Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Oy Vey Joe

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Oy Vey Joe

Post by Matt » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:45 am

Here's a novel concept: BOTH Trump and Biden are unqualified to be president. We as a country need to accept this fact and keep them both off the ballot.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:49 am

I disagree about the keeping them off the ballot part, but I certainly would love to keep them both out of office beginning January 20, 2025.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:51 am

Here's a novel concept: Actually participate in the primaries AND vote for somebody else.

See, we DO have a safeguard in place. If that safeguard doesn't work, then maybe you need to figure out why that is the case.
Last edited by bmw on Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:53 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:37 am
It is conceivable Biden visited ground zero and attended a portion of the Senate session on 9/12. New York is a 45 to 60 minute flight from D.C. Senators aren't necessarily in the Capitol from gavel to gavel.

It is also conceivable Biden, like many politicians, is full of shit.

This from CNN
:
Biden was not at Ground Zero the day after 9/11. He actually went to Ground Zero nine days after the attacks

A third possibility is that in his befuddled State of mind he just doesn't remember things correctly. However, given his past track record prior to his cognitive abilities disappearing I'm leaning towards flat out lies.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:58 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:51 am
Here's a novel concept: Actually participate in the primaries AND vote for somebody else.

See, we DO have a safeguard in place. If that safeguard doesn't work, then maybe you need to figure out why that is the case.
We won't have a primary in Michigan because of the shameful actions of Michigan Democrats.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:24 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:45 am
Here's a novel concept: BOTH Trump and Biden are unqualified to be president. We as a country need to accept this fact and keep them both off the ballot.
See, Idk what all the foot stomping and panty wadding was all about. This was, in a roundabout way, what I was getting at. I've said before that any other election, any other year, any other incumbent, and Joe Biden doesn't finish FIFTH in the primary. He doesn't sniff the white house (yes, that is a pun).

See, bmw had his finger hovering over that "send" button. I watch you and MW, both primarily Republican voters, slam Republicans all the time. Honeyman slams MSU. You slam UoM. I slam Biden because he is, if I feel generous, terrible. Maybe he can't help it, maybe he can. I don't know. But he can't even form a complete sentence. The problem with guys like beemer and Bryce is that, no matter how hard they try, they just can't come out against Trump. So, like in every other facet of life, anyone who does is playing "moral high ground" or, their favorite buzzword, "virtue signaling". But I guess that's the zero sum world we live in now. I mean, it's not like I ever started a thread titled "Hey guys, you'll be so proud of me, I'm kinda sorta maybe thinking a little bit about perhaps maybe dipping my pinky toe in the never Biden pool".
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:23 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:24 pm
Matt wrote:
See, Idk what all the foot stomping and panty wadding was all about. This was, in a roundabout way, what I was getting at. I've said before that any other election, any other year, any other incumbent, and Joe Biden doesn't finish FIFTH in the primary. He doesn't sniff the white house (yes, that is a pun).

See, bmw had his finger hovering over that "send" button. I watch you and MW, both primarily Republican voters, slam Republicans all the time. Honeyman slams MSU. You slam UoM. I slam Biden because he is, if I feel generous, terrible. Maybe he can't help it, maybe he can. I don't know. But he can't even form a complete sentence. The problem with guys like beemer and Bryce is that, no matter how hard they try, they just can't come out against Trump. So, like in every other facet of life, anyone who does is playing "moral high ground" or, their favorite buzzword, "virtue signaling". But I guess that's the zero sum world we live in now. I mean, it's not like I ever started a thread titled "Hey guys, you'll be so proud of me, I'm kinda sorta maybe thinking a little bit about perhaps maybe dipping my pinky toe in the never Biden pool".
I guess you were on hiatus during the primary of 2016. I said plenty of bad things about Trump. I still don't think he is the right presidential candidate and doesn't present the proper decorum of a president. However, when I look at some of the things he was able to accomplish while under constant onslaught of made up crap by the DNC the justice department the FBI and the mainstream media and I look at the complete pass the current corrupt resident of the White House is given by those same entities, I'm going to stick up for the guy just because of that.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:42 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:23 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:24 pm
Matt wrote:

I guess you were on hiatus during the primary of 2016. I said plenty of bad things about Trump. I still don't think he is the right presidential candidate and doesn't present the proper decorum of a president. However, when I look at some of the things he was able to accomplish while under constant onslaught of made up crap by the DNC the justice department the FBI and the mainstream media and I look at the complete pass the current corrupt resident of the White House is given by those same entities, I'm going to stick up for the guy just because of that.
I was. And I'm fairly confident you remember where I was.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:11 pm

MH - I'm going to make this as simple as I can for you since you (and others) just don't seem to understand my point of view. Contrary to what Matt or MW say, Presidential elections are binary choices. Voting 3rd-party is like if your wife gives you 2 dinner choices and you insist on a third choice. When the dust settles, you're eating one of those 2 original choices (and possibly sleeping on the couch). They don't start out as binary choices, but they become binary choices as soon as each of the 2 major parties has chosen a candidate.

I've said on a number of occasions in here who my choice is. My vote would go to Rand Paul. And there was a time not so long ago my vote would have gone to Ron DeSantis. And if somehow Trump loses in the primary, my vote will go to whoever beats him. Why? Because in my view, every single person on the Democrat's "bench" is infinitely more awful than every Republican, even Trump. That's my point of view, and as such, if Trump is the nominee (which I think is a near-certainty), he will get my vote. I think someone like Joe Biden is too far gone mentally to serve another term, I think Kamala Harris is both dangerous AND incompetent, and I think Gavin Newsom would take our country so far to the left - to a point of no return. Your claim that I haven't criticized Trump is utter BS and my past posts in here speak for themself. But at the same time, me saying I'll still vote for him doesn't make me some kind of a hypocrite; it makes me a realist who will look at the 2 choices I have and will pick the best one. If you think refusing to vote for the "lesser of 2 evils" somehow makes you better than everybody else - fine. Vote 3rd party. But your moral high ground comes at the expense of throwing your vote away.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:59 pm

This country has survived horrible, incompetant presidents before. Carter, W., Buchanan, Andrew Johnson......it will make it thru another Biden administration.

What it might not survive is a vengeful, narcissistic, idiot, who has already tried to subvert an election, and has spoken and shown multiple times that he has no respect for the US Constitution.
The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:07 pm

Do you really want to get into the weeds over Trump vs. Biden and their respect for the Constitution? Biden's unconstitutional vaccine mandate that had the potential to affect 100 million Americans (and was thankfully blocked) in and of itself is worse than anything you can come up with for Trump. Then of course there's Biden's disdain for the First Amendment and his desire to censor people through social media collusion all in the name of "stopping the spread of disinformation." Oh and DACA.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:16 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:07 pm
Do you really want to get into the weeds over Trump vs. Biden and their respect for the Constitution? Biden's unconstitutional vaccine mandate that had the potential to affect 100 million Americans (and was thankfully blocked) in and of itself is worse than anything you can come up with for Trump. Then of course there's Biden's disdain for the First Amendment and his desire to censor people through social media collusion all in the name of "stopping the spread of disinformation." Oh and DACA.
You wrote a ridiculous 57 paragraph soliloquy defending Trumps phone call to the Georgia SoS, when anyone with an ounce of objectivity knows what that was all about.

I don't expect to change your mind.
The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:58 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:07 pm
What part of the first amendment doesn't apply to social media doesn't penetrate your thick skull?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:00 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:14 am
bmw wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:55 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:37 am
Again. We know what Biden is. We don't deny it. There's your proof.
RT denies it. You not calling his clear whataboutism out is what I was pointing out since you usually do it to anybody who you even see as maybe defending Trump by pointing to other people's behavior.

But here's my bigger problem. People like you and Honeyman act like you're taking some kind of moral high ground by claiming that both candidates are garbage and that people who admit that between Biden and Trump, they'll vote for Trump - that these people are somehow inferior. And that's fine - you're free to do that, but the reality is that you are not a representative sample of the vast majority of Democrat voters. Despite polls showing that a seemingly large majority of Democrat voters have some major issues with Joe Biden, if Biden gets the nomination, most of those same people are still going to show up at the polls and pull the lever for Biden. Why is it that these voters get a free pass but people who say they'll vote for Trump if he's the nominee get endlessly mocked?
Well if that clears up your sniffles, then fine, RT is wrong, too. I've seen you tiptoe around coming out and denouncing Trump for a long, long time. You're the first one to up and give hypotheticals and analysis.

And also, whataboutism would have been if I said "But what about Trump's 35,000 lies, huh? HUH???" I came right out and called Joe Biden what he is. I guess calling out your party hurts so bad that you get pissy when the other side does it. You'll get there one day. I have faith.
Ouch...

Anyways.... the point was less whataboutism and more the fact that they will ignore things that are entirely unexplainable from their guy and then denigrate someone who tries to explain Biden.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:49 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:58 pm
What part of the first amendment doesn't apply to social media doesn't penetrate your thick skull?
What are you even talking about?
The Biden administration likely infringed upon the First Amendment when it leaned on social media companies to remove false or misleading COVID-19 content, a federal court of appeals ruled Friday — narrowing a bombshell district court order that barred several officials and agencies from communicating with the platforms.

The White House, surgeon general, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the FBI “likely coerced or significantly encouraged social-media platforms to moderate content” and in doing so, “likely violated the First Amendment,” the New Orleans-based Fifth US Circuit Court of Appeals determined.
https://nypost.com/2023/09/08/biden-off ... vid-court/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic