergency contact is. Greg? Donner? Blitzen?
radiofan1974
Posts: 5903
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

Well if anyone has access to Twitter, Mr colengelo has a very welcoming tweet welcoming combero to the special advisor club
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

radiofan1974 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:35 am Well if anyone has access to Twitter, Mr colengelo has a very welcoming tweet welcoming combero to the special advisor club
Thanks. I left a comment: "Ron Cameron needs access to the Detroit Tigers press room."
Momo
Posts: 11340
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Bobbert wrote: ↑Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:55 am
radiofan1974 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:35 am Well if anyone has access to Twitter, Mr colengelo has a very welcoming tweet welcoming combero to the special advisor club
Thanks. I left a comment: "Ron Cameron needs access to the Detroit Tigers press room."
You're a brave man, Bobbert.
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

I'm hearing a strange mixture of Indian pop and American oldies music.
radiofan1974
Posts: 5903
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

Bobbert wrote: ↑Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:01 am I'm hearing a strange mixture of Indian pop and American oldies music.
It appears Ron is not factoring construction with no one working and all
Post Reply