All accepted new registrations through 11:00p ET on September 26 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

Ron Cameron

A place to showcase the very best threads on the Buzzboard.
radiofan1974
Posts: 5902
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

Ron was the decision maker for Tim Mcormack and the life he has today
Momo
Posts: 11337
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Every time Ron references someone calling him “Ron,” an angel gets it wings.
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

It's all Art's fault that Ron ran over.
uncleb67
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:15 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by uncleb67 »

Momo wrote: ↑Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:36 pm Caller #13: new caller from Northville.
That was me, I kinda felt like I could jog Art’s memory about what an out-of-body experience that summer of ‘97 was after the Red Wings won The Stanley Cup. He seemed to read it more like “did he party with the Wings”…which I totally understand he didn’t, as he wanted to make clear he had his own friends! All in all, Art was a great guest today, and a real pro. He gave some good insight to that victory with the all-night radio coverage on DFN story then (people were “lubricated” to say the least!), and I certainly remember partying hard for an entire week until that terrible limo crash brought the collective high to a halt. Too bad, Ron high jacked those memories for that selfish, rambling Tim McCormick story.
Majik
Posts: 771
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Majik »

uncleb67 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:02 pm
Momo wrote: ↑Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:36 pm Caller #13: new caller from Northville.
That was me, I kinda felt like I could jog Art’s memory about what an out-of-body experience that summer of ‘97 was after the Red Wings won The Stanley Cup. He seemed to read it more like “did he party with the Wings”…which I totally understand he didn’t, as he wanted to make clear he had his own friends! All in all, Art was a great guest today, and a real pro. He gave some good insight to that victory with the all-night radio coverage on DFN story then (people were “lubricated” to say the least!), and I certainly remember partying hard for an entire week until that terrible limo crash brought the collective high to a halt. Too bad, Ron high jacked those memories for that selfish, rambling Tim McCormick story.
I missed the last 15 minutes of hour 2. How did it go from Red Wing celebration to Tim McC/Ron?
radiofan1974
Posts: 5902
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

Art was telling a story that involved coverage of Michigan-which Art is a big fan of, he talked about Tim Mcormack, which opened up the door for Ron……
uncleb67
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:15 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by uncleb67 »

Majik wrote: ↑Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:15 pm
uncleb67 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:02 pm
Momo wrote: ↑Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:36 pm Caller #13: new caller from Northville.
That was me, I kinda felt like I could jog Art’s memory about what an out-of-body experience that summer of ‘97 was after the Red Wings won The Stanley Cup. He seemed to read it more like “did he party with the Wings”…which I totally understand he didn’t, as he wanted to make clear he had his own friends! All in all, Art was a great guest today, and a real pro. He gave some good insight to that victory with the all-night radio coverage on DFN story then (people were “lubricated” to say the least!), and I certainly remember partying hard for an entire week until that terrible limo crash brought the collective high to a halt. Too bad, Ron high jacked those memories for that selfish, rambling Tim McCormick story.
I missed the last 15 minutes of hour 2. How did it go from Red Wing celebration to Tim McC/Ron?
Art mentioned that after he was on the radio all night after the Wings’ Stanley Cup clinching victory in ‘97 the first local programming on WDFN was Tim McCormick, who thanked Art for staying on the radio for the people of Detroit & MI. Ron quickly cut off Art and launched into some bumbling story of how he saved McCormick’s career (a story, of course, Art had never heard!).
Momo
Posts: 11337
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Momo wrote: ↑Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:28 am
radiofan1974 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:27 am Cowboy next perhaps :)
Or a caller from Dallas.
Coincidence that Ron soon thereafter got a call from someone claiming to be in Dallas?! I think not.
Momo
Posts: 11337
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Not only did Ron show zero interest in making the acquaintance of his lady producer, but he twice mentioned she was taking the place of the nameless Martin, "the other guy," who was on vacation. Yes, as "Jake from North Carolina" noted, he could learn a thing or two about treating people with whom he works.
Momo
Posts: 11337
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Bobbert wrote: ↑Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:35 pm Theory about out-state calls: Martin, who's on vacation, contacted different people around the country to call the show, and ask about sports that Ron wouldn't be interested in, and also suggest he treat his co-workers better.
If Martin's so keen to show up Ron, why would he suppress our "stupid" emails?
edj
Posts: 3434
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:54 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by edj »

Never could get stream to work. Of course I miss a legendary show. I hope a Cameronite recorded audio for posterity.

Were these out of state callers legit?
radiofan1974
Posts: 5902
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

edj wrote: ↑Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:30 pm Never could get stream to work. Of course I miss a legendary show. I hope a Cameronite recorded audio for posterity.

Were these out of state callers legit?
I think so, my theory is that the producer has a show and there callers called in
Momo
Posts: 11337
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

edj wrote: ↑Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:30 pm Were these out of state callers legit?
Other than the Toronto caller, I think they were all (local) plants. I'm guessing friends of the lady producer. And even the Toronto caller was suspect, as he said he wasn't a sports fan. I can see a non-sports fan landing on Ron's show when he was on WDTK, but what's the draw on WPON that would pull him in?!
Majik
Posts: 771
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Majik »

Momo wrote: ↑Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:17 pm
edj wrote: ↑Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:30 pm Were these out of state callers legit?
Other than the Toronto caller, I think they were all (local) plants. I'm guessing friends of the lady producer. And even the Toronto caller was suspect, as he said he wasn't a sports fan. I can see a non-sports fan landing on Ron's show when he was on WDTK, but what's the draw on WPON that would pull him in?!
Just maybe there was an atmospheric anomaly Sunday morning and the 5 watt tea light candle signal of The Mighty 1460 WPON was slathered across the fruited plains from sea to shining sea.
Post Reply