Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ooops! Stay Classi-fied.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Ooops! Stay Classi-fied.

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:31 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:13 pm
And....

How about we look into the 14 million dollar donation to the Biden Penn Center from Chinese business? I doubt it was altruistic.
But legal. Spend some time looking at Santos and which republicans knew about all the lies. It would be a better use of your time.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:36 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:09 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:57 am
That doesn’t make him a king. We don’t do that here. Go back to England or something.
Hey Bryce...you reading this? :lol

I seem to recall a certain governor issuing executive orders like they were going out of style. And in her case, the authority to grant orders on the subject matter she was issuing wasn't even hers; rather, it was vested in the legislature by our state constitution. And when the legislature tried to take back the power that it rightfully had to exercise, what did that certain governor do? Why, veto those efforts, of course.

And I'll bet money that RT voted for that certain governor. Apparently he likes Queens but not Kings.
Whitmer considers herself a Queen, or are you adding fiction to the conversation?

As for Trump...
President Donald Trump compared himself to a king Saturday with a quote by American philosopher and writer Ralph Waldo Emerson warning: “When you strike at a king, you must kill him.”

Trump actually wrote “the king.”

Critics went wild.

Trump picked the quote in a tweet from a piece in The New York Times early this month warning that the angry, vengeful president would be dangerously unleashed once Senate Republicans acquitted him in the impeachment trial.
Also, wasn't Trump TWICE impeached?
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:33 pm

Being impeached means absolutely nothing. It is the same as being arrested but never convicted.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:17 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:33 pm
Being impeached means absolutely nothing. It is the same as being arrested but never convicted.
No it isn’t. It’s not even a legal proceeding. “Conviction” in that sense is for style points only.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:52 pm

This whole brouhaha is yet another reason our President deserves the nickname "Sloppy Joe."
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:49 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:31 pm
Bryce wrote:
And....

How about we look into the 14 million dollar donation to the Biden Penn Center from Chinese business? I doubt it was altruistic.
But legal. Spend some time looking at Santos and which republicans knew about all the lies. It would be a better use of your time.
I've tried looking into the Santos thing, but everytime I Google the terms
"Liar, Politician, Plagiarist Corruption" Joe Biden s name tops the first ten pages of search results.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:55 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:49 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:31 pm
Bryce wrote:
And....

I've tried looking into the Santos thing, but everytime I Google the terms
"Liar, Politician, Plagiarist Corruption" Joe Biden s name tops the first ten pages of search results.
Clear your cache, you should get Trump for the first 5 pages. Add "convicted" and you get more...
― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:01 am

It's time to end the train of Bush, Cheney, Harris, Clinton, Trump and Biden. They all had a go around as VP or POTUS from at least one family member. Give it rest.

DeSantus should be our next president.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:16 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:01 am
It's time to end the train of Bush, Cheney, Harris, Clinton, Trump and Biden. They all had a go around as VP or POTUS from at least one family member. Give it rest.

He would be just a continuation of them. He's also got Al Gore level charisma and causes an immediate callback to Jay Leno's "Al Gore Action Figure"... a 2X4... :lol Then he is best viewed on mute because he has an obnoxiously squeaky voice.

In other words... He's untested outside of Florida and probably will struggle on a nationwide basis.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:24 am

I guess you missed the polls, LOL.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:38 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:24 am
I guess you missed the polls, LOL.
No can’t said I have… it’s kinda what I do and all… he’s never led in the primary polling and as I just said and you either ignored or simply missed…. He’s untested and unknown outside of Florida.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:13 pm

What-about-ism alive and well at CNN:

And this graphic reminds me of the question I had that nobody has answered. Why did the National Archives reach out to Trump's lawyers mere months after Trump was out of office to obtain missing documents but never reached out to Biden's lawyers, years after the fact? Do we know why this is the case?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:23 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:13 pm
What-about-ism alive and well at CNN:

And this graphic reminds me of the question I had that nobody has answered. Why did the National Archives reach out to Trump's lawyers mere months after Trump was out of office to obtain missing documents but never reached out to Biden's lawyers, years after the fact? Do we know why this is the case?
That looks like an accurate comparison to me rather than what-about-ism. The latter requires some attempt to excuse behavior. You're telling me that even comparing the two is off limits or a sign of bias now? :lol :lol :lol We are approaching "saying anything bad about a conservative is a sign of bias and so is simply laying out the facts side by side!" territory here.

It may be that the nature of the material made it more obvious the documents were missing or the sheer volume or relevance of those in Trump's possession made it more obvious. The glaring difference remains that Bidens people found them and immediately called the national archives whereas Trump went so far as to have his lawyers commit perjury to make sure it was as hard as possible for them to be retrieved. There may potentially STILL be documents not returned by Trump and co. It makes this story hard for conservatives to use as a cudgel when their guy bungled the whole thing so colossally.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:13 pm

If you commit armed robbery at a party store and only get away with $10.00 should it be treated less seriously than the guy who got away with $1,000.00? That sure seems to be the bill of goods we're being sold by the left.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:27 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:16 am
audiophile wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:01 am

He would be just a continuation of them. He's also got Al Gore level charisma and causes an immediate callback to Jay Leno's "Al Gore Action Figure"... a 2X4... :lol Then he is best viewed on mute because he has an obnoxiously squeaky voice.

In other words... He's untested outside of Florida and probably will struggle on a nationwide basis.
Wait until his Crimes Against Humanity come out...
― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic