All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

10-day heatwave on the way

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Mega Hertz
Posts: 4595
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: 10-day heatwave on the way

Unread post by Mega Hertz »

Because I fucking hate snow and cold, I'm gonna say November 7th. It would be just my luck.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
User avatar
Rate This
Posts: 25561
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: 10-day heatwave on the way

Unread post by Rate This »

Mega Hertz wrote: ↑Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:36 pm Because I fucking hate snow and cold, I'm gonna say November 7th. It would be just my luck.
I would have thought you'd have multiple phones going desperate to answer that "half past never"...
Donald Trump… In your guts you know he’s nuts.

The Resistance begins now.

This is a pro-Democracy account.

Dear America… you were warned.
Mega Hertz
Posts: 4595
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: 10-day heatwave on the way

Unread post by Mega Hertz »

Rate This wrote: ↑Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:43 pm
Mega Hertz wrote: ↑Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:36 pm Because I fucking hate snow and cold, I'm gonna say November 7th. It would be just my luck.
I would have thought you'd have multiple phones going desperate to answer that "half past never"...
You don't know what I would give to have a winter that saw less than 6 inches of snow and a temperature that never went below 25 degrees the entire season.

My expectations are a bit high, I suppose.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
User avatar
ZenithCKLW
Posts: 1237
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:21 am
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: 10-day heatwave on the way

Unread post by ZenithCKLW »

I just want regular sunny days in the winter, not the normal grey misery, and I can deal with the rest.
User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 10463
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: 10-day heatwave on the way

Unread post by Turkeytop »

When does it begin?
User avatar
Calvert DeForest
Posts: 793
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:14 pm
Location: The corner of US-16 and M-78

Re: 10-day heatwave on the way

Unread post by Calvert DeForest »

I'll take as much summer as I can get.
Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.
bmw
Posts: 9295
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: 10-day heatwave on the way

Unread post by bmw »

Turkeytop wrote: ↑Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:07 am When does it begin?
Tomorrow will break 70, then 80 in a few days. Unfortunately there might be a cold front blasting through here Thursday or Friday of next week ending the heat wave a few days early.
User avatar
Rate This
Posts: 25561
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: 10-day heatwave on the way

Unread post by Rate This »

bmw wrote: ↑Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:05 pm
Turkeytop wrote: ↑Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:07 am When does it begin?
Tomorrow will break 70, then 80 in a few days. Unfortunately there might be a cold front blasting through here Thursday or Friday of next week ending the heat wave a few days early.
80 might be the max of it. I’m not seeing temps much better than that in the forecast…
Donald Trump… In your guts you know he’s nuts.

The Resistance begins now.

This is a pro-Democracy account.

Dear America… you were warned.
User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 15166
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: 10-day heatwave on the way

Unread post by TC Talks »

Tuesday will be my beach day
283,000,000 Americans didn't vote for Trump.

Ask me about my tap water.

Posting Content © 2026 TC Talks Holdings LP.
Deleted User 15924

Re: 10-day heatwave on the way

Unread post by Deleted User 15924 »

TC Talks wrote: ↑Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:16 am Tuesday will be my beach day
Another stroll on Empire Beach?
User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 15166
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: 10-day heatwave on the way

Unread post by TC Talks »

Round Six wrote: ↑Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:18 am
TC Talks wrote: ↑Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:16 am Tuesday will be my beach day
Another stroll on Empire Beach?
I rarely go there. Many better beaches than empire.
283,000,000 Americans didn't vote for Trump.

Ask me about my tap water.

Posting Content © 2026 TC Talks Holdings LP.
User avatar
Rate This
Posts: 25561
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: 10-day heatwave on the way

Unread post by Rate This »

MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:19 am 81 or 82 here yesterday. Weather Channel is calling for 85 (!!!) today. Not sure it'll get quite that warm.

We're all in for a rude awakening from Friday onward. Some outlying areas will likely get frost this weekend.
And relatively speaking it’ll be an early-ish freeze if anybody can get there in the next week or two. Last year we didn’t get there until November (!). There seems to be less and less transition to temperatures by the year… it just goes from warm to cold.
Donald Trump… In your guts you know he’s nuts.

The Resistance begins now.

This is a pro-Democracy account.

Dear America… you were warned.
User avatar
Rate This
Posts: 25561
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: 10-day heatwave on the way

Unread post by Rate This »

MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:57 pm It did briefly reach 85 at my house today. 😎
(Great job, Weather Channel. They nailed it.)

I am unsure of the high temp at Metro.
83 at 3pm was all Metro could muster.
Last edited by Rate This on Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donald Trump… In your guts you know he’s nuts.

The Resistance begins now.

This is a pro-Democracy account.

Dear America… you were warned.
Post Reply