All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

Ron Cameron

A place to showcase the very best threads on the Buzzboard.
edj
Posts: 3450
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:54 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by edj »

I was in and out of the second hour. Sounds like classic Ron.

I am a little surprised the Friday show has had more callers than Sunday. Emails are drying up, or being ignored.
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

It's summer movie season, with super heroes everywhere (Indiana Jones, Spiderman, Flash, Guardians of the Galaxy).

But once again, Hollywood missed a great opportunity to launch a unique new super hero:

Image
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

Cowboy's 70th birthday is coming up next week (July 6). Maybe Mr. Positive can wish him a Happy Birthday on Ron's show.

https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 85#p735522
edj
Posts: 3450
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:54 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by edj »

Ron should demand Sima get a toll free number, so Cowboy himself could call (much to our chagrin). Plus maybe the return of Windsor Dave and his unique takes
Momo
Posts: 11340
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

Bobbert wrote: ↑Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:17 am Cowboy's 70th birthday is coming up next week (July 6). Maybe Mr. Positive can wish him a Happy Birthday on Ron's show.

https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 85#p735522
I second that (e)motion! Although I suspect Ron would frown on giving Cowboy the free publicity,

How many more times will Martin peddle the canard that Cowboy has emailed … & that all he said was “hi”?! If Cowboy was relying wholly on emails to communicate with Ron he’d surely have much more to say.
Dan in Northville
Posts: 466
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:45 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Dan in Northville »

Momo wrote: ↑Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:20 pm
Bobbert wrote: ↑Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:17 am Cowboy's 70th birthday is coming up next week (July 6). Maybe Mr. Positive can wish him a Happy Birthday on Ron's show.

https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 85#p735522
I second that (e)motion! Although I suspect Ron would frown on giving Cowboy the free publicity,

How many more times will Martin peddle the canard that Cowboy has emailed … & that all he said was “hi”?! If Cowboy was relying wholly on emails to communicate with Ron he’d surely have much more to say.

The only way Cowboy would send an email saying "HI" would be if "Hi" was some long lost relative of his that would be celebrating his 110th birthday this week had he not died 40 years ago.
radiofan1974
Posts: 5903
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

Watching the tigers game and I see Kirk Gibson is doing the away games in Colorado, good to see with the health issues he has, I am sure Ron will have a breakdown
radiofan1974
Posts: 5903
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

I am sure in Rons "show prep" he saw the article this morning about Hasse and his struggles, expect that to be pointed out and no mention of the beat writers being bought and paid for
radiofan1974
Posts: 5903
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by radiofan1974 »

Momo wrote: ↑Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:20 pm
Bobbert wrote: ↑Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:17 am Cowboy's 70th birthday is coming up next week (July 6). Maybe Mr. Positive can wish him a Happy Birthday on Ron's show.

https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 85#p735522
I second that (e)motion! Although I suspect Ron would frown on giving Cowboy the free publicity,

How many more times will Martin peddle the canard that Cowboy has emailed … & that all he said was “hi”?! If Cowboy was relying wholly on emails to communicate with Ron he’d surely have much more to say.
I have not listened lately but during the week the fox national show that is overnight at wraps up at 6:00 AM I believe sometimes ends with a cowboy segment, wonder if he is doing that still since he does not have access to WPON
Momo
Posts: 11340
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

radiofan1974 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:12 am
I have not listened lately but during the week the fox national show that is overnight at wraps up at 6:00 AM I believe sometimes ends with a cowboy segment, wonder if he is doing that still since he does not have access to WPON
Unless Cowboy’s carried out his talk of “retiring” from calling sports talk radio shows, I imagine he’s still calling. His absence from WPON airwaves is now - &, historically, has always been - a sole function of the station’s lack of a toll-free, call-in, number.
Momo
Posts: 11340
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Momo »

We can cross the Free Press's Ryan Ford off the list of potential guests for Ron. In a column addressing ten candidates to represent the Tigers at the ASG, Jake Rogers lands at #10, with 1,000-1 odds. In descending order, the others are Spencer Torkelson (500-1), Matt Vierling (400-1), Zach McKinstry (300-1), Tyler Holton (100-1), Miguel Combrero (50-1), Jason Foley (25-1), &, his top pick, at 2-1 odds, Alex Lange.
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

The Colorado Rockies have a hot-hitting player named Ezequiel Tovar.

I'm sure that will trigger nostalgic discussions today about Cesar Tovar by Ron and/or Kurt.
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Ron Cameron

Unread post by Bobbert »

MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:12 pm I can think of a phrase other than "superfan" or "San Francisco" that the letters "SF" represent.
Is the first word "stupid"? :wink:
Post Reply