Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Jimmy Harbaugh fails in quest to get NFL head coaching job

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Re: Jimmy Harbaugh fails in quest to get NFL head coaching job

Post by Honeyman » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:35 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:23 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:15 pm
I agree with Honeyman to an extent.

All clearly is not well in Ann Arbor.

That said, Gattis' offensive schema didn't exactly work well his first two years in town. Last year's offense, however, looked a lot more like a traditional U-M offense. The on-field results were certainly improved.

Sounds like Gattis is pissed he wasn't rewarded with a handsome contract extension and pay increase.

So, I think there's a decent chance Gattis would've bolted regardless of Harbaugh's NFL exploratory activity. In terms of "shitting on Michigan," seems to me that's precisely what Gattis did!
Harbaugh, Hart, and Moore are probably deserving of the most credit for the offense this last year. Gattis came into his own as a playcaller, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was encouraged to leave. Notice that no current players appear to be upset at the departure...
This was you post three days ago. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were listing your choices alphabetically.
Matt wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:09 am
If he goes, I hope they go with Gattis, Hart, or Moore. They should also make a move to retain Jay Harbaugh.
Nonetheless, it's a fucking terrible look for your beloved university whether you want to admit the obvious or not.

No, what do Braylon and AB have in common? I'm sure you're gonna trash Edwards now because he said something negative about his alma mater, the mighty Michigan?

The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:45 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:35 pm
Matt wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:23 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:15 pm
I agree with Honeyman to an extent.

All clearly is not well in Ann Arbor.

That said, Gattis' offensive schema didn't exactly work well his first two years in town. Last year's offense, however, looked a lot more like a traditional U-M offense. The on-field results were certainly improved.

Sounds like Gattis is pissed he wasn't rewarded with a handsome contract extension and pay increase.

So, I think there's a decent chance Gattis would've bolted regardless of Harbaugh's NFL exploratory activity. In terms of "shitting on Michigan," seems to me that's precisely what Gattis did!
Harbaugh, Hart, and Moore are probably deserving of the most credit for the offense this last year. Gattis came into his own as a playcaller, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was encouraged to leave. Notice that no current players appear to be upset at the departure...
This was you post three days ago. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were listing your choices alphabetically.
Matt wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:09 am
If he goes, I hope they go with Gattis, Hart, or Moore. They should also make a move to retain Jay Harbaugh.
Nonetheless, it's a fucking terrible look for your beloved university whether you want to admit the obvious or not.

No, what do Braylon and AB have in common? I'm sure you're gonna trash Edwards now because he said something negative about his alma mater, the mighty Michigan?
I wasn't aware of the Gattis issues prior to today. There is a reason he wasn't on the list, and it is out there. Knowing what I know today, I am happy he's gone. Maybe if Auburn opens, Gattis will get a look there. It seems like a natural fit.

Braylon was one of the first guys to shit on RR. I've had no use for him in nearly 14 years. Along with mental issues, he and AB both beat State in college.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:55 pm

Jim really fucked up with his whole NFL charade and did a piss off a lot of staff as it is quite obvious. He disrespected the program.

That being said I do think Mike Hart can step in and do okay.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:02 am

I'm not yet convinced Hart belongs in that conversation but I would certainly agree with you on Harbaugh and Moore (who was a co-offensive coordinator this past season).

Also agree re: Braylon Edwards. That guy has been making an ass of himself for years.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:56 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:02 am
I'm not yet convinced Hart belongs in that conversation but I would certainly agree with you on Harbaugh and Moore (who was a co-offensive coordinator this past season).

Also agree re: Braylon Edwards. That guy has been making an ass of himself for years.
If you got stuck in Cleveland your whole career, maybe you would be a little pissy too?

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:02 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:56 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:02 am

If you got stuck in Cleveland your whole career, maybe you would be a little pissy too?
Maybe I would do well on the field and request a trade away from the mistake by the lake?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:38 am

For the crappy QB's Braylon played with, I would say he did do well.

Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:29 am

Braylon is a person that can't understand normal thinking.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:21 am

Braylon Edwards got fired from BTN a month into the job a couple of years ago.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:07 pm

Braylon has a drinking problem, I suspect.

Moore and Weiss have been named co-offensive coordinators following the Gattis defection. Not surprising at all.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:15 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:07 pm
Braylon has a drinking problem, I suspect.

Moore and Weiss have been named co-offensive coordinators following the Gattis defection. Not surprising at all.
I'm really happy with the new staff. Minter will run the same system Macdonald ran defensively.

Honeyman

EDIT:Jimmy Harbaugh fails in quest to get NFL head coaching job in 2021. What about now?

Post by Honeyman » Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:52 pm

BUMP. Speculation has resurfaced. Is it just noise?

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/sta ... 0320232449

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:19 pm

I don't believe this is anything more than clickbait. I would like to see Harbaugh shut down the speculation AGAIN.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:56 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:19 pm
I don't believe this is anything more than clickbait. I would like to see Harbaugh shut down the speculation AGAIN.
Your beloved hack John U. Bacon seems to think there is something there.

https://twitter.com/johnubacon/status/1 ... 6520990721

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:34 am

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:56 am
Matt wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:19 pm
Your beloved hack John U. Bacon seems to think there is something there.

https://twitter.com/johnubacon/status/1 ... 6520990721
He actually covered all bases in his tweets. He's also a best selling author, hardly a hack.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic