Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Good customer service list

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Matt

Good customer service list

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:38 am

TT has had several long running threads complaining about businesses that have evolved past a 1972 service model, and I want to spread some positivity!

Costco Gas - Ann Arbor, MI 9/24/22

I arrived at the pump with my membership card and my payment card ready to use. They worked flawlessly and I was in and out in 2 1/2 minutes! On top of that, it was 40 cents cheaper than the gas stations just down State St. Finally, paying with cash and wandering away from your vehicle are not options. I appreciate an efficiently run operation that is consistently cheaper than all nearby competitors.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Re: Good customer service list

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:48 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:38 am
TT has had several long running threads complaining about businesses that have evolved past a 1972 service model, and I want to spread some positivity!

Costco Gas - Ann Arbor, MI 9/24/22

I arrived at the pump with my membership card and my payment card ready to use. They worked flawlessly and I was in and out in 2 1/2 minutes! On top of that, it was 40 cents cheaper than the gas stations just down State St. Finally, paying with cash and wandering away from your vehicle are not options. I appreciate an efficiently run operation that is consistently cheaper than all nearby competitors.
Now the negative… you need a membership just to get in line. They keep the gas cheaper to get you to but a membership imho. So now how much gas must you buy at a $.40 difference, which varies obviously, to get the money for the membership back? You start in a hole.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:17 pm

$0.40 is a common difference which means a membership pays for itself in ten fill ups if you don't consider savings on household items. Costco is great.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:17 pm
$0.40 is a common difference which means a membership pays for itself in ten fill ups if you don't consider savings on household items. Costco is great.
I have been there but never had a membership… how much are they anyways?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:04 pm

My vote goes to Barnes and Noble. One of my favourite places. I love the atmosphere. It's so peaceful.

Sure, they have an on site Starbucks but that's OK. It keeps the middle class occupied while I browse the shelves

I can spend an hour there and come out with only one or two books. It never feels like wasted time.

Fortunately there are a couple of women's stores nearby where I can drop my wife off and she'll be happy.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:07 pm

McDonalds (Ithaca exit US-127) - I went into the store, and to my surprise there was an actual human running the register! No kiosk for me, making me do the work that employees should do. I barked my order to the cashier, who constantly misunderstood me, rang it up wrong, and struggled to make change. When I got my order, it was incorrect. It was beautiful! Just as God intended it. I'm not ringing it up exactly how I want it on the kiosk, that dirty ol' screen. No sir, I'm rubbing my hands all over that nice clean cash that I'm forking over!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:23 pm

:lol
Graham Wellington wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:07 pm
McDonalds (Ithaca exit US-127) - I went into the store, and to my surprise there was an actual human running the register! No kiosk for me, making me do the work that employees should do. I barked my order to the cashier, who constantly misunderstood me, rang it up wrong, and struggled to make change. When I got my order, it was incorrect. It was beautiful! Just as God intended it. I'm not ringing it up exactly how I want it on the kiosk, that dirty ol' screen. No sir, I'm rubbing my hands all over that nice clean cash that I'm forking over!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:57 pm

Oryana Co-op in Traverse City.

Everyone knows their department, and have the time to help you figure out what you need. Best experience in Michigan.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:19 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:57 pm
Oryana Co-op in Traverse City.

Everyone knows their department, and have the time to help you figure out what you need. Best experience in Michigan.

I was going to ask if that replaced Lucky's, but Google answered the question as yes. It's a shame Lucky's didn't make it...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:38 pm

They have two locations now, the former Lucky's location is run almost exactly as it was. You can thank Kroger for tanking Lucky's. I've been a fan of them since store number one in Boulder 20 years ago. Oryana has done an excellent job taking over and they've made very little changes except improve the customer experience and they are raking in the cash.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:24 am

For me, I will give the honor to my local auto mechanic - Darrell's Maxi Muffler. When my old 2001 Chevy Blazer needs an oil change or general repairs, I've always received good service there where they know me and my car.

Anybody here have specific auto mechanics they take their vehicles to due to good service? Or on the flip side, anybody ever been ripped off by one?

SteveS

Post by SteveS » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:45 am

I had never been to a Chick-fil-A until two years ago in Toledo. While waiting in line I was thinking to myself that the employees were extremely polite. At that time I didn't know customer service was such a thing with them.

Taco

Post by Taco » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:36 am

About a month or so ago I stopped at the Chick-fil-A in Traverse City. Had never been to one and decided to give it a shot. I have to say that I was not impressed with the food and small portions.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:40 am

SteveS wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:45 am
I had never been to a Chick-fil-A until two years ago in Toledo. While waiting in line I was thinking to myself that the employees were extremely polite. At that time I didn't know customer service was such a thing with them.

Agree 100%

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:44 pm

Shout out to Eric at Parkway Chrysler Dodge Jeep. He works on the oddball Saab cars that come in for maintenance, including mine.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic